300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marion Iowa Police: Officer Shot Man Armed With Hammer

The Chief and I used to work together at the prison..........................
    There is a real good interview on the website with the Chief................

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Mario...119999744.html

MARION – A Marion police officer shot and wounded a man Saturday night after police say the man attacked a group of officers with a hammer and a broken bottle.

Marion Police Chief Harry Daugherty said at a press conference today that Christopher A. Lang, 41, of 925 10th St., in Marion is recovering at St. Luke’s Hospital in Cedar Rapids after sustaining a gunshot wound to the right torso. His injuries are not considered life threatening, Daugherty said.

None of three officers involved in the incident were identified. The officer who fired the shot has been placed on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure.

Lang is charged with assault with a weapon on a peace officer, assault with a weapon, two counts of assault with injury and interference with official acts.

According to Daugherty the incident occurred at about 8:45 p.m. Saturday and Lang's residence. Officers were responding to a report of an out of control male, he said. Those offices met three people outside the home who said Lang assaulted them. Lang was inside the home when officers arrived.

The officers went into the home to speak with Lang who was in an upstairs area. Lang did not come down so the offices went upstairs. Lang met the officers with a hammer in one hand and a broken bottle in the other, Daugherty said.

“Mr. Lang was given numerous commands to drop the hammer and broken bottle. Mr. Lang refused to comply with the officers’ commands,” Daugherty said.

At that point, one of the officers fired a Taser toward Lang.

“Mr. Lang went down briefly, then got up and started to approach the officers. He then tried to strike the officers with the hammer,” Daugherty said.

That is when one of the Marion officers filed a single gunshot that hit Lang.

“We used voice commands and it didn’t work. We used a Taser and it didn’t work. And he still tried to approach the officers. At that point, (the officers) felt - he felt - he only had one option left.”

Police said the three people who claimed to be assaulted by Lang were his roommates – two females who are sisters and a male who is the son of one of the women.
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 04-17-2011, 03:31 PM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Based on the information provided, the gentleman referenced appears to be the latest in a long line of mental midgets, who simply cannot/will not follow instructions. Who knows? He might be one of our trolls.

Comment

Yep, the Hammer of justice falls again.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Sometimes to drive home a point, you just have to nail the idiot.
        "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
        But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
        "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
        We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

He attack a group of police officers with a deadly weapon and only one shot was fired?
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

it worked, so I guess only 1 was needed....
            BAD THINGS HAPPEN when you fight/attack/resist da po-leece!
            "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
            The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
            sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
            Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
              He attack a group of police officers with a deadly weapon and only one shot was fired?
              Close quarters.................in a upstairs room in a small house............1 officer had Taser out & deployed The other had the Glock.

3 officers at the scene..........................

I haven't talked to anyone yet..................but the 1 shot put him down...........................no further action necessary.

I wish I had the scanner on last night!
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

My question too. Maybe no one else had a clean sight picture. I almost capped a guy but my partner got in the way.
                Long story.
                Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Even if no one else had a clear shot, I would expect the officer who took the shot to fire more than once. By the time you figure out the first shot wasn't enough, you or others could be injured.
                  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Even if no one else had a clear shot, I would expect the officer who took the shot to fire more than once. By the time you figure out the first shot wasn't enough, you or others could be injured.
                    All I can say is --------he didn't.

Yes we are taught to double tap. I do know he was hit in the lower torso..

It worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                      All I can say is --------he didn't.

Yes we are taught to double tap. I do know he was hit in the lower torso..

It worked out.
                      He might not have had time. He might have had to stick it in his ribs. Who knows. It's all good.
                      Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Nice quip's above,,,

Mehhh...

No shot up cops....

Got shot in da' guts,

maybe tha' Officer anticipated recoil....

Anyways gut shots are good...
                        yummy fer' frog faced tummy...
                        Originally posted by mookster
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        Originally posted by CityCopDC
                        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Because it only takes one shot to hit the hammer out of his hand!! DUH!!!!!!!

Comment

The guy looked nothing like Chuck Norris so only one was needed, OR the the guy looked exactly like Chuck Norris and the Officer did not want to anger him ?

Bill
                            Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

I'm appaled that a gun had to be used!!! Couldn't the officers just pepper spray or taser him longer, or ask him to put down the hammer? This is abuse of power! They are nothing but outta control bullies with badges!

Relax, I'm being sarcastic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6730 users online. 353 members and 6377 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X