Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man kills woman - after learning the death penalty was repealed

http://www.suntimes.com/4828757-573/...oak-brook.html

Dude researched to find out that IL has no death penalty and then decided to kill. Crazy Russians.

One thing I found interesting was how the article worded him "buying a gun" as though he probably did it legally. I can tell you, as a gun salesman, that would NOT have happened. If you're not an American citizen or permanent resident (which if he had moved back to Canada, he would not have been) you CANNOT buy a gun legally, PERIOD!

I hope this story becomes widespread. Anyone who is on the fence about capital punishment now have a pretty good argument that, in some cases, it is a deterrent.
    Last edited by GangGreen712; 04-14-2011, 10:24 PM.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Comment

wasn't this just part of the series premiere of law & order:LA?

Comment

That is not true at all. You do not have to be a permanant resident, 90 days is all that is needed, or anyone visiting with a hunting permit, or a waiver from the Attny. General of the United States, the article said he lived in the US but moved back to Canada, that does not mean he gave up his residence in the US. A person can live in many places, even carry multiple citizen ships with multiple passports issued by different countries.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
          That is not true at all. You do not have to be a permanant resident, 90 days is all that is needed, or anyone visiting with a hunting permit, or a waiver from the Attny. General of the United States, the article said he lived in the US but moved back to Canada, that does not mean he gave up his residence in the US. A person can live in many places, even carry multiple citizen ships with multiple passports issued by different countries.
          By US law you can not have multiple citizenships and must renounce all other citizenships.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Not correct at all. Dual Citizenship is done all the time.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1753.html

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
              By US law you can not have multiple citizenships and must renounce all other citizenships.
              Yeah, definitely not the case. My father and aunt both have dual citizenship with Venezuela.
              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                A visa and a hunting permit will get you far in the gun world.
                Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

All the articles on this event seem to be focusing on the research of the death penalty aspect of the case, and just a slight mention of a handgun purchase in another state, so without more data it is impossible to say if the system failed and he bought a gun legally, or if he got one off a street urchin or other source.

Comment

i didnt read the article, however is it possible that he bought the gun on the street???
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

That dude is nuttier than a Payday smothered with extra crunchy Jif...
                      Originally posted by RSGSRT
                      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                        i didnt read the article, however is it possible that he bought the gun on the street???
                        Buying guns off paper on the street or at a gun show would not be too difficult but usually when that happend the articles go batpoop over how the gun show loophole or how private sales must be shut down. With out details it's only guesswork.

Comment

Reading the rules about resident aliens buying guns makes my head hurt, but they can legally do so as others have mentioned. They can even get an FFL/SOT and mfg machine guns, silencers, short barreled guns, and dangerous and destructive devices.

Bill
                          Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

For all we know from the data, this could have been a gun he had for years in storage awaiting his return.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2640 users online. 135 members and 2505 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X