Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community support in your town/city like this?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community support in your town/city like this?

So I get this contact below from a local news paper writer. Short back story: I worked with a regional team on preparing them for the CT SWAT Challenge 2008-2009. The range used has a small private area not open to the public for them, and it's on the edge of the range property. The town (due to complaints apparently) wants to take away and or limit their access for training there.

We met once per week from morning 'till mid afternoon for 12 weeks up to the competition, and they use the range perhaps once per month for an afternoon (at most) for their regular training.

BTW, this is the second range I know of this has happened to them. Below is email from said reporter, with my response. Is this the type of community support you all get??!!

Hi Will

I write a local news site in Groton MA, www.thegrotonline.com .

I'm working on a story about the town limiting access to the town PD firing range due to noise complaints by neighbors. As you probably know, this range is used by NEMLEC for training.

Because you've worked with them, I wanted to contact you to see if any of your current videos or any outtakes include footage from the XXXX range.

I'd like to use them to help illustrate the story. And I can't shoot my own
    because the range is still closed for the winter, so there's nothing going on.

Hope to hear from you soon. My email is [email protected] or you can call
    978 XXX XXXX

Cheers,
    Art XXXXXXX

My response:

Art, pretty much all the training vids on my YT page are from that range:

www.youtube.com/SWATFITNESSTRAINING

That range was invaluable to their training, and continues to be as far as I
    know.

People want well trained law officers, but don't want them to train? I can't
    speak for you, but if something awful happens in my twon, I want the the best trained people showing up to deal with it.

The NEMLEC SWAT team is doing their part to train and protect people from
    harm. Is it too much to ask for the community to make (at best) minor
    sacrifices for them?

The life they save may be yours or mine!

My number is 508 XXX XXXX

Feel free to call to discuss.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 04-21-2011, 09:08 AM.
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Here "Where we don't need no stinkin' permits," local ranchers often donate land for police ranges and in fact, donate the labor and heavy equipment to build them; sometimes even providing refurbished outbuildings.

We dig guns here.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
      Here "Where we don't need no stinkin' permits," local ranchers often donate land for police ranges and in fact, donate the labor and heavy equipment to build them; sometimes even providing refurbished outbuildings.

We dig guns here.
      If I had a bunch of land, I would have no issues with LE and or EMS using a section of it for their training.
      - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
        If I had a bunch of land, I would have no issues with LE and or EMS using a section of it for their training.
        Heck, it's one of my goals to get a bunch of land that I can shoot on myself.
        There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
        http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3605 users online. 193 members and 3412 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X