• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search on for student, 20, dragged from home

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42588547...ime_and_courts

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
    updated 2 hours 55 minutes ago 2011-04-14
    T14:52:44

Searchers in western Tennessee continued looking Thursday for a nursing student who was last seen being dragged from her house by a man wearing camouflage.

Some 300 people gathered in Parsons on Thursday morning to resume the search for Holly Bobo, 20, after volunteers searched the rural area around her home Wednesday.

Bobo's 25-year-old brother told investigators he saw a man dragging her across the carport at her family home and toward a wooded area, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said.

Bobo's brother was inside the house and the kidnapping was outside in the rural area of small, modest homes about 100 miles northeast of Memphis, the TBI said. A spokeswoman would not give more details on what the brother told them.

"It's very disturbing to our community, it's very disturbing to us as law enforcement. We are praying for the family and the young lady," WTVF-TV quoted Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt as saying. "It's our hopes and our prayers that we find her alive."

Investigators are looking into the possibility that someone may have checked out Bobo's home before the abduction and are asking neighbors to report any unusual people or cars in the area.

Since news of the case spread, neighbors and people in nearby communities have poured out to help search, bring food and support. Family members who are holding together reasonably well, Decatur County Mayor Michael Smith said.

Additionally, country music singer Whitney Duncan took to Twitter to spread news of the disappearance and make a plea for help in the case, saying Bobo is her cousin.
    “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
    -Chief Wiggum

Originally posted by LAC_LE View Post
    ...Bobo's 25-year-old brother told investigators he saw a man dragging her across the carport at her family home and toward a wooded area, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said

Bobo's brother was inside the house and the kidnapping was outside in the rural area of small, modest homes about 100 miles northeast of Memphis, the TBI said. A spokeswoman would not give more details on what the brother told them...
    I hope he tried to do more than watch.

Comment

This is the missing girl.

I hope this ends well because it doesn't feel like it will.
      “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
        I hope he tried to do more than watch.
        That's what I was thinking... If I saw someone dragging my sister into the woods..........
        Pursuing the dream.

Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

Comment

I smell fish.
          Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

^^^^

Agreed
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

prayers her way....
              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
              The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
              sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by jjbledsoe View Post
                That's what I was thinking... If I saw someone dragging my sister into the woods..........
                Same here...that struck me as odd. He'd better be in a wheelchair or something, otherwise...

My sister? That guy would be laying in the front yard at bayonet point when the cops arrived.
                Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
                Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2733 users online. 155 members and 2578 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X