300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Arrested After Facebook Postings

MEDINA, Ohio — A man accused of breaking into a woman's home and assaulting her was caught after pictures were posted up on the victim's Facebook page.

Medina police said that Sean Pack allegedly broke into a Hinkley Township home.

"She had some newspapers in the front, and it looked like no one was around, said neighbor Chuck Jones. "It probably looked like easy pickings."

However, the 67-year-old homeowner was at home, ONN's Cristin Severance reported on Friday.

Police said that she heard someone breaking in and came downstairs with a gun. The two wrestled and she broke her wrist.

"They beat her up, took some of her items, and fled the scene," said Deputy U.S. Marshal Ryan Helfrich.

Police said that the Pack, 25, took her cell phone and other electronics. That's when the U.S. Marshal's said that strange photos started popping up on the woman's Facebook page.

"Unaware to the suspects, the cell phone was set to post pictures that the phone took automatically to Facebook," Helfrich said.

The U.S. Mashal's Violent Fugitive Task Force tracked down the person with the phone, who told them that he bought the phone from Pack.

Authorities arrested Pack within 36 hours of the alleged attack.

"What people don't understand is when you post things to Facebook, once it gets out in the social network, anyone can get a hold of it, and use it for anything they need to," Helfrich said.

Pack was being held in jail on $1 million bond. He faces robbery and assault charges.

$1 million bond?
    Maybe he'll think twice before breaking into another house.
    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

That's classic LOL....if they weren't stupid they wouldn't be criminals

Comment

Originally posted by Troll Slayer
      too bad she didnt have a gun.....
      She did...

Police said that she heard someone breaking in and came downstairs with a gun. The two wrestled and she broke her wrist.
      Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
        She did...

too bad she didnt use it prior to ...
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Watched that story on the news earlier, I'm kinda wondering why she didn't shoot.
          "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
          I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

rofl and she was 67 years old with a phone set to automagically post pics to facebook ...priceless

Comment

If you're not going to use it, having a gun is a liability. She should'a double tapped him.
              sigpic
              Don't make me gassy.
              You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Is there a duty to retreat for a homeowner in Ohio before using deadly force? I know in Michigan they got rid of that stipulation...I too am wondering why she didn't shoot them...good for her though! "We bought the phone off her" - good try! FAIL!
                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4636 users online. 286 members and 4350 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X