X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Arrested for DUI on Same Day as Previous DUI Hearing

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news...rance-20110322

Sun-Times Media Wire

Chicago - Just hours before he was scheduled to appear in court for a separate DUI-related offense, John Jackson was arrested for driving while he was intoxicated early Tuesday on the South Side, police said.

Jackson, 62, was behind the wheel of a vehicle going south on Halsted when police saw him without any headlights and pulled him over at 12:44 a.m. at 7356 S. Halsted Ave., according to a police report. An officer noticed he appeared to be drunk and he did not have a valid license or proof of insurance.

“I’m suspended,’’ Jackson allegedly said to officers as they tried to steady him as he exited the vehicle from the passenger side. When an officer asked him if he’d had anything to drink, he allegedly said: “I had a little, I’m not drunk. I’m suspended for a DUI, I go to court tomorrow,’’ the report said.

The vehicle was searched and police found a “half-full” bottle of Hennessey Cognac in the vehicle. A breath analysis was performed and Jackson, of 8839 S. Wood St., was arrested at 1:21 a.m.

Jackson was charged with felony aggravated DUI, misdemeanor driving on a suspended license, and cited for driving without insurance, no headlights and illegal transportation of alcohol, the report said.

Information was not immediately available for the earlier charges.
    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Nothin' says, "F---ing idiot" better than that!
    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

Comment

I don't think this is uncommon. My sister had to go to presentation about alcohol abuse for one of her college classes and there were people there that we required to go on court order. She said 6 of those people ended up being arrested for public intoxication.
      He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2648 users online. 141 members and 2507 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X