Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missiles(?) found by Rockdale Co. sheriff's deputies during Georgia eviction

http://www.ajc.com/news/rockdale-aut...es-908842.html

Rockdale authorities find missiles, machine gun during eviction

A residential eviction in a Rockdale County subdivision filled with foreclosures was anything but routine on Wednesday when deputies found missiles and a machine gun on the premises.

The Rockdale sheriff's deputies called in state and federal agents and, eventually, the U.S. Air Force because they didn't know what to make of the missiles.

"They discovered all sorts of strange weapons," said Sgt. Jodi Shupe, a spokeswoman for the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office.

A Georgia Bureau of Investigations bomb squad detonated two missiles, Shupe said. The Air Force was called after U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents inspected the weapons and were unsure what to do with them.

The resident, a developer who built many of the nearby homes, likely will not be charged with a crime, Shupe said. So police were not releasing his identity.

"He apparently was a collector," Shupe said.

Authorities arrived at the location -- Moccasin Trail SW at Miller Bottom Road SW -- to evict the resident in the afternoon. They were still there after 10 p.m. because of their discoveries.

I wish I could find a picture of what they found.

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
    I wish I could find a picture of what they found.
    No kidding.

Closest I've ever come to that was a guy who was digging the septic tank in for his new home, and came across some old army crates buried about 3 foot under the ground. He didn't know what they were, so he called 911 and asked us to come out and take a look.

I get out there, and he's uncovered 3 WWII era crates full of mortar shells.

The local EOD team was not too happy with him when he informed them that the only way they would get to detonate those shells in place was if he had a signed contract with them stating that they'd be willing to pay for any damages to his brand-new 4500 square foot home.

They ended up using a robot to carry each shell about 1000 feet from the house, and detonated them in a field. It was quite the ordeal.
    The academy teaches you skills, the street gives you experience, but it all comes down to your instinct.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4623 users online. 281 members and 4342 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X