Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wear your Duty Belt loose or tight?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wear your Duty Belt loose or tight?

I always wore my duty belt tight and my back started to hurt. An old timer always wears his loose, and I mean like it hangs down a good bit. Usually about 1 or 2 holes past what is normal on your duty belt. He also uses 4 belt keepers. He said it's much more comfortable on your back and doesn't effect officer safety or movement.

I started wearing mine that way and found out that it was much better on my back. My back no longer hurts. We work 10 hour shifts.

Does anyone else wear their Duty Belts loose or do you wear them tight?

Can you seriously run just as well with a loose, heavy belt? I doubt it.

But it's not possible to argue with back pain. If you screw up your back you are done for life. Period. But if you run 1mph slower because of a loose belt, the difference will be negligible.

Comment

I keep mine loose and in the grand scheme of things, if somebody gets away I don't care. I have 20 somethings years to go and win some and lose some, but if my back makes it I win.
      I enjoy life on the dirtroad

Comment

I wear mine pretty tight... had the feeling and look of a sagging belt... guess I've never really thought much about the effects.

Comment

I wear mine tight like I run my shift. Ok JK but I do wear it tight.
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Are those load bearing suspenders effective?
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I wear mine tight but may try the switch. Maybe I can fit more stuff on the old 29" waist with a looser belt.

Comment

I wear mine tight but not real tight. I also use 4 belt keepers. I tend to be a little anal about the appearance of my uniform. I could stand to wear it a little looser due to having reconstructive surgery on my lower back but I hate a droopy belt.
                Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I can assure you, it really doesn't matter how you wear it, just carrying around that heavy belt all day long, getting in and out of our cars etc will do work on your back. There are so many options to alleviate this problem (suspenders, external vests) but departments would rather have parade officers.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                    I can assure you, it really doesn't matter how you wear it, just carrying around that heavy belt all day long, getting in and out of our cars etc will do work on your back. There are so many options to alleviate this problem (suspenders, external vests) but departments would rather have parade officers.
                    Agreed, a lot of departments want officers wearing dress uniforms all day long, which is just stupid in this day and age.

I used to wear mine tight, but my back started to hurt, so I started wearing it loose and no more back pain. I wore duty belt suspenders a couple of times and they were amazing! took all the weight off your lower back and hips. Unfortunately my department is not progressive and does not allow them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                      Yes!

http://www.backdefensesystems.com/

Comment

I may look into those things. Im a bigger guy right now, and throughout my shift, my pants start to sag some. The only way to combat that, aside from losing the stomach (which I'm working on) is to wear my belt tight.

Also, I think a good thing to strengthen you back are back extension exercises. If you gym has one, especially if its the one you sit on and you actually push weight as you lie back, use it.
                        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
                          Agreed, a lot of departments want officers wearing dress uniforms all day long, which is just stupid in this day and age.

I used to wear mine tight, but my back started to hurt, so I started wearing it loose and no more back pain. I wore duty belt suspenders a couple of times and they were amazing! took all the weight off your lower back and hips. Unfortunately my department is not progressive and does not allow them.
                          Yeah, it's sad how simple things could assist officers out on the street, yet they aren't done. Suspenders aren't even that noticiable if they match the uniform, and are a huge asset in keeping the belt from weighing on the back, yet departments don't like them. External vests could hold ammunition, cuffs, taser etc and take weight off the belt, yet departments think they look too aggressive. Give me a break!

Comment

Tight, if it is loose then the rest of my uniform gets out of whack for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                              I have underuniform LBS and don't have to wear my belt tight. Keeps everything in place when I run and no saggy pants either. It has been discussed here before look up backdefense system, built in shirt stays keep the tucked in look and you wear the belt loose so no back pain.
                              GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6421 users online. 367 members and 6054 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X