X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge "Let Me Go"

Judge "Let Me Go"

Article is really long, so here is the gist:

Suffolk County (Boston, MA) DA has filed a grievance against a judge who has a history of going very easy on criminals. Some examples:

■ Martin Joseph Foley, a patient at Massachusetts General Hospital after a suicide attempt, allegedly threatened a woman with scissors in a hospital bathroom on Jan. 25, 1999. Foley did not show up for his arraignment, but Dougan let him remain free without bail, over prosecutors’ objections, as long as he showed up for his next court date. On May 10, 2000, four days before he was due in court, Foley allegedly kidnapped a woman and drove her to a remote forest in Plymouth where he allegedly raped and robbed her. He is still receiving psychiatric care while committed at Bridgewater State Hospital.

* Tweet 14 people Tweeted this
    * Yahoo! Buzz ShareThis

Related Documents

* Graphic Dougan’s decisions
    * PDF Defendant's confession
    * PDF Judge dismisses charges
    * PDF Anonymous tip about judge
    * PDF Judge rebuked by SJC

■ Dougan dismissed drunken driving charges against Daniel Quispe, even though Boston police said his blood-alcohol level was twice the legal limit when he was stopped in 2000. Dougan said that he was serving “public justice’’ by dropping the charges against Quispe, a native of Peru, because he faced possible deportation if convicted. That, Dougan argued, was too severe a penalty.

“After considering the serious potential consequences to Quispe of an admission to the charges . . . the court concluded that dismissing the complaint was in the interest of public justice,’’ Dougan wrote.

The Supreme Judicial Court eventually struck down Dougan’s decision, writing that Dougan’s “personal views regarding the wisdom or propriety’’ of immigration laws “are irrelevant and undermine the principle of separation of powers.’’

■ Alander Gooden, whose record stretches back to 1998, was arrested for carrying a gun on June 2, 2007, after police said he appeared nervous and shaking and crawled out of his car as they approached him on a Dorchester street. When they searched his unregistered vehicle, they found the weapon. But Dougan said he did not believe the police account and said they did not have cause to search Gooden’s car in the first place, so he threw out the evidence.

An appeals court eventually overturned Dougan’s decision and reinstated the gun charges on June 24, 2009, but by then Gooden had already been arrested for more crimes. Gooden was sent to prison for three years for trafficking cocaine. On the original gun case, another judge, Tracy-Lee Lyons, convicted him, sentencing him to 18 months in the Suffolk House of Correction.

■ Michael Gordan was arrested last December on charges of possessing automatic weapons and drug paraphernalia in his Dorchester apartment. When he came before Dougan, the judge immediately reduced Gordan’s bail from $100,000 to $3,000, but just as Gordan was about to go free, the Suffolk County sheriff learned that he was wanted in Kentucky on charges of failing to pay child support. A Kentucky sheriff asked that authorities here hold Gordan so that they could come and get him. Dougan let him go anyway. He is still wanted in Kentucky.

There are more in this link:
    Poor Decision Making Skills
    NYPD
    Exam Taken 10/31/09
    Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
    List Number: 5xx

PPB
    Exam: Passed
    PAT: Passed
    Oral Board: Passed
    Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
    Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Yeah typical liberal massachusettes a**hole.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

What a shi**y judge.
      I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it

"But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet
      it" - Thucydides

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a potential Obama appointment to the Supreme Court.
        "Lay there and bleed awhile before you feel some real pain."

"Have a cup of coffee, a pall mall, and relax!"

Comment

Saw that article yesterday..no surprise that he was appointed to the Bench by our former Govenor Mike Dukakis who also advocated a weekend furlough program for inmates...here's article about one that was able to really take advantage of the program.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Horton
          "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6213 users online. 328 members and 5885 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X