Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think these cops could have been a little nicer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndianaGuy
    Yea really... I didnt see ANYTHING on the tape specifying a crime scene or a anything at all. Just some yellow tape. As I have stated numerous times before I do agree that she was a doosh for crossing without asking someone.

IndianaGuy

How can I argue with logic like this?

Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
    They seemed to be pretty nice to me. Only thing I noticed was the confusion. One officer told her to get out, the next guy came up and told her to come back inside the tape.
    He didn't know who she was and she obviously was not going to be controllable so he put her inside his minijail in the back seat, which he stated, because she had already contaminated the crime scene area.
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

I have to disagree with your thought process on making stupid decisions. Bad people are going to be bad because they WANT to do wrong. We as normal people think they may have made a stupid decision, but the bad guy didnt care one way or an other about the decisions they have made.
      Bad people are going to be bad because of a stupid decision they made at some point in their life. The heroin addict, at some point, made the stupid decision to get high. Now, the heroin addict makes daily stupid decisions chasing that same high.

Do people NOT commit robbery because of a law forbidding it? Nope, they dont because they are inherently a good person. There has NEVER been a single law created that has ever reduced crime based on a person deciding to not commit a crime because of the repercussions of committing that crime.
      Because they're smart. Smart decisions are being made here. Not breaking law, in my book, is a smart decision.

Now yes, the woman was in the wrong, and stupid and should have known better, BUT she also shouldnt have to deal with a record that will follow her around the rest of her life because she was stupid.
      Why not? She made the decision to enter a clearly restricted area. SHE made the decision to LIFT the tape, WALK underneath it, and MOVE around the scene. She shouldn't be held accountable???
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jessjones17 View Post
        Look at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJYOumvG5BM

I know they had every right to be mad because the lady was being really stupid and ignorant to trudge a crime scene. But still, I found it a bit rude when the officer shouts across the yard at her. He could have politely walked up to her and sent her on her way. The second cop was being a little too serious and even said that he would arrest her when clearly she was complying with him. She was just concerned about her personal property and was only a few feet into the crime scene. I know a lot of you are cops here so I want to know what you think about this.
        @jcioccke Lol! You don't have to be that sarcastic! I never said they should have slobbered all over her. What I am saying is that as much as that lady was being ignorant and dumb, she wasn't resisting the cop when he told her to get out of the crime scene. Also, when the other cop asks her to sit in the police car she doesn't take long to comply.
        They see me trollin, they hatin!

Comment

They were a lot nicer than I would have been.

Comment

How could one reasonably be expected to know it is a police crime scene unless it is clearly marked. I am not saying she didnt screw up, I agree she did, but how was she to know it was a crime scene without there being any markings?

IndianaGuy
            Dude, are you are MARS!??!? All the police cars and probably crime would be clues, not to mention her comments on the phone, she knew damn well it is a crime scene. Plus the yellow tape, you think that was a suggestion? I think 99.999% of human beings would see the tape and the police cars and think "hmm.. I bet this is a crime scene". Seriously, go away.

Comment

I agree the woman was a total and complete ***hat, and should have known to ask someone before just crossing the line. BUT, to put something on someone's record FOR LIFE, because they were STUPID is IMHO a little harsh.

Yea I think the woman was way outta line especially not getting off the phone IMMEDIATELY when confronted by the police.

IndianaGuy
              So when I arrest someone for first offense DUI or first offense marijuana possession or first offense possession of cocaine or first offense burglary or first offense murder and put that on "their record for life" because they were stupid is harsh? Contaminating a crime scene is serious.....since it is A CRIME SCENE!!!! It could completely change the way the investigation turns out, it could be something that a defense attorney uses to get a criminal off.

You don't have a clue to what you are talking about.
              I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it

"But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet
              it" - Thucydides

sigpic

Comment

I just hope she next doesn't show up at my fire scene and try to go under that tape. Contaminating a crime scene is bad sure, but fire will kick back hard. I'd like her try to say she didn't know when the house flashes over and she gets blown 20 feet down the street.

Police, fire, HAZMAT, it don't matter if it says anything or if it's frickn' crepe paper...if there are public safety officials inside it, that means YOU STAY OUT!!!
                SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

Yeah come on guys. Indianaguy is right. There was only yellow tape, just ignore all of the Police cars there, uniformed officers, people standing around watching the Police. How was she to know there was Police involvment there??? I am sure that when she parked her car there last night she had to drive around that ugly yellow tape. In fact since it is probably there everyday why would she even notice it????

Indianaguy you will fall the way of Darwinism.
                  Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Any why would that be? Only because she upset you by crossing the crime scene tape? And yea IMHO it is a little much to put a record on someone because all they wanted to do was check on their personal property. Yes we all know she was a dips*** by crossing, and she should have asked someone instead of just crossing, BUT, and I have watched the video some more, I dont see ANYWHERE where it states CRIME SCENE, STAY OUT, FIRE SCENE, or anything at all, nothing more than just some yellow tape strung up. How could one reasonably be expected to know it is a police crime scene unless it is clearly marked. I am not saying she didnt screw up, I agree she did, but how was she to know it was a crime scene without there being any markings?

IndianaGuy

Probably those cars with the flashing red and blue lights on them that the yellow tape is tied to would give most half brain dead people a clue...........
                    I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it

"But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet
                    it" - Thucydides

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm well how about this...

Unconsciously, breathing is controlled by specialized centers in the brainstem, which automatically regulate the rate and depth of breathing depending on the body’s needs at any time. When carbon dioxide levels increase in the blood, it reacts with the water in blood, producing carbonic acid. Lactic acid produced by anaerobic respiration during exercise also lowers pH. The drop in the blood's pH stimulates chemoreceptors in the carotid and aortic bodies in the blood system to send nerve impulses to the respiration centre in the medulla oblongata and pons in the brain. These, in turn send nerve impulses through the phrenic and thoracic nerves to the diaphragm.

IndianaGuy
                      Let's copy and paste something that I found on the internet so that police officers on an internet forum will think that I am smart and cut me a break for the previous ignorant comments that I have posted.

What rational person sees a bunch of police cars around an area wrapped up with yellow tape with nobody but police officers inside the marked area that are obviously processing a crime scene and thinks that it's ok to enter the same area? If your car got shot, then I really don't think that your insurance company is going to care if it takes another 1-5 hours to start the claims process. Even if it is shot, there isn't anything you can do about it until that time so it makes no sense to cross into a crime scene and interrupt the investigation.

A few years ago, we had a shooting at a large (200-300 people) weekly gathering at a local gas station. After we got the scene under control and put up the crime scene tape, we had the whole scene surrounded with over half a dozen police cars with flashing lights and officers standing every 50-ft on the line. Some jackhole decided that even with all of the crime scene tape and shouts from other officers to other nearby citizens to stay away that he would just sneak under the line on the dark side of the store in the shadows and walk directly to the spot where the victim had ended up on the pavement. I hooked him and booked him for interfering with public duties because, like in this video, our crime scene guys had to stop what they were doing to help me deal with him. The case went to court and he got convicted for interfering with our investigation. The idiot said that he just crossed the line so that he could get a soda from the (obviously closed) store.
                      Last edited by S.O.444; 04-29-2011, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Any why would that be? Only because she upset you by crossing the crime scene tape? And yea IMHO it is a little much to put a record on someone because all they wanted to do was check on their personal property. Yes we all know she was a dips*** by crossing, and she should have asked someone instead of just crossing, BUT, and I have watched the video some more, I dont see ANYWHERE where it states CRIME SCENE, STAY OUT, FIRE SCENE, or anything at all, nothing more than just some yellow tape strung up. How could one reasonably be expected to know it is a police crime scene unless it is clearly marked. I am not saying she didnt screw up, I agree she did, but how was she to know it was a crime scene without there being any markings?

IndianaGuy
                        Kind of reminds me of the lady who ordered a HOT, steaming coffee from McDonalds, spilled it on herself, burned herself, then sued McDonalds for not having a warning on the HOT, steaming coffee that said "Caution: HOT!"...you should go to law school and become an ambulance chaser and help the morons continue the downfall of society...(if you aren't one already)...
                        Originally posted by RSGSRT
                        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

@PhilipCal What are you going off on me for?? I am not dictating anyone's replies here or criticising the police. I respect whatever people have said here and what those officers did in the clip. I am not making a strong expression of opinion on this video. So you shouldn't really be taking anything that I say seriously. I have respect for the law enforcement and that's one of the reasons why I am on this forum.

Comment

@PhilipCal What are you going off on me for?? I am not dictating anyone's replies here or criticising the police. I respect whatever people have said here and what those officers did in the clip. I am not making a strong expression of opinion on this video. So you shouldn't really be taking anything that I say seriously. I have respect for the law enforcement and that's one of the reasons why I am on this forum.
                            So, I should take your post as a joke? OK, I can do that. That's what it is.

Comment

@Dingo990
                              I don't think gatecrashing the royal wedding would really pass for a crime that you might potentially be arrested for. We don't really know many lunatics down here that would do that anyway. However, if we do have someone wandering into the royal wedding, I think the British police would not scream across at them to get out, they would probably promptly walk them out and maybe laugh about it later. UK police are patient and tactful people.

Comment

Philip if you are only able to take things either very seriously or as a joke, then yeah you might want to take this whole thing as a joke. Most people here are able to find a middle ground between joke and serious.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5414 users online. 330 members and 5084 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X