X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: ATL cop arrests female IHOP patron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pw-bEwEUvI

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/vide...an-926236.html

"An off-duty Atlanta police officer got into a scuffle with a woman and punched her in the face, and the early morning incident at an IHOP was captured on video, the Atlanta Police Department confirmed."

Looks like a classic case of "mess with the bull, get the horns". She physically resisted, possibly scratching at his face. He tried a slap and when she swung back, he escalated to a punch to the dome and a take down. Good stuff.

Was relieved to see he had some backup, because these days you never know how the gathering crowd might react to the cop doing something they have been trained to think is "omg unfathomable" like punching a female, despite its necessity.

Updated: Alternate angles, thanks to Phouse70:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9zwfYsSro4
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9shJZCnPr9s
    Last edited by w8ing2hear; 04-27-2011, 06:42 PM.
    Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Question, if an officer is off-duty and she hits him as she did, what are the charges verses on-duty?
    The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Good arrest and use of force in my opinion...not sure if they were actually after her, but from what I saw there was assault on an officer and possible obstruction. Wonder what kind of pancakes she ordered?...haha

Comment

Not sure about Georgia law but in Arizona if he wasn't in uniform (I didn't watch the video) it would only be a misdemeanor due to the fact that she wouldn't know he's an Officer....if he was in uniform it would be a felony

Comment

Originally posted by eyesopen View Post
          Question, if an officer is off-duty and she hits him as she did, what are the charges verses on-duty?
          Most states have laws that either require the subject to knowingly assault an officer (being as they were in uniform, that's enough for the knowingly), or that the subject assaulted the officers in the performance of their duties (affecting an arrest is the performance of their duties). Lots of states don't distinguish between on and off duty, because law enforcement is a 24/7 career.

Comment

Those girls get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy... what did she think was going to happen when she started grabbing on that officer?
            R.I.P. #2083, You will never be forgotten.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matt. 5:9

Inmates seem really into counting the number of officers it took to take them down. If only their love of math had blossomed earlier.

Comment

I just had a super trooper flashback...haha

Comment

Originally posted by w8ing2hear View Post

Per the AJC:
                "An off-duty Atlanta police officer..."
                Originally posted by eyesopen View Post
                If this officer was off duty, he was still in uniform so the felony should apply.

Some vitriolic comments on youtube. I wish that was grounds for a subpeona and a visit to the interwebz-bravado punk talking about raping the 'pig's wife and shooting him.
                Last edited by DeputyDuc; 04-27-2011, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by usamarshal View Post
                  I just had a super trooper flashback...haha
                  Sit down rando...:::hits him in the head with another empty maple syrup bottle:::
                  If you're going through hell, keep going- Churchill

Comment

1) I don't think she is wearing any undies................Just tossing that out there.............

2) The Officer might have been off duty, but he was in full uniform, so she knew he was an officer. I personaly think the officer was not excessive, he use that which was nesacary to gain control of the situation and subject.

3) I don't think she was wearing undies............
                    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

It's a no win for us. He hit her and everyone cries "police brutality" even though most of them couldn't spell it. If he doesn't hit her and she beats him down or hits another patron then it's "why didn't that stupid cop do something".

Just gotta block out the idiots. They'll always be there and they'll always hate us. Not a damn thing we can do about it.

Comment

The scuffle happened during the early morning hours on Easter Sunday, police said.

An officer is seen in the video punching a woman in the face after she struck him. The two had also exchanged words.

Young interviewed one of the women seen in the video. She said a group of friends went to get coffee at the IHOP and that a man asked them to be quiet. The woman said the man never identified himself as an officer.She said the scuffle escalated when one of her associates told the officer that he was being recorded.

"He attacked her ... he literally attacked her," the woman said.

The video, which was posted online, shows about a dozen people watching from a short distance.

The woman told Young she spent more than 24 hours in jail.
                        How do you not know that he's a cop? Are you blind?? He's in full uniform.

The girls were probably drunk to begin with. That Ihop is literally directly across from 5-6 bars. So I'm sure alcohol played a part in it.

Comment

I love videos like this.

*Police Officer defends self from obvious attack.*
                          *Crowd of onlookers go insane.*

WHY YOU DO THAT?!
                          THAT'S TERRIBLE.
                          POLICE BRUTALITY!!!!!!!!

God forbid anyone defends themselves anymore, let alone a fully uniformed officer being struck in the head at random.

Comment

1) I don't think she is wearing any undies................Just tossing that out there.............
                            lol! Looks like her philosophy on fighting and underwear are the same... Go commando first, ask questions later...
                            R.I.P. #2083, You will never be forgotten.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matt. 5:9

Inmates seem really into counting the number of officers it took to take them down. If only their love of math had blossomed earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by the article
                              "He attacked her ... he literally attacked her," the woman said.
                              As opposed to, you know, figuratively, rhetorically, or theoretically.
                              Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3653 users online. 228 members and 3425 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X