Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think these cops could have been a little nicer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jessjones17 View Post
    Philip if you are only able to take things either very seriously or as a joke, then yeah you might want to take this whole thing as a joke. Most people here are able to find a middle ground between joke and serious.
    Well, you DID say I shouldn't take you seriously, so I won't OK?. I'm well aware of the middle ground between joke and serious, and I;m also aware of a gentleman from Oxfordshire UK who seems to take himself a little too seriously. And Jess, please don't presume to tell me what most people here are able to do. With a six post total, you haven't a clue.

Comment

oh its philip flipping his lid again.. When I say 'most people here' I mean most people on this thread. And yes I don't have many posts and that's because I have better things to do than posting threads after threads..

Comment

oh its philip flipping his lid again.. When I say 'most people here' I mean most people on this thread. And yes I don't have many posts and that's because I have better things to do than posting threads after threads..
        Your profile identifies you as a "Student". It's becoming rather apparent the the UK variety of "Student" has much in common with it's American counterpart. It's simply amazing that "Students" possess so much knowledge and experience, are able to weigh in on such a variety of topics, and still not have the slightest notion of just what in hell they're talking about. If indeed, you have better things to do than posting threads after threads, why not quit now. You won't be missed.

Comment

Really I thought both were nice about it. Maybe the tone of the first officer sounded harsh but to me it sounded more like "Hey dummy your in a crime seen get out!".

The 2nd showed great restraint dealing with someone who found ignoring the officers and talking on a cell phone more important.
          I think maybe her having to set in the back of a car a hour or so then being questioned for a while will maybe help her wise up a little in her life journey.
          I hope they took the cell phone away from her too..
          Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Comment

LOL, yet another "expert" on how Cops should do their job

OP, your basing on a video shows you lack the intelligence to reserve comment until you have the complete picture and Police training in regards to crime scene integrity.

Notice that you are new here...................while you are entitled to your opinion, it is just plain wrong!
            "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Look at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJYOumvG5BM

I know they had every right to be mad because the lady was being really stupid and ignorant to trudge a crime scene. But still, I found it a bit rude when the officer shouts across the yard at her. He could have politely walked up to her and sent her on her way. The second cop was being a little too serious and even said that he would arrest her when clearly she was complying with him. She was just concerned about her personal property and was only a few feet into the crime scene. I know a lot of you are cops here so I want to know what you think about this.
              Rude??? She just contaminated the scene of a felony. Passing that tape can compromise the entire investigation by compromising all evidence within. If an officer didn't see her when he did and say something, she might have actually put her DNA (fingerprints) on the vehicle and then the whole case could be lost.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaGuy
                Hmmm lets see murder, cocaine, marijuana and DUI are a helluva lot more serious crimes than what I saw the woman do, which was LOOKING at her car about 2 feet into a crime scene.
                Who knows the ramifications of her crossing the tape? Maybe there was muddy footprints where she stepped that could be linked to a potential subject that are now gone because she stepped on them? -- The road is of a gravel type, which can easily contain footprints.

And that's right, you saw the woman LOOKING..... until someone drilled some common sense into her brain. But what if no one said anything to her? Then she might have went on to TOUCHING the vehicle, OPENING the vehicle or heaven forbid, REMOVING anything from the vehicle. And we also don't know what happened prior to someone shooting the vehicle. She could have already put her DNA all over that vehicle and the crime scene. Now she might be needed to be put on the chain of custody because who knows how her actions have already affected that investigation. I'm sure if you thought about it you could see where her disturbing a crime scene can have the ability to be a little more serious then some of the crimes you mentioned.

Comment

And that is all EVERYONE else who has made a comment has seen no one knows about muddy footprints, DNA fingerprints or ANYTHING else. As I have stated numerous times, I agree that the woman was a doosh, and all I saw was police being nothing more than cordial to the woman letting her know she had to come to them to be interviewed.

I just dont understand why everyone is reading WAY more into this video than what we have seen. I saw the exact same video as everyone else and can only comment on what I saw, and the same for EVERYONE else on here.

IndianaGuy
                  I'm not too sure what you are getting at. If you are mad people have insulted you, then that's your beef with them, not me.

I wouldn't call it "reading" into the video. We as police have to think of the consequences and reprocussions of people's actions..... it's how we dictate our actions and response. Hence why the officer in the video had to detain the woman. Maybe all they saw was her looking inside the crime tape, but they don't know how she just could have affected their investigation.
                  Last edited by mp1161; 04-30-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

You are NOT investigating this particular crime scene, only commenting on a video you watched. We were discussing what was in a video and nothing more. As for me being mad at people lobbing insults, I just take it as immature children who can do nothing more than call names instead of having a civil discussion on what was on a video.

IndianaGuy

I give up. Maybe someone else can try to get him to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by mp1161 View Post

I give up. Maybe someone else can try to get him to understand?
                      Won't happen, he doesn't listen to reason.

Comment

Look at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJYOumvG5BM

I know they had every right to be mad because the lady was being really stupid and ignorant to trudge a crime scene. But still, I found it a bit rude when the officer shouts across the yard at her. He could have politely walked up to her and sent her on her way. The second cop was being a little too serious and even said that he would arrest her when clearly she was complying with him. She was just concerned about her personal property and was only a few feet into the crime scene. I know a lot of you are cops here so I want to know what you think about this.
                        As far as Indiana Guy goes, there is a reason people are, "lobbing insults," your way.

Yes we should be nice to everyone and overly worry about everyone's feelings as to be modest and politically correct at all times...............or maybe people shouldn't do stupid **** and they won't have to worry about getting educated by the police......... She may have just contaminated the crap out that crime scene and now vital evidence may be lost causing the police not to be able to find a murder suspect, or someone else who is very important to take off the streets........but then again we could be nice so people might think we are more caring and sensitive...........GEEZE...............
                        Last edited by ACrowley; 04-30-2011, 11:31 AM.
                        Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. - Matthew 5:9

Welcome to the greatest show on earth......

Comment

What that i stated that you and no one else on this particular thread was investigating the crime scene. I completely understand the issues at hand, and understand that what the woman did was boneheaded and stupid, but I also stated that I IMHO didnt think that she deserved a record for the rest of her life because of a stupid boneheaded move.

IndianaGuy
                          I would've charged her with obstruction and possibly tampering with evidence....... If you are soooooo stupid that you dont blatently disregard the yellow tape that undoubtedly states something to the effect of POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS or CRIME SCENE DO NOT CROSS because you are that ghetto, then you need to be delt with accordingly.......

Indiana Guy, you can't just go around doing whatever you want to and not expect any consequences for your actions...... The funny thing is, that most of the people you see in these situations have directly placed themselves in that position with disregard for what may happen........

Even if I didn't charge her, I would still be motivating her in a voice loud enough that everyone can hear........
                          Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
                            It's not about "letting it go." He didn't arrest her because he was upset, he arrested her because she contaminated a crime scene and she needed to be processed. She could have either accidentally messed up a crime scene or intentionally been there to hide something. Either way she made herself part of the crime scene.

The officers' fingerprints are already on file for comparison against those found at the scene. They needed to take similar actions for her.
                            What? He didn't arrest her period. She was brought back in because they had to process her. She stepped in the crime scene therefor it was contaminated. There is a good chance her *** would be in a jam if she wasn't processed. If the lab results came back with her dna or prints and she wasn't listed as being in the crime scene she could have been screwed and would have been screaming about how the department tried to frame her.

She should get of her freaking cell and listen to the officers so she can understand how important it is that she be processed so she does not end up having to explain why her nasty mojo is in the crime scene. But this murder or whatever the crime is does not involve her so she doesn't give two ****z.

And to the op, the officers handled themselves very well. I don't even see why that is a question.
                            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

In any event she does not seem to care about what is going on. She is standing around talking on the phone like it is no big deal. If she does not care about what is going on why should I care about her having a criminal history over this?
                              Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
                                In any event she does not seem to care about what is going on. She is standing around talking on the phone like it is no big deal. If she does not care about what is going on why should I care about her having a criminal history over this?
                                +1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5618 users online. 343 members and 5275 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X