300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Police Show!

Just saw this today, it looks really cool. Makes feel more involved and really shows how fast they are really going through decisions. It is called "Police POV" and the premier is on April 17 on Tru TV.

http://www.trutv.com/shows/police-pov/index.html

I'ts just going to mean more people think they can do our job and know how to do it better than we do.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

not a big fan of trutv lately because it seems like a lot of stuff is scripted. but I will give this a shot
      He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Comment

eh? Does that mean this show will be nothing but clips from dash and clip-on cameras?

Comment

I like COPS and some of the shows about jails and prisons. COs do not have an easy job.
          It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Is Steven Segal going to be in it?

Comment

"I don't need to see it......I lived it"

-PeeWee Herman

Comment

Already a thread here:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...how-Police-POV

Comment

If you go into the TruTV website for this show there is an interactive game to see if you could be the Police or make the proper decisions.. whatever.

I played a few minutes of it. The first round is to see if you can pick the proper level of force. You have to decide whether to use lethal, stun gun, or no force. It says use lethal if the individual is holding a firearm. Use the stun gun if the person has a knife, bat, sword, etc.. and no force if it's an innocent civilian.

This is just going to further put into people's heads that we can't shoot unless the person has a gun on them. So now people will further their belief that even though someone is coming at us with an edged weapon, bat, etc, we should not use a firearm and should use our stun gun.

The second round you have your taser and have to shoot the pop ups that present a threat and not shoot innocent civilians. There is a person that comes at you with his hand inside of his jacket. The classic I'm pulling something out of the inside of my jacket, such as a firearm. I tased him and was penalized.

Again, this will just further put misinformation out to the general public. I'm sorry, but if an individual is walking towards me, a Police Officer, with their hands grabbing at something in the jacket... He's not going to like the results.

Just a few observations that irked me.

I guess we will see how the actual show is.....

Comment

To this point it seems really choppy. Head camera definitely a cool idea for a show but its so back and forth that I got a little lost with that first one.

Looks like Cincinnati signed on for this one... thats cool. Not sure about the bright white uniforms though! Haha, jk.

Decent show so far though, not sure I'll make time next week to watch it. Maybe my mind will change.
                    NYPD
                    Exam Taken 10/31/09
                    Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
                    List Number: 5xx

PPB
                    Exam: Passed
                    PAT: Passed
                    Oral Board: Passed
                    Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
                    Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

I'm trying to watch it now but I hate the way they go from officer cam to external, mixed with reenactments.
                      Originally posted by Ceridwen
                      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

I watched the first episode. What really ****ed me off was the fake radio communication they threw in. Dispatch is obviously fake and wait, my favorite................"Oh my god he's going to take this turn at 80mph". Yeah, apparently an officer said that over the radio. But otherwise I like the view of the camera when they're searching buildings.
                        He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
                          I'm trying to watch it now but I hate the way they go from officer cam to external, mixed with reenactments.
                          I agree, I cant watch it because it is making me dizzy. I do like the idea, they just need to work on it.
                          It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees24 View Post
                            I watched the first episode. What really ****ed me off was the fake radio communication they threw in. Dispatch is obviously fake and wait, my favorite................"Oh my god he's going to take this turn at 80mph". Yeah, apparently an officer said that over the radio. But otherwise I like the view of the camera when they're searching buildings.
                            Yep! I picked that out right away as well.

I agree with changing dispatch though. It condenses the info for the viewer and doesn't reveal certain coded tendencies that depts have, so its sort of a courtesy to the department.
                            NYPD
                            Exam Taken 10/31/09
                            Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
                            List Number: 5xx

PPB
                            Exam: Passed
                            PAT: Passed
                            Oral Board: Passed
                            Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
                            Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
                              If you go into the TruTV website for this show there is an interactive game to see if you could be the Police or make the proper decisions.. whatever.

I played a few minutes of it. The first round is to see if you can pick the proper level of force. You have to decide whether to use lethal, stun gun, or no force. It says use lethal if the individual is holding a firearm. Use the stun gun if the person has a knife, bat, sword, etc.. and no force if it's an innocent civilian.

This is just going to further put into people's heads that we can't shoot unless the person has a gun on them. So now people will further their belief that even though someone is coming at us with an edged weapon, bat, etc, we should not use a firearm and should use our stun gun.

The second round you have your taser and have to shoot the pop ups that present a threat and not shoot innocent civilians. There is a person that comes at you with his hand inside of his jacket. The classic I'm pulling something out of the inside of my jacket, such as a firearm. I tased him and was penalized.

Again, this will just further put misinformation out to the general public. I'm sorry, but if an individual is walking towards me, a Police Officer, with their hands grabbing at something in the jacket... He's not going to like the results.

Just a few observations that irked me.

I guess we will see how the actual show is.....
                              I too shot the guy with his hand in his pocket. Twice as a matter of fact. Love how that had the innocent bystander taking pictures.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6715 users online. 353 members and 6362 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X