300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you give tickets to Red Light Runners

At the 43 second part a car almost ran over a group of people but they saw the car and were able to move out of the way, the one after that a person walking got taken out by a the car that was hit. This is great add for red light running.

It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Stomach knotted up at 43 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by hilhil45 View Post
      Thank God those kids were paying attention.

Comment

That music didn't help at all did it...
        This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

I hammer red light runners, but I think traffic cameras are complete bullcrap. No city has ever put them in for "safety", one larger city in Missouri is in hot water because they said they were disappointed in the revenue generated.

Comment

Originally posted by hilhil45 View Post
            The 50 second mark was pretty horrific too. That pedestrian did not get out of the way like the kids did.
            "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Originally posted by Badgerland View Post
              The 50 second mark was pretty horrific too. That pedestrian did not get out of the way like the kids did.
              My sympathy for that pedestrian is tempered by the fact that he was apparently jaywalking.

Comment

I think that if you run a light and injure someone it should be some kind of criminal negligence charge. There should be much more serious consequences to driving with your head up your rear.

Comment

Cell phones! That has to be the main cause.
                  It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
                    I hammer red light runners, but I think traffic cameras are complete bullcrap. No city has ever put them in for "safety", one larger city in Missouri is in hot water because they said they were disappointed in the revenue generated.
                    I've seen numerous reports of cities being disappointed with revenue, faulty cameras, reports of accident rates going up because people slam the brakes on a yellow because they are afraid of a camera ticket, etc. A camera isn't going to stop an idiot on a cell phone even if he knows the camera is there.... because he's not paying attention!
                    The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
                      Originally posted by eyesopen View Post
                      I've seen numerous reports of cities being disappointed with revenue, faulty cameras, reports of accident rates going up because people slam the brakes on a yellow because they are afraid of a camera ticket, etc. A camera isn't going to stop an idiot on a cell phone even if he knows the camera is there.... because he's not paying attention!
                      10 seconds in, with no further knowledge, I knew this was part of a "Lets get red light cameras" pitch. Bet if you dig into the group that paid for that ad, you will find a camera system vendor paid for it, lock stock and barrel. As noted by the two posters above me, these things are moneymakers, first and foremost. And the benefits only shine in studies paid for by the camera vendors. When you look at independant ones, its not so clearcut. In a few cases, indepenat researchers have torn up paid for studies, pointing out the flaws in them, only to get attacked by whatever group did the original study.

Dont mistake me, red light running is a serious problem, with tragic results. But cmaeras dont solve it, or even make it better. You want reduce red light running? Increase the yellow by 1 second at any intersection with a problem. Texas found a %40 reduction in accidents, with no corresponding increase in rear end collisons.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/04/430.asp

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
                        That music didn't help at all did it...
                        Gotta love Beethoven!

The person who almost hit the kids at 00:43 was also speeding from the looks of things.

I hope they were forced to watch that video over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by GLHS837 View Post
                          10 seconds in, with no further knowledge, I knew this was part of a "Lets get red light cameras" pitch. Bet if you dig into the group that paid for that ad, you will find a camera system vendor paid for it, lock stock and barrel. As noted by the two posters above me, these things are moneymakers, first and foremost. And the benefits only shine in studies paid for by the camera vendors. When you look at independant ones, its not so clearcut. In a few cases, indepenat researchers have torn up paid for studies, pointing out the flaws in them, only to get attacked by whatever group did the original study.

Dont mistake me, red light running is a serious problem, with tragic results. But cmaeras dont solve it, or even make it better. You want reduce red light running? Increase the yellow by 1 second at any intersection with a problem. Texas found a %40 reduction in accidents, with no corresponding increase in rear end collisons.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/04/430.asp
                          OR how about delay turning the other light green...I've noticed some municipalities do that now - makes a LOT of sense...delay any traffic movement for a second or two...
                          Originally posted by RSGSRT
                          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

The ONLY problem I have with "red-light cameras" is that they are, or used to be, only "snapshots" and NOT continuous video. There would NOT be the rear-end collisions if people just maintained a proper following distance, paid proper attention to the traffic conditions and drove like they were ALWAYS trying to pass their drivers licence test.
                            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                            "Smile" - no!

Comment

Heres the folks behind that video.....

http://www.trafficsafetycoalition.com/

They claim to be...

The Traffic Safety Coalition is a not-for-profit grassroots organization comprised of concerned citizens, traffic safety experts, law enforcement, public officials, victim's advocates, health care professionals and industry leaders
                              Cant find much info so far, but I'll let you know what I find out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3224 users online. 152 members and 3072 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X