Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsd13
    replied
    Apparently they have been reopened. For US citizens the reason is to allow them to withdraw funds (question coming up about this), but foreigners are allowed to gamble as normal.

http://www.cybercrime.gov/pokerAgreement.pdf

Q: If US citizens are engaging in what everyone knows is an illegal activity here in America, why would they be allowed to get their money back?

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Great... there goes my retirement....

Leave a comment:

• HEDP
    replied

These guys are in some big trouble.

Last edited by HEDP; 04-18-2011, 03:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    I use bodog and am not worried about it. The company is not tied to the US and the owner knows not to step foot on US soil.

Leave a comment:

• KapsFB
    replied
    Originally posted by Hokie13 View Post
    It's my understanding that these three are all owned by the same group. That's why they were all indicted together. If this one goes through you can bet other sites will be indicted soon.
    I could be wrong but I do not believe they are owned by the same group. I do concur it's possible other sites will be subject to the same drill in the not too distant future.

All I know is I'm sweating bullets over the $17 I have in Pokerstars !!!!!! Might have to file for bankruptcy.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    Many of the big pros have stakes in these companies, but you'll never be able to really know. They all used shells corporations from one country and have operations in another country. The pros are paid fees instead of getting proceeds so they can stay out of trouble.

The feds are going to lose this case big time anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Hokie13
    replied
    Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
    Curiously sites other than Full Tilt; Pokerstars; & Absolute are still up and running.

Such as "Doyle's Room".
    It's my understanding that these three are all owned by the same group. That's why they were all indicted together. If this one goes through you can bet other sites will be indicted soon.

Leave a comment:

• bsd13
    replied
    They're only doing it because they aren't getting their slice of the pie in the form of taxes. 5-10 years down the line we will see government run online gambling sites. Kind of like state lottery. It's too much of a potential revenue source.

Leave a comment:

• ProtectandServe
    replied
    I kind of wonder what the 2011 WSOP will look like if these companies go away.

Leave a comment:

• KapsFB
    replied
    Curiously sites other than Full Tilt; Pokerstars; & Absolute are still up and running.

Such as "Doyle's Room".

Leave a comment:

• Joe Mama
    replied
    Its a good thing I wont lose my play chips then! I think Ive spent maybe a total of $100 over the past several years on these sites. I liked to play the small stakes tables but I still managed to lose my shirt. (One thread at a time)

As long as they still offer the donkrolls (freerolls) and otherwise free poker Im cool. I dont like losing my real $$$. I have a wife for that.

Leave a comment:

• Hokie13
    replied
    I know a few people that play these sites, they're freaking out that they're gonna loose the money that have in their accounts.

Leave a comment:

• DACP
    replied
    Originally posted by crass cop View Post
    much like the current administration
    Now now Crass, don't be so harsh on the guy he has done all kinds of things like......???...uhhhhh errrrr........mmmmmmm....aaaaa. well you get my point...................ohh wait I know what he has done, made Carter the second worst president ever.............so see there HA!!

Leave a comment:

• Gunner.K19
    replied
    ...And people wonder why I am wary of our government's actions and intentions...

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    Congress couldn't figure out a way to tax it so they outlawed it. The companies set up shop oversees and the .gov got mad. Now they're trying this stunt.. it won't fly.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5513 users online. 297 members and 5216 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X