300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eugene Police officer shot and possibly killed

LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- A Eugene police officer was shot and killed during a chase that ensued after a traffic stop on Highway 126. Investigators say the officer -- whose name has not been released -- tried to pull over a woman in a red car, but she took off. When the officer pursued her car, she allegedly shot at him, leading him to crash his motorcycle.

EPD has not confirmed the officer's condition, but we have heard from multiple sources that he passed away. Eugene City Councilor Mike Clark posted tonight on Facebook that "The officer who passed tonight was a friend of mine. He was a gentle man and a kind soul. A dedicated public servant with a heart filled with concern for others. Our community has lost a warrior for good. We are all poorer for his passing - but richer to have known him. I am very sad tonight - but honored to have called him friend."

The woman suspected of the shooting then led law enforecement officer from the Lane County Sheriff's Office, Oregon State Police and Eugene Police on a high-speed chase from Highway 126 to Jasper-Lowell Road. The chase eventually ended up on Highway 58 before the driver headed up a Forest Service road, nicknamed "Tire Mountain Road" by locals.

For hours, SWAT teams, a helicopter and K-9 units worked to get the driver out of the car. She eventually gave herself up around 8:00 p.m. The driver hasn't been identified yet.

The Springfield Police Department will hold a press conference later tonight to provide more details about what happened. We'll have the latest on KEZI 9 News at 11.
    http://kezi.com/page/210536
    He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
    shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

The officer has died.
    http://www.kval.com/news/local/120520979.html
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Another one? My gosh............................ Rest in Peace Officer.

Perp should be tried and if found guilty, should be put to death in most horrific manner for killing another human being.

Comment

Officer Down Memorial:

Officer Chris Kilcullen

RIP Officer. Serve with St Michael and watch over your brethren.
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

RIP Officer Kilcullen.
          sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
          I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4130 users online. 268 members and 3862 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X