300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I break some rule?

Sitting in a McDonald's for an early lunch. It is a rare thing that we even go to a fast food place.

The place is empty except for the wife and myself.

Two guys walk in and before the first one gets his second foot in the door I noticed several things.

1. First guy was printing.
    2. Second their attire was not right. Blue jeans, button up shirt (untucked) and the other was just wearing a T-shirt untucked. The two as a pair did not fit and struck me as an odd couple.

So I guess you could say they set off my spidey sense. They had my full attention at that point.

The wife senses something is wrong and asks me what's wrong.

I simply said "I hope those two are police, because the first guy is printing badly." Empty restaurant, not said loudly, no scene made, but the second guy over heard me and tapped his buddy on the shoulder and said something to the effect of "knows we are the police." nodding towards me.

They then put their ID carrier and shields on the outside of their shirts. I paid them no heed at that point going back to my meal and conversation with the wife.

I was in blue jeans and an untucked button up shirt myself.

One orders and one sits and I get the mad dog stare from the one not printing and sitting. I ignore him for a bit and after a minute look him in the eye and nod going back to my meal and conversation with the wife.

Just wondering what unspoken rule I broke here considering I never gave them a second look once their IDs were out and if they were CCWs then I know I would appreciate it if someone told me I was printing although no one ever has.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
    After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

What the heck is printing?
    It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

post deleted
      Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Letting the outline of your concealed weapon to be noticed by someone
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

You made a thread about the way a cop looked at you?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Letting the outline of your concealed weapon to be noticed by someone
            Thanks.
            It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
              You made a thread about the way a cop looked at you?
              shrug, and ?

Was I complaining about it? Not really.

Does not bother me at all really. Their reaction was curious was all.

Comment

What if they weren't cops? It's legal with a CPL around here. You don't have to be a cop to have a concealed weapon.... I would of just observed silently and taken action if action needed to be taken.

What if they were coming to rob the joint? You just called them out and you would of been their first target.

If you notice they have a gun you're one step ahead...regardless if it's a civilian, cop or bad guy. It's legal in most places to carry concealed for everyone. Just watch and figure out what to do next, especially with your wife/family there. Now would be a good time if you haven't already to discuss what your wife/family is supposed to do if that had been a bad guy instead the po-lice.

Comment

Only reason they put their shields out was for the meal! They did not do it for your benefit.
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                    Only reason they put their shields out was for the meal! They did not do it for your benefit.
                    This is distinctly possible.

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                    What if they weren't cops? It's legal with a CPL around here. You don't have to be a cop to have a concealed weapon.... I would of just observed silently and taken action if action needed to be taken.

What if they were coming to rob the joint? You just called them out and you would of been their first target.

If you notice they have a gun you're one step ahead...regardless if it's a civilian, cop or bad guy. It's legal in most places to carry concealed for everyone. Just watch and figure out what to do next, especially with your wife/family there. Now would be a good time if you haven't already to discuss what your wife/family is supposed to do if that had been a bad guy instead the po-lice.
                    Those possibilities we were both prepared for. Just from the look of them they were not there to knock over McDonalds. I honestly believed they were possibly CCWs who were printing on accident. Which would have put them in violation of their CCW as defined by the Texas definition.

"Concealed handgun" means a handgun, the presence of which is not openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person.

Perhaps I am simply not a reasonable person?

Comment

Like this?

Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                        Like this?

That's not a firearm, it's his Blackberry.
                        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I have never heard the term printing. Must be an east coast thing???
                          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                            Like this?

Lol... Kind of but worse. I would have taken bets on the type of holster it was.

They were standing and could discern the gun and the extra mag on the front of the holster.

Comment

I've heard it here in Vegas, although not often.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4218 users online. 228 members and 3990 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X