300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska Sets First Execution In 13 Years

Nebraska Sets First Execution In 13 Years - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines
    LINCOLN, Neb. -- The Nebraska Supreme Court has set a date for the first execution in more than 13 years, reported KETV on Thursday.
    KETV

The court set the date of Carey Dean Moore's execution for June 14.

If the execution is carried out, Moore, who was sentenced to die 30 years ago, will be the first in the state to receive a lethal injection.

The 53-year-old Moore was sentenced to death for the 1979 murders of two Omaha cabbies. He was convicted of first-degree murder for killing Maynard Helgeland and Reuel Eugene Van Ness in botched robberies.

Moore, who came within a week of being executed in Nebraska's electric chair in 2007, had been appealing the sentence.

A court ruling in 2008 declared the electric chair cruel and unusual punishment and the Nebraska Legislature approved lethal injection to replace it in 2009.

Eleven other inmates are currently on death row in Nebraska.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Your time is runnin' out!
    sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
    I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

About time to man up you corn fed freaks. Get 'er dun'.

Comment

Cruel and unusual? Nah; not for a murderer.

Lethal injection is something you do when you have to put down a loving, loyal faithful family pet (cat or dog) at the end of its lifetime. Pets are euthanized or 'put to sleep' to end suffering as humanely as possible - not to punish them.

Convicted murderers who deliberately killed someone (as in this thug's case) are not even good enough to be put to sleep the same way as a pet. Fry them with Old Sparky -- or, better yet, let them die in the same manner as their victims. Firing squad? Hanging? Fall to their death, perhaps? Poison? Death by sword for those who stabbed someone?

Maybe it is good that I am not a judge.

P.S. Thirty years later? Wow! Talk about justice delayed being justice denied. Jeepers!!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4792 users online. 162 members and 4630 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X