Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step-father shoots teen having sex with his daughter

http://www.thegrio.com/news/stepfath...h-daughter.php

He shot the kid 4 times. Did he go overboard?

An Apopka, Florida teenager was shot four times after he was caught having sex with the shooter's daughter, police said.

Officials said the 16-year-old girl's stepfather walked into the girl's bedroom and saw her having sex with her boyfriend. That's when Wade Edwards closed the door to load a gun and then fired at the boy, police said.

"The stepfather walked up, brandished the handgun in a threatening manner and opened fire," a police officer said.

The boy, 18-year-old Julian Harp, limped out to the front yard and called 911. Police said Edwards also called 911 and confessed to the shooting.

Investigators said it was one of the most severe crimes of passion that they've worked.

"In 13 years, I've never heard anything like this happening in this area," one investigator said.

Neighbors said Edwards may have "overreacted" but said they understood that he wanted to protect his daughter.

"It's a sad story, but I would do anything to protect my daughter," said neighbor Sean Gibbons.

Harp was in the hospital Thursday night recovering from the gunshot wounds, police said.

Protect his step-daughter who is having sex on her own choice eh.. Sounds like a problem with parenting in the first place.
    Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

I think that is a bit overboard.

He also obviously needs range time.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

He also obviously needs range time.

LOL

Comment

There is protecting your daughter, but then there is ruining your life and making her's much harder socially and emotionally.
          Life is what you make of it

Comment

There is already case law on situations like this and I believe it doesn't work out well for the father.

Comment

Didn't we read this a few months back?
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Wonder if he was still 'mounted' when he was shot. So what punishment did the daughter get?
                Originally posted by crass cop
                Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

It looks like the judge dismissed the charges because the shooter claimed he thought his daughter was being attacked. Sounds like he got a freebie from the judge considering this:

"“I thought it looked like something was going on like having sex, my daughter getting raped or killed or something like that,” he said."

Here's the whole story:
                  http://www.wftv.com/news/23152219/detail.html

Man Who Shot Stepdaughter's Boyfriend Gets Immunity
                  Posted: 4:46 pm EDT April 14, 2010
                  Updated: 9:14 pm EDT April 14, 2010

APOPKA, Fla. -- An Apopka man who shot his stepdaughter's boyfriend got immunity from prosecution. The defense argued Wednesday afternoon, that Wade Edwards should never have been charged for shooting the young man after he caught him having sex with his stepdaughter.
                  WFTV reporter Melonie Holt was in court Wednesday when both Edwards and his stepdaughter testified. According to prosecutors, Edwards acted out of anger. But the Apopka dad has maintained that he acted in defense of his home.
                  After court, Edwards told WFTV he was glad it is over.
                  Wednesday afternoon, 41-year-old Wade Edwards took the stand to avoid a trial. The Apopka father was charged with second-degree attempted murder, attempted manslaughter and aggravated battery for shooting his 16-year-old stepdaughter's love interest.
                  In October of 2009, Edwards heard a noise, entered his stepdaughter’s bedroom and witnessed what he thought was an assault. He returned with a gun.
                  “I was trying to defend my daughter and my home,” Edwards told WFTV.
                  Edwards testified that when he shot Julian Harp, he had no idea the teen had been invited by his daughter.
                  “I thought it looked like something was going on like having sex, my daughter getting raped or killed or something like that,” he said.
                  Edwards interrupted a lover's tryst. According to investigators, Julian Harp was hit in the lower back, buttocks and twice in his left leg.
                  Edward's stepdaughter took the stand in her stepdad's defense.
                  “Was the only look you saw on his face fear?” stepdaughter Shaquan Galloway was asked in court.
                  “Yes,” she answered.
                  “The victim was leaving as Mr. Edwards started shooting. So, it's not the fact that he shot the man in his house, it's why he shot him,” Assistant State Attorney Nicole Pegues said.
                  Edwards admitted to struggling with the shooting.
                  "Have you never shot anybody before?" Defense Attorney Peter Zies said.
                  "I never had to shoot anybody before this," Edwards replied.
                  "Was it something that upset you a great deal having to do what happened?” Zies asked.
                  "Still does," he answered.
                  Late Wednesday afternoon, Judge Tim Shea sided with Edwards effectively ending the prosecution.

Comment

Wow. Was there a by the judge here, do you think?
                    There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
                    http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CrashBandicoot View Post
                      It looks like the judge dismissed the charges because the shooter claimed he thought his daughter was being attacked. Sounds like he got a freebie from the judge considering this:

"“I thought it looked like something was going on like having sex, my daughter getting raped or killed or something like that,” he said."
                      He still needs some range time-------------------4 shots at point blank range all entering the legs and pelvis area!!!!!!!!!!
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Wow, seriously... charges dismissed on that? That's bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOhio View Post
                          Protect his step-daughter who is having sex on her own choice eh.. Sounds like a problem with parenting in the first place.
                          At 16? No, not a problem with parenting, necessarily. Mine was just fine, but we don't always reflect our upbringing, you know.
                          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Wow, seriously... charges dismissed on that? That's bull****.

Grow old enough to have a teen aged daughter kid, and then you will understand..

Comment

Originally posted by Unistat View Post
                              Wow. Was there a by the judge here, do you think?

How would the DA prove otherwise? Particularly if the girl wasn't going to testify.
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3868 users online. 250 members and 3618 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X