Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Calls Police After French Fry Theft

http://www.kcci.com/news/27703424/detail.html

OMAHA, Neb. -- An Omaha high school called police after a student was accused of stealing French fries, reported KETV.

The incident happened at Millard South High School. School officials told police the student stole the French fries from the cafeteria.

Asst. Principal Heidi Weaver contacted the school's resource officer about the possible French fries theft last Wednesday at 1 p.m. A police report shows a girl had taken one serving of fries out of the cafeteria without paying for them.

Omaha police said the 17-year-old girl was charged with shoplifting, a misdemeanor, and then released.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

OMAHA, Neb. -- An Omaha high school called police after a student was accused of stealing French fries, reported KETV.

The incident happened at Millard South High School. School officials told police the student stole the French fries from the cafeteria.

Asst. Principal Heidi Weaver contacted the school's resource officer about the possible French fries theft last Wednesday at 1 p.m. A police report shows a girl had taken one serving of fries out of the cafeteria without paying for them.

Omaha police said the 17-year-old girl was charged with shoplifting, a misdemeanor, and then released.
    Wow, at my HS they would have assigned you to detention instead.
    Life is what you make of it

Comment

Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post
      Wow, at my HS they would have assigned you to detention instead.
      Seriously! What is wrong with society nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by ProtectandServe View Post
        Seriously! What is wrong with society nowadays?
        School teachers and administrators have put their brains on a shelf and now rely on "zero tolerance" policies for every damn thing.
        There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
        http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

Stealing is stealing. Probably would've been more practical to handle it in house but IMO the school had every right to call the po po. My guess is this kid's been more trouble in many other areas besides this one time.
          sigpic
          Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
          And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Disregard.....

This really is stupid....
            This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

post deleted
              Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Isn't the French Fry burglar one of the thieves on Cityville now?

I love the "FOCUS" acronym I'm going to have to borrow that.
                I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

The French Fry Connection? With Popeye Doyle?
                  Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

So what dollar value do you guys think should be the limit before police are involved?

I can't imagine wanting to call the police over a $1 french fry tub but it still begs the question.

Comment

Let's ruin a kid's life, make sure they never get into college, get a job, and probably never graduate...that'll teach 'em for stealing fries!
                      "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                      -Chris Rock

Comment

Can I be a cop if I stole french fries in high school? could be a first for the ask a cop section.
                        "Good people sleep well in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to commit acts of violence on their behalf."

Comment

Originally posted by dvtny2 View Post
                          can i be a cop if i stole french fries in high school? Could be a first for the ask a cop section.
                          rofl.
                          There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
                          http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

UPDATE

Mom Says 'Call Police' In School French Fry Theft

OMAHA, Neb. -- When asked how a mother wanted school officials to handle a student's French fry theft, the mother replied, "call police."

The incident happened at Millard South High School in Omaha. School officials told police the student stole the French fries from the cafeteria.

The mother of the girl charged in the case said her daughter had no criminal issues until last week when she was caught shoplifting from an Omaha K-Mart store. The mother said she talked to the daughter about the incident, but then two days later high school officials called her to say her daughter had taken the French fries.

The mother said school officials called her and asked her how they should handle the situation. Mom told them to call police.

The mother praised the staff for working with her daughter's "emotional issues" this year.

"It's not what she took, but that she took something," said the mother. The ticket was to teach, there are "consequences to behaviors."
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

This is the fault of too much regulation of what kind of punishment the schools can dish out. Fifty years ago, if you stole food from the cafeteria, you'd probably get dragged into the principals office, get paddled raw, sent home, then get your already red *** beaten even worse by your parents. Then you'd get detention for the rest of the week and write "I will not steal from the cafeteria" about a hundred times, in addition to some other punishment your parents doled out (probably some kind of community service). You'd probably never steal again, and at the same time, you wouldn't have a criminal record, and would go on to mature into a productive member of society.
                              "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                              -Chris Rock

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4886 users online. 164 members and 4722 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X