Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think these cops could have been a little nicer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think these cops could have been a little nicer?

Look at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJYOumvG5BM

I know they had every right to be mad because the lady was being really stupid and ignorant to trudge a crime scene. But still, I found it a bit rude when the officer shouts across the yard at her. He could have politely walked up to her and sent her on her way. The second cop was being a little too serious and even said that he would arrest her when clearly she was complying with him. She was just concerned about her personal property and was only a few feet into the crime scene. I know a lot of you are cops here so I want to know what you think about this.
    Last edited by jessjones17; 04-28-2011, 04:44 PM.

She walked under the blatantly obvious crime scene tape. The police have no obligation to 'be nice' after such an action.

Comment

Originally posted by jessjones17 View Post
      Look at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJYOumvG5BM

I know they had every right to be mad because the lady was being really stupid and ignorant to trudge a crime scene. But still, I found it a bit rude when the officer shouts across the yard at her. He could have politely walked up to her and sent her on her way. The second cop was being a little too serious and even said that he would arrest her when clearly she was complying with him. She was just concerned about her personal property and was only a few feet into the crime scene. I know a lot of you are cops here so I want to know what you think about this.

You obviously were watching completely different clip than I was.

She clearly walked into a restricted area, wasn't being cooperative (she was pulling away from the officer) and arguing. Once she entered that crime scene, the officers decided that she needed to be processed as part of the scene. Too bad about her property -------she screwed up when she entered the scene---

Their call as to how that was going to happen and they obviously decided they wanted to detain her in order to process her. She would have been the last part of the scene I process as she waited in the patrol car for us to get done with the rest of the scene.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

know a lot of you are cops here so I want to know what you think about this.
        They were so rude. I mean shoot they all should have dropped what they were doing and helped her. At least the Department can do is pay for someone to get her rollers out. Also it looked warm out, Clearly someone should have gotten her a drink. The nerve of that cop interrupting her during a phone call, boy it bothers me.

This was my favorite youtube post

lol... the economy was so f'ed up, the popo can't even afford to print words on them yellow tape thingy's anymore haha
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

@jcioccke Lol! You don't have to be that sarcastic! I never said they should have slobbered all over her. What I am saying is that as much as that lady was being ignorant and dumb, she wasn't resisting the cop when he told her to get out of the crime scene. Also, when the other cop asks her to sit in the police car she doesn't take long to comply.
          Last edited by jessjones17; 04-28-2011, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I wonder if she got off the phone and apologized to the officer if he would have let it go. The only rudeness I saw was from her.
            It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by jessjones17 View Post
              @jcioccke Lol! You don't have to be that sarcastic! I never said they should have slobbered all over her. What I am saying is that as much as that lady was being ignorant and dumb, she wasn't resisting the cop when he told her to get out of the crime scene. Also, when the other cop asks her to sit in the police car she doesn't take long to comply.
              Couple of pointers there Jess. First. YOU don't get to dictate the replies your receive from this forum, nor do you get to dictate the manner in which you receive them. We, as a forum do that. Secondly. We do not make it a practice to second guess, criticise. critique or monday morning quarterback the actions of other Officers. You are certainly entitled to your opinion in this situation. Having that right, having that entitlement does not in way guarantee that you know what you're talking about. In this instance you don't.

Comment

Wow another go no where thread??? give me a few minutes to make some popcorn.
                Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Everyone should know better than to walk into a taped-off site without getting permission first.

Comment

I think the officers would have been justified in running up and dragging her out of the scene. She didn't help her situation by staying on the phone

Simply yelling at her and calmly walking her off was being nice.

I wonder how UK police would react if some "citizen" wondered into the royal wedding.

Added: Also, judging by her 1980s Oldsmobile and flip phone, it doesn't appear she makes a habit of making good life decisions.
                    Last edited by Dingo990; 04-28-2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Shameful display of heavy handed police state tactics. They should resign immediately or be forced to consume a quart of Keopectate each, then do 25 push-ups on their knuckles and finally, attend a sensitivity class taught by Rosie O'Donnell.

I am ashamed of my profession.
                      The All New
                      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                        Shameful display of heavy handed police state tactics. They should resign immediately or be forced to consume a quart of Keopectate each, then do 25 push-ups on their knuckles and finally, attend a sensitivity class taught by Rosie O'Donnell.

I know what a bunch of *** Hats
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
                          I wonder if she got off the phone and apologized to the officer if he would have let it go. The only rudeness I saw was from her.
                          It's not about "letting it go." He didn't arrest her because he was upset, he arrested her because she contaminated a crime scene and she needed to be processed. She could have either accidentally messed up a crime scene or intentionally been there to hide something. Either way she made herself part of the crime scene.

The officers' fingerprints are already on file for comparison against those found at the scene. They needed to take similar actions for her.

Comment

In our crime scene she would have been detained and identified and determined what she had touched. If she intentionally contaminated the scene she would have been charged.
                            Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post

only 25 knuckle puchups? i love them...
                              dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6245 users online. 364 members and 5881 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X