300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio city to toss exam scores to add diversity

Dayton plans to discard test scores of 748 people who passed its recruit exam and instead base hiring on oral interviews
    Associated Press

DAYTON, Ohio — An Ohio city plans to discard test scores of 748 people who passed its police recruit exam and instead base hiring on oral interviews in an effort to improve its minority hiring.

Dayton had to develop new selection procedures as part of a discrimination lawsuit settlement with the Department of Justice in 2009. The federal lawsuit accused Dayton of discriminating against blacks in the hiring of police officers and firefighters.

The Dayton Daily News reports the 30-minute oral exams will consist of five questions. The newspaper says only those who passed the written exam can take the oral exam.

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Dayton's police union president Randy Beane called the change "outrageous" and said the process won't be objective. Beane says the union is checking to see if the change is legal

(Are You Kidding Me????? I am so tired of ths shi- )
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Ah, discrimination made them fail exams, interesting. That actually makes sense, because valuing your own education enough to learn to read, write, and think critically is just not cool anyway. Tests are for losers.

What a joke.

Comment

I think I might move there. When they hire some people who don't know what they're doing, that's one hell of a lawsuit on their hands. I could get rich
      Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

I say make the arses who want to scrap test results take the test. If they can't pass it, they need to find new employment.

Comment

This is why I've an with AA. It lowers standards when they should be just asking the same of everyone. Especially for a job like this. The military doesn't lower standards for minorities.

And this is coming from someone who is black. I just took my exam, not sure what theirs is like, but if it's like the one I took, easy as hell.

Oh wait, it says you had to pass the written exam to take the oral interview. I guess they are saying whether you barely passed or you scored a perfect score it doesn't matter. That's what it like at the pd I applied to.

You pass you pass. The score doesn't matter.
          Last edited by Dellde; 04-19-2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dellde View Post
            It lowers standards when they should be just asking the same of everyone. Especially for a job like this. That's what it like at the pd I applied to. You pass you pass.
            That's what I like about the PD I applied to also - EXACT same standards for everyone - if you're gonna do the job of a cop, you have to pass the standard...why should a female have an easier physical standard than a male (like in Michigan)? Same calls, same criminals. It's not like a criminal is going to go easier on you because of your race or sex...
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Time for a reverse discrimination lawsuit.

Comment

Diversity:

Liberal code word for "Give failures the same job as those who worked for it and passed muster."

Im wondering how all the failures feel about needing the standard lower to let them in. Im sure they dont give a damn because theyre failures. How does it feel for the 'progressives' to hold your hand and tell you that you just werent smart enough to pass so we'll turn the standard into a joke that will allow you to hold a job of great responsibility.

Allowing a bunch of sub standard recruits to be hired isnt worth the satisfaction of saying, "we told you so" when they end up on CNN for criminal activities done on the job.

I hope one of these liberal sacks needs the po-leece one day and one of their officers that was to stupid to pass a basic test shows up.
                Originally posted by crass cop
                Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

At the rate this all is going, soon our stoner shrooming friends from the "Ask a Cop" section ( the "yall, I didz sum weed last week, yall steel gunna hire me right? But I wanned to be an offsa realy bad all my life I swear" guy) will be getting an offer as well. God forbid you have to earn something by working for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
                    Time for a reverse discrimination lawsuit.
                    No such thing. Discrimination is just that, discrimination.

That being said, NJ was sued by the DOJ and they had to completely redo the entire promotional exam because it was " biased and the comprehension level was too high." 2 years later and they still haven't been able to give a Sergeants promotional exam.
                    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Sounds like us...feds came in and said cops don't need to know math........

Comment

Although I disagree with the move, these idiots who would be affected by this move will get weeded out in the background check or the oral interview.
                        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

That doesn't even make sense. A written exam with only a name and no race can be evaluated objectively. In an interview everyone can see the canidate's race and if there was going to be any discrimination that would be the time.

Of course it's only fitting that the "solution" doesn't make sense since the "problem" doesn't make sense.
                          There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
                          http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'll go you one better. Many departments don't even grade you by name. They use the last four of your SSN
                            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Those of us who bust our rumps to get on, study like crazy, pass the test with high scores and generally are MUCH better applicants.........now have to worry about it all meaning nothing cause we aren't a certain color?

Wow, just wow.

One of these days I want to see some one file a REVERSE discrimination lawsuit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3216 users online. 159 members and 3057 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X