• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man watches GF killed while chatting with her online

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04...nto-apartment/

Boyfriend in China Watches Murder of Girlfriend in Toronto Online

Published April 19, 2011

| FoxNews.com

A boyfriend living in China witnessed the murder of his girlfriend in Toronto over the web.

Qian "Necole" Liu, a 23-year-old York University student from Beijing, was found dead just before noon Friday in her apartment. Toronto police are still looking for a man reportedly seen struggling with her earlier that morning.

Police say Liu was chatting with her boyfriend by webcam at about 1 a.m. when an unknown man knocked on the door.

"She opened the door to a male. She could have known the male but he was unknown to the online witness," Toronto Police Det. Frank Skubic told the Daily Mail.

It took police more than 10 hours to arrive at the scene after Liu's boyfriend contacted her friends living in Toronto.

Toronto Police Constable Tony Vella explained to the Daily Mail that they were not notified until Friday morning.

"Someone had gone to (her) address because they were concerned for her well-being and they went into the apartment and they found her there and they were concerned so they contacted police," he told the paper.

Liu was found naked from the waist down, but that there were no obvious signs of sexual assault or trauma that would have led to her death, police say.

"She was unclothed from the waist down and had been dead for a period of time. There was no trauma to the body which could readily identify the manner of her death and no obvious signs of sexual abuse," Skubic told the paper.

Police say the laptop is also missing.

A York University spokeswoman says they are concerned for students who live off-campus.

"We're doing everything possible to make this a safe environment. It can be a challenge when we don't have any authority off campus," spokeswoman Susan Webb told the Daily Mail.

There are currently no suspects in custody.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

This is crazy. This is like movie stuff, this doesn't happen in real life.

Not that I condone it, but if it were me, I would be on the plane to Toronto, and well, yeah, guess the rest.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I've talked to my sistah via skype...unbeknownst to her hubby...who walked into the house from the pool with nothing on.

Blamed it on the 115 degree temp in AZ.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Not as good as the clip of a British girl talking to her BF in a towl, and in the background, another "boyfriend" in just a towl walks in, and quickly darts back into the bathroom. All of this at the same time she is telling him how much she misses him and all that BS.

Comment

There was a story like this on Spike TV 1000 ways to die.
          GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Just to clarify [assuming the radio story yesterday was accurate] since this article doesn't specify; the boyfriend didn't actually see the murder. Apparently, there was a fight, the dude knocked her down, then walked over and closed the laptop.
            Not that it really changes anything, but the headline is misleading.
            Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
            Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

10 hours to respond?!? If I were the boyfriend and saw a struggle happening, I would've called the Toronto Police for a welfare check within seconds...we get them all the time...maybe my department is just different?
              Originally posted by RSGSRT
              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

You have to keep in mind, though...the kid's Chinese. If you were a cop, and you picked up the station phone to hear someone yelling at you in a language you don't understand, what would you do? I have a feeling a lot of people would be inclined to think it's a prank call and just hang up. If this were you, and the killing happened in China, exactly how would you explain the situation to the local police in the city where it happened?
                Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"

Comment

If he would have called my department and been screaming in Chinese? I would have transferred him to the AT&T Language Line which puts a translator on the line for a 3 way call and gotten the info and sent deputies, fire, and EMS; or passed along the info to the proper department so they could send a response...otherwise, if this happened in my jurisdiction and I ignored his call? I can pretty much kiss my job goodbye, at least for a lengthy suspension, if not permanently...at least in my department - you can't ignore calls, even if they're yelling in a different language, due to liability - you will be sacrificed in a heartbeat - ESPECIALLY if IA connected the call to the incident...

But yeah, I get your point, but 10 hours?! Man...I feel bad for him...I mean, all that time knowing somethings up...with all the technology we have now it's sad there wasn't something he could have done earlier...
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Update:

A 29-year-old man has been charged with the murder of a college student whose frantic boyfriend in China watched though a webcam as she struggled with an attacker, police said Wednesday.

Brian Dickson was charged with first-degree murder, Toronto police spokesman Tony Vella told The Associated Press. Dickson was scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning.

Police did not release any more details but asked the media not to publish any photos of Dickson, saying it could compromise the investigation.

The body of York University student Liu Qian, 23, of Beijing, was found Friday in her apartment in Toronto a few hours after her boyfriend witnessed the attack, police said. She was naked from the waist down and there were no obvious signs of sexual assault or trauma severe enough to kill her. The autopsy was inconclusive, and police said Tuesday they were awaiting toxicology test results.

Dickson is not a student at York, university spokeswoman Janice Wells said.

Liu was chatting with her boyfriend, Meng Xianchao, by webcam at about 1 a.m. Friday when a man knocked on the door, police said.

Meng reported seeing a struggle break out between the two before Liu's webcam was shut off. Meng contacted other friends in Toronto who in turn called police.

The victim's father, Liu Jianhui, said his daughter studied at Beijing City University before moving to Canada, where she met Meng. Liu Jianhui arrived Wednesday from China. He is the research director of Communist Party history at the Party School of the Central Committee of CPC, which trains party officials.

York University President Mamdouh Shoukri said the community is relieved that police have arrested a suspect.

"Qian Liu's death has had a profound impact on all of us at York. We appreciate the dedicated effort of Toronto Police Service and we are pleased that they have apprehended a suspect," Shoukri said in a statement.

Liu Qian's laptop computer, webcam and mobile phone were taken from the apartment the night of the attack, police said. Police said the online chat was on a live streaming camera and was not recorded, though investigators were trying to figure out if there was any way they could recover it.

Sex attacks have happened before in and around York's campus which is located near one of Toronto's rougher neighborboods.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04...nto-apartment/

This is crazy. This is like movie stuff, this doesn't happen in real life.

According to many Canadians, it does not happen in Toronto or other parts of Canada, only in the crime infested gun toting US.
                      - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

No one ever explained to her that you don't open the door at 0100?

Comment

Originally posted by Murf425 View Post
                          While naked from waste down....

Comment

People seem to have no sense of security at all. How many of these stories start with "opened the door at 3am to loud knocking..." and so on? I don't want to blame the victim(s) here, but any time of day there is a strange knock at my door, I look to see who is knocking, and if I don't like the look of the person knocking and or it's after 7pm ish, I won't open it, unless it's obviously someone I know or LE/EMS.
                            - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by SaRDep View Post
                              While naked from waste down....
                              Note to self: Stop answering the door at 0100 naked from the waist down. No place to coneal my gun.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4395 users online. 276 members and 4119 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X