• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Deputy shot while transferring inmate

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/18...est=latestnews

NE Texas deputy fatally shot during inmate shift

Published April 18, 2011

| Associated Press

NEW BOSTON, Texas – Officials say an inmate shot and killed a sheriff's deputy while she was transferring prisoners outside a northeast Texas courthouse.

Bowie County officials say the deputy was shot about 2:30 p.m. Monday at the county courthouse in New Boston while moving inmates. They say their suspect is an inmate who then stole the sheriff's van and drove off. Authorities say the van was later found and the inmate captured in Ashdown, Ark.

There was no immediate word on the identities of the deputy and the suspect or how the suspect got a gun.

Bowie County is on the Texas-Arkansas border and includes Texarkana, Texas.

Was she transferring him alone?

Is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

Was she transferring him alone?

Is that normal?
      Not unusual.

I did a lot of one person transports when I was a deputy.

Did a WHOLE lot of one person transports as a CO
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

And now...he gets to fry. Its Texas, home of the express lane to the needle.
        sigpic
        Don't make me gassy.
        You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Not only did he escape from custody, which he could have been shot while doing so, but he killed a peace officer while doing it. He's lucky it wasn't the Rangers that caught him. There wouldn't be an arrest made on this one.
          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

yikes....................

Comment

RIP Deputy Sherri Jones.............thank you for your service.

LODD Memorial
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

There is many times I have transferred up to three in my patrol car (no cage) by myself. Hell, they have even expected me to transfer up to 8 in the van by myself (with a cage). I finally got someone else to go with me on that one. I bet before to long I will have to make a trip in that van by myself.

Comment

Wow,

He shot her with her own weapon. I wonder how he was handcuffed? I remember when I was stationed in Tampa, there was a man who killed two police officers who were transporting him. They handcuffed him in front for the ride and he had a pair of handcuff keys. They chased him down the interstate and he killed another State trooper before they cornered him and he killed himself.

RIP deputy...

Comment

RIP, Deputy Jones.

Best wishes to her family.
                    “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
                    -Chief Wiggum

Comment

RIP Deputy Jones

From what I read on another forum she was a 51 year old lady, he was a 21 year old kid and they were in the basement of the courthouse alone when he began wrestling with her.

I feel for the family, my thoughts and prayers are with them.
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5525 users online. 321 members and 5204 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X