X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• itnstalln
    replied
    Originally posted by Beanstick View Post
    Good Samaritan. I doubt you would get in any trouble. The law allows for any citizen to use up to but not more than reasonable force to defend yourself or any person from serious bodily harm. The key is that while you are trying to stop the attack and if they turn to attack you, you can use whatever force necessary to stop the attack as mentioned earlier. That goes for you defending another person. As a cop it would never cross my mind to arrest or cite any good samaritan given these circumstances.
    Originally posted by Beanstick View Post
    Where is street justice when you need it ?
    Being arrested would one reason. Something I personally would be at least a little worried about, be it justified or not. It would seem the right or wrong actions in a situation would be determined by which officer happened to respond. I say this because two very different officers could have different views coming down on either side of legal.

Leave a comment:

• Justsaying
    replied
    I hope they put her away for a long time. She is a nasty evil person and the court needs to make an example out this, this should not be tolerated at all.

I don't understand transgendered people or what makes them feel this way but I don't care who people sleep with, how they dress and what sex they think they are, unless it's the man I am with. I also have no tolerance for people that harm, transgendered or gay people. If people don't like what they are doing fine, you don't have to accept them but don't harm them. This man/woman was not hurting anyone, I feel bad for him/her.

Leave a comment:

• John0397
    replied
    http://www.wbaltv.com/r/28762448/detail.html

Well at least she pled guilty. Hopefully the judge will be firm with sentencing this female thug.

Leave a comment:

• willbird
    replied
    Originally posted by ComicGuy View Post
    What makes you think that the victim is a homosexual male?
    Most transvestite/transsexual/trans-gendered persons are not gay.

And the DA better side with the victim, whatever the political situation; that's their job.
    The traditional definition of homosexual is a man who is sexually attracted to other men. That person even after surgical alteration is STILL a man, sexually interested in other men.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• usamarshal
    replied
    Good god....wonder what the states ccw laws are because this girl/guy needs one. Love how nobody was helping out.

Leave a comment:

• Phouse70
    replied
    Originally posted by crass cop View Post
    I remember your original post:
    This situation was a little different, (if Im remembering your situation correctly)..this he/she got her/his *** beat down several times, over and over in a very brutal manner.....I doubt there would be reprecussions if someone stepped in and stopped it. Your situation was one where the 2 chicks were roommates or something and the "victim" refused prosecution, right?

It was pretty clear that these 2 thugs didnt know this white man/woman and the beatings continued...Im sure you would be okay if you stepped in and held someone down for da po-leece, however Leroy videoing the event seemed to know the suspects and may have actually intervened then.

Im still proud for what you did....roommate prosecuting or not
    Yes, you're right, they really are totally different. You remembered correctly---good memory! I, for one, would have probably wanted to have stepped in here. I couldn't not help... like I said in my post you are referencing... how can people stand by and watch a completely unfair beat down, where its as brutal as this? But like you said, the cameraman probably wanted the footage.

Thanks for the kind words. I do appreciate them.

Leave a comment:

• jason860
    replied
    Originally posted by crass cop View Post
    This situation was a little different, (if Im remembering your situation correctly)..this he/she got her/his *** beat down several times, over and over in a very brutal manner.....I doubt there would be reprecussions if someone stepped in and stopped it. Your situation was one where the 2 chicks were roommates or something and the "victim" refused prosecution, right?

It was pretty clear that these 2 thugs didnt know this white man/woman and the beatings continued...Im sure you would be okay if you stepped in and held someone down for da po-leece, however Leroy videoing the event seemed to know the suspects and may have actually intervened then.

Well, I appreciate your take as a LEO on the situation. That is why I posted the thread about the Good Samaritan being stomped to death. I myself, intervened in a situation of a man beating woman and was swung at by the attacker. Luckily, there were people present and after I got a couple punches in they were able to restrain him until the police arrived. As you stated, I was not charged and thanked by the bystanders and police. It was because I tried verbally, to stop the attack and he came at me. I would of loved to hit him on the chin as soon I saw him punch her with full force. But, with lawsuits and everything else, he got into a fight that I was more than willing to fight. But, again if you step in and do not get lucky to have the first landed punch, you can end up like the story I posted. That is why, I know I am not god or superman and to intervene can be fatal.
    Last edited by jason860; 04-26-2011, 09:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    Originally posted by Phouse70 View Post
    For any of you who are angered that nobody stepped in.

I was once in the same situation on the Broad Street Subway here in Philadelphia. A girl jumped another girl from behind and started beating her.

I walked over, grabbed her, and put the attacker face down on the floor, put an arm lock on her and held her down (I weigh 205lbs... no way this girl was going to move me). After conferring with the victim, checking for injuries, etc, I separated the two parties and let them on their way (I gave the attacker a stern warning and instructions to GTFO of the subway).

However, moments later, I realized what I had done.

One- that girl couldve easily had a gun and popped me right there. I just threw my life away for what... one hood rat attacking another? I'm a civilian. I really don't have any legal obligation to anybody on that platform. I should have called the police and left it at that.

Two- I opened myself to a sh*tload of litigation. If I hurt the girl, I'm going to get sued mercilessly by her ambulance chasing lawyer. Even if I win I'll have a mountain of bills to climb. Thats society for you. Step in to stop one person from beating another to death and you get sued. Classy.

So before you call out any of the employees, think about it. How often do employees get fired for stopping a shoplifter? Is it worth their job? Probably not to them.

All of that said, they should have called the police within the first seconds of the attack.

Leave a comment:

• Stpn2me
    replied
    Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
    He was a Man. Stop calling him a woman, he got a beat down.

As to why the man who made the film did not intervene, well this is what happens when you intervene.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23075797/
    After looking at this video, are people in London allowed to have weapons? Did anyone notice how the people were terrified and wouldnt even give their names? Wonder how this would have turned out if the man who was killed was armed?

Leave a comment:

• Phouse70
    replied
    For any of you who are angered that nobody stepped in.

I was once in the same situation on the Broad Street Subway here in Philadelphia. A girl jumped another girl from behind and started beating her.

I walked over, grabbed her, and put the attacker face down on the floor, put an arm lock on her and held her down (I weigh 205lbs... no way this girl was going to move me). After conferring with the victim, checking for injuries, etc, I separated the two parties and let them on their way (I gave the attacker a stern warning and instructions to GTFO of the subway).

However, moments later, I realized what I had done.

One- that girl couldve easily had a gun and popped me right there. I just threw my life away for what... one hood rat attacking another? I'm a civilian. I really don't have any legal obligation to anybody on that platform. I should have called the police and left it at that.

Two- I opened myself to a sh*tload of litigation. If I hurt the girl, I'm going to get sued mercilessly by her ambulance chasing lawyer. Even if I win I'll have a mountain of bills to climb. Thats society for you. Step in to stop one person from beating another to death and you get sued. Classy.

So before you call out any of the employees, think about it. How often do employees get fired for stopping a shoplifter? Is it worth their job? Probably not to them.

All of that said, they should have called the police within the first seconds of the attack.
    Last edited by Phouse70; 04-26-2011, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
    He was a Man. Stop calling him a woman...
    I agree with that and think it's a big part of the problem.

No, he didn't deserve it and the thugs need to do some correctional time but when society pretends anything can be whatever we want were are asking for problems. Males and females cannot swap genders, only appearances. The medical profession needs to quit going along with the lie. I can see hormone/alterations for hermaphrodites but that should be done early on.

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    replied
    He was a Man. Stop calling him a woman, he got a beat down.

As to why the man who made the film did not intervene, well this is what happens when you intervene.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23075797/

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    ^^^^along the same [email protected]
    When i worked at the Hyatt Regency in KCMO, we were told that if someone is choking or in need of CPR, DONT TOUCH THEM! I recall asking if I was to just watch them die and was told some a-hole sued awhile back due to cracked ribs or something to that assinine affect, so dont touch them. This is the same place that would throw out TONS of perfectly good food instead of taking it to the homeless shelter because if someone gets sick, they get sued.

However, the McDs folks on video appear to just have the "I dont wanna get involved wit it" attitude, especially since Mr. "yo, yo..." appeared to know them

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
    There is only one thing I have to say, stop doing video with the blasted phone, use it to call 911 and break up the fight. That was more than one thing, huh? Oh well, you all know what I mean.
    I'm sure they already called the cops...The video is going to put these girls away for a long time, hopefully, with this system you never know...I can't believe an old lady stepped up and tried to break it up...

As far as McDonalds firing the guy, they're just trying to cut their ties from everyone involved...

I won't be surprised if this story gets another twist and it's about a guy, and not about a transgender man using the women's bathroom...

Leave a comment:

• TimK
    replied
    Once upon a time I was in the position of the onlooker.

This was when I was working at a pawn shop, and a thief came in to pawn a stolen drill. As we were turning him down -- he had no batteries nor charger for the cheap black and decker drill -- the owner came in. The thief had apparently stolen this on the street moments before and walked in to pawn it, bold as day.

A fight ensued in which the thief was trying to escape the apparent owner's grasp. The owner was trying to kick the crap out of the thief. We called the cops when it was a couple blows and the thief looked to be nearing his escape, but then the owner got the thief in a choke hold. As a restraint or as a form of vengeance, I don't care, since I wasn't going to stand by and let a guy get killed in my shop. I broke up the fight and let the thief escape.

In that situation, I had two hostile parties. Even if I'd wanted to hold the thief, there was no way to do so without allowing the owner to throw sucker punches. The drill was worth, at best, $30 new. To us in the resale business it was completely without worth. So the thief would get away with a slap on the wrist regardless, and the violent means by which the owner sought detention would likely land him in more trouble than the thief in the first place. It's a no-win for anyone involved.

In the aftermath I spent time talking to various people at corporate. The immediate message to me was 'never get involved in a confrontation.' I communicated that I had held back until there was a potentially life-threatening situation, at which I attempted to de-escalate by breaking up the fight and letting the thief leave the store. I also asked what the conversation would sound like had we all stood by and watched a man choke another into a serious injury or death while waiting for the police. I wound up writing an incident report and received no written reprimand.
    Last edited by TimK; 04-24-2011, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2432 users online. 137 members and 2295 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X