Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robbing a kids lemonade stand - Seriously?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbing a kids lemonade stand - Seriously?

Its tough enough to see my daughter cry when she gets her feelings hurt from one of her peers. If I happened to be the father of these kids and happened to stumble across these clowns...
    This makes my blood boil.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/12...e-stand-heist/

A man and a woman have been arrested in connection with the robbery of a lemonade stand that was raising money for a child's medical treatment.

Gage Turner, 20, was arrested about 3 a.m. Tuesday, and his girlfriend, Amber Umbarger, 21, was arrested Saturday shortly after the lemonade stand in Warner Robins, Georgia, was robbed, Houston County Sheriff's Lt. John Holland told CNN affiliate WMAZ.

Chelsea Edwards, 13, and two of her friends were selling lemonade to raise money for the care of her 2-year-old cousin, Logan Varnadoe, CNN affiliate WXIA reported.

Logan has had multiple surgeries for an intestinal disorder and was born with part of his brain missing, according to WXIA. He and his parents are to be flown soon from Georgia to Cincinnati for advanced treatment. The lemonade sales were meant to defray the cost.

But on Saturday, Chelsea said a man and woman approached her lemonade stand and asked how much the lemonade cost.

"The man bent down and seen the money jar, and he grabbed it," the seventh-grader told WMAZ. She said the jar contained about $130.

Chelsea said the man jumped into a car and sped off, leaving the woman behind.

Umbarger was arrested at the scene, and Turner was arrested about 3 a.m. Tuesday in a vacant apartment, police told WMAZ.

"My granddaughter was lying on the ground crying, devastated," Logan and Chelsea's grandmother Judy Bailey told WXIA. "She's been really having a hard time at night, the last two nights. I said, 'It's going to be OK. We're going to get there. One way or another, we're going to get to Cincinnati, all of us. Don't you worry.' "

The lemonade stand wasn't the only source of funds for Logan's care. Donations also are accepted through a website, and neighbors and others have chipped in to replace the stolen money.
    There are 3 sides to every story - Your lawyer, their lawyer, and forensics.

I'm all for cutting his balls off and closing her tubes so that they could never ever reproduce offsprings.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
      I'm all for cutting his balls off and closing her tubes so that they could never ever reproduce offsprings.

After we beat them f'n silly!!

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
        Minus anesthesia, right?
        Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jane Q Public View Post
          Minus anesthesia, right?
          And with a spoon.

-V

Comment

Originally posted by vincelli View Post
            And with a spoon.

-V
            dull spoon...
            It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
            Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Same thing happened in Pontiac, MI last year.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/24323178/detail.html

Comment

"dull spoon... "

Nah..let's get the guy on that old thread to do it with his bare hands.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by needguidance View Post
                  "dull spoon... "

Nah..let's get the guy on that old thread to do it with his bare hands.
                  I must respectfully disagree. One yank and it's done. I much prefer the repeated spoon-sawing...

-V

Comment

Wow.....Well, I don't know about you guys, but I have my motivation to get to work today!

Comment

post deleted
                      Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                        Were they using the proceeds to buy drugs? ***holes.
                        The ONLY leeway I would cut these scumbags is if they were using the proceeds to buy some rope from Home Depot in order to rid the world of their sorry, selfish, worthless, and hurtful lives. And then, ONLY if they used a substandard knot which prolonged the misery of their deaths, and even THEN, it wouldn't be all that much leeway...

-V

Comment

Holy cow $130??? I guess those aren't 25 cent cups of lemonade then? Times change...when I was a kid I was thrilled if I could make $5 with a day's work.

Comment

This is embarrassing, I went to either high school or middle school with them...

Winners

Comment

The winners mugshots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4149 users online. 262 members and 3887 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X