300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widow wants gold from Ark. police after shootout

Funny how she calls herself a widow, she claims common law marriage after only knowing Jerry Kane for 3 months not to mention she wants gold at $38 per troy ounce.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/widow-wants...225917919.html

A Florida woman whose anti-government husband and stepson died last year in a shootout with Arkansas police officers says her loved ones suffered "torture killings" and wants authorities to pay her restitution in the form of gold, according to a lawsuit.

Jerry Kane, 45, and his son, Joseph, 16, died in West Memphis last May after the teen fatally shot two police officers near a highway exit ramp. Video from a dashboard camera of a police SUV showed the teen firing an AK-47 at the officers during a traffic stop before he and his father got back into their van and drove away, leaving the officers for dead. The two were killed about 90 minutes later in a shootout with authorities at a Walmart parking lot.

The elder Kane, who lived in Ohio, considered himself a sovereign citizen, part of a group of U.S. residents who declare themselves above federal and state laws and sometimes don't recognize the court system.

His widow, Donna Lee Wray-Kane, filed the lawsuit Tuesday seeking damages for their deaths. In the suit, she specifies how the money should be paid: "gold at $38 dollars per troy ounce." Sovereign citizens believe the nation went bankrupt when it abandoned the gold standard.

Wray-Kane, who has denied that her husband and stepson were sovereign citizens, alleges that their civil rights were violated and that their deaths were "torture killings." In her suit filed in the Middle District of Florida, she cites the "Constitutions of Florida and Arkansas and for the united states of America" and ticks off numbers of sections and clauses, including one that deals with piracies and felonies committed on the high seas.

A federal judge in Tampa, Fla., said Wednesday the lawsuit lacks any facts to back up her claim and threatened to throw it out if she doesn't say why she's entitled to damages by May 2.

"Her complaint is nothing more than a nonsensical recitation of various state and federal constitutional articles and amendments, federal statutory laws, and international treaties," Judge Richard A. L***ara wrote, adding that police departments are not legal entities capable of being sued.

Wray-Kane did not immediately return a message left Thursday at the phone number listed on the court filing.

The suit didn't come as a surprise to West Memphis Police Chief Bob Paudert, whose son, Sgt. Brandon Paudert, 39, died along with Officer Bill Evans, 38, after Evans stopped the Kanes for an apparent traffic violation. Since the shootout last May, Paudert said Kane's widow and one of his daughters have tried to contact him, but he hasn't responded.

"We lost so much when we lost Bill and Brandon," Paudert said. "I thought of all the people going to file a suit, it should be us."

Last week, a patrolman in nearby Trumann died in a shootout following a traffic stop some 40 miles northwest of West Memphis. The suspected gunman, Jerry Lard, 37, of Trumann, was hospitalized under police guard after he allegedly shot and killed Officer Jonathan Schmidt and shot at, but didn't wound another officer. Lard appeared before a judge this week and is being held without bond until his next court appearance.

Lard faces charges of capital murder, attempted capital murder, being a felon in possession of a firearm, possession of methamphetamine and an unrelated rape charge. William Howard, the public defender who represented Lard in court this week, did not return a message.

Here is a link to the her lawsuit in pdf form. http://groups.google.com/group/lawme...ase.pdf?part=4
    Be courteous, Be professional, Have a plan to kill everyone you meet

I hope the respondents do not give in to save trial fees and pay her off. That would be a travesty of justice and a slap in the face of the dead officers. The father and son got exactly what they deserved. She is as looney as her live (dead) - in old man!

Just a reminder of what transpired:

Arkansas Shootout
    Last edited by SgtCHP; 04-22-2011, 06:19 PM.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

She should be tortured, just to make sure she knows what shes talking about. Widow huh? Letting some potbellied redneck shlup you for 3 months doesnt make you his wife. she should be picked apart by an Ak just like her 'husband' did when he ambushed these officers.

+infinity to the father/chief that said he should be the one suing....I wish these families would (sue) but 9/10 times these loser scumbags dont have anything worth taking (to include their life).
      Originally posted by crass cop
      Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
        I hope the respondents do not give in to save trial fees and pay her off. That would be a travesty of justice and a slap in the face of the dead officers. The father and son got exactly what they deserved. She is as looney as her live (dead) - in old man!

Just a reminder of what transpired:

Arkansas Shootout

No way this will get settled, I will get thrown out of court pretty fast in my opinion.
        Be courteous, Be professional, Have a plan to kill everyone you meet

Comment

Phuk her and her dead "husband and step son"
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I'll give her a gold mold of my finger.
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

She is just another POS that needs to be exterminated from society.....
              Retired LASD

Comment

Hitting on the last part of that article, since we all have the same feelings on the first part. There was a BOLO at the department today (we are about an hour or so from Trumann) saying to keep an eye out for Lard's cousin. His cousin has obviously been running his mouth with threats, saying he will seek his cousin's (lard) revenge, and that he shouldve gotten both officers instead of just the one. His cousin continues to say that he will finish the job if/when he gets pulled over again by doing the same thing his cousin (Jerry Lard) did.

Comment

Hey you stupid bish. We'd like to put two in the head of your "husband" and "stepson", but we don't always get what we want, now do we?
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3129 users online. 207 members and 2922 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X