X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun goes off in Tx school lunch room, 3 injured

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/19/tex...iref=allsearch
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Its sickening to think that a 6 year old could have access to a handgun like that. Its even more sickening to then realize the gun had a bullet in the chamber and no safety on. That kids parents better atleast be charged with child endangerment.
    Pennsylvania ACT 120 Police Academy

Comment

The article doesn't say what kind of gun it was.

Guns that can go off on hitting the floor are uncommon these days.

I think there's probably more to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
        Guns that can go off on hitting the floor are uncommon these days.
        I caught that too, but 'only Certain News Network' doesn't think like normal people.
        Originally posted by Ceridwen
        Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

What are you willing to bet that Eddie Eagle never made a visit to that school ?
          Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

A gun doesn't just "go off" and the report didn't say as much.

At a time when kids get expelled for making a gun like motion with their fingers, how was a real gun able to get on campus?

After raising 2 kids with firearms in the house, being a child of parents who had firearms in the house, who were also children with firearms in my grandparents' houses... there is no excuse for failing to teach your youngsters that these aren't toys and to secure them when not in direct control of them (the firearms... but probably the kids too).

Comment

That's just crazy. Always always use a holster you stoopid kid.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                That's just crazy. Always always use a holster you stoopid kid.
                Even though this is a serious issue, I couldn't help but laugh at this.

Comment

This is why kids should only carry Glocks. It wouldn’t have gone off when he dropped it.

It's also why gun safety needs to be taught in school (seriously).

Parents who shelter thier kids from guns and keep them in ignorance of them are not protecting them when they see them randomly at school or thier playmate's house when he shows them what daddy keeps under the pillow.

Right? I mean kids are taught what to do if they find a hypodermic needle in the sand box, correct?

I kid that sees a gun outside of adult control is not going to be seeing one of mine, but it doesn't mean they won't see something else.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                  - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                    This is why kids should only carry Glocks. It wouldn’t have gone off when he dropped it.

It's also why gun safety needs to be taught in school (seriously).

Parents who shelter thier kids from guns and keep them in ignorance of them are not protecting them when they see them randomly at school or thier playmate's house when he shows them what daddy keeps under the pillow.

Right? I mean kids are taught what to do if they find a hypodermic needle in the sand box, correct?

I kid that sees a gun outside of adult control is not going to be seeing one of mine, but it doesn't mean they won't see something else.
                    Absolutely.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by Bounce View Post
                      A gun doesn't just "go off" and the report didn't say as much.
                      The report says "A loaded handgun fell out of a student's pocket onto the lunchroom floor and discharged ...". None of my guns will do that. Could it be that the kid lifted the gun from his pocket by the trigger and dropped it when it went off?

Comment

This will be an excuse by Liberals to complain about the amount of guns in Texas. The correct action would be to blame the mother and ask How the Hel- can a 6 year old go to school with a gun?
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

There's no excuse or justification for such a young kid getting his hands on a piece and being able to bring it to school. I hope custody is taken from the parents.

Comment

I still don't believe the 5 year old witness was able to present the story accurately.

She said it was loud, and I believe her about that, and I presume she was trying to be truthful.

I think she turned around at the sound, saw the gun on the floor, and surmised that it had gone off on hitting the floor.

She had probably seen such things on TV, and would not be likely to suppose thet her 6 year old classmate would have deliberately fired, especially not with intent to cause injury.

A guy I used to play pool with back in 1979 used to open carry a black powder revolver in Indiana. He was a mild mannered, courteous, and temperate man. He kept the cylinder 1 round light so there wouldn't be a round in front of the hammer and behind the barrel in the event that he ever accidentally dropped the weapon.

Modern weapons don't go off when they are dropped on the floor.

I think CNN is trying to emphasize the fact that guns are dangerous, and is willing to suggest that they are too dangerous even if properly handled, even though this one was being handled by an unsupervised 6 year old.
                            Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 04-21-2011, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                              I think CNN is trying to emphasize the fact that guns are dangerous, and is willing to suggest that they are too dangerous even if properly handled, even though this one was being handled by an unsupervised 6 year old.
                              known in some circles as lying.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5800 users online. 349 members and 5451 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X