X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman: I was raped in deserted Denver airport concourse

msnbc.com staff and news service reports

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42570885...ime_and_courts

DENVER — A woman who missed a connecting flight at Denver International Airport said she was raped in a deserted concourse by a man she met at an airport bistro and that two janitors passed by and did nothing.Officers arrested Noel Alexander Bertrand, 26, of Portland, Ore., early Tuesday after other airline employees saw the attack through a window and called for help, Denver television stations KMGH and KDVR reported.

Bertrand was being held on suspicion of assault and felony sexual assault with bail set at $10,000.

The 22-year-old woman said she was flying from Oregon to Illinois on Monday to interview at a convent and decided to spend the night at the airport when she struck up a conversation with the man.

The woman said Bertrand followed her after the bistro closed at midnight.

He asked to kiss her, and she refused, but he moved in anyway and then threw her to the floor. The woman said the man pulled her pants down and assaulted her for about 10 minutes.

"I couldn't talk. I couldn't say anything," the victim told ABC's KMGH television news. "He grabbed me and held my neck to the ground. I started to stress out, and I couldn't breathe very well. I started to tense up and I started to get an asthma attack."

The woman, who had a large bruise above her left eye, told the station the man had pounded her head on the floor.

"I couldn't reach anywhere, I couldn't touch anything, and I couldn't breathe," she told KMGH.

During the attack, two airport janitors passed by and said nothing, she said. The woman told KMGH that two other airline employees outside the terminal saw the attack through a window and called police.

Airport spokeswoman Jenny Schiavone told the Denver Post that one of the employees, a security guard, detained Bertrand until police arrived.

The woman told KMGH that the man tried to claim they were having "a lover's quarrel."
    “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
    -Chief Wiggum

I am really just too darn cynical to comment, but it's terrible if true.
    There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
    http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

You rape a woman you should be castrated, hung by your ankles with your junk in your mouth until you die.

It worked on Mussolini
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

death...definitely death. Sex offenders CANT be rehabilitated.
        Last edited by crass cop; 04-14-2011, 10:41 AM.
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I agree about the rapist, they should not only be castrated but have the penis cut off too. I would have gone to a hotel over staying at the airport. Sorry this happened to her.
          It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

I lived in Denver for 27 years! Leave it to that poor woman to be by the ONLY deserted concourse at Denver International!

No need for me to mention why I moved back to Wyoming huh?
            I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Something doesn't sit right about the 2 janitors. No human being notices that without reacting. I am wondering if:

A) She made them up
              B) They were in on it and covering/playing lookout
              C) They didn't notice
              D) They assumed it was consentual and the couple figured that since they were in the Mile High City they found a much larger area to join the Mile High Club

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
                Something doesn't sit right about the 2 janitors. No human being notices that without reacting. I am wondering if:

A) She made them up
                C) They didn't notice
                D) They assumed it was consentual and the couple figured that since they were in the Mile High City they found a much larger area to join the Mile High Club
                Actually Id believe it. Plenty of people in the world have the "Dont ask questions" mindset.
                Yeah. That would go poorly. Like, on the Scale of Fail, somewhere between "Titanic" and "Chernobyl."
                --Squirrel

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post

A) She made them up
                  C) They didn't notice
                  You're underestimating the degree of apathy which a janitor is capable of exhibiting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5979 users online. 342 members and 5637 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X