Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother performs home-made circumcision on 3 month old.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother performs home-made circumcision on 3 month old.

A 29-year-old mother of four who is accused of trying to circumcise her 3-month-old son at home - but called 9-1-1 after she realized she botched the surgery - has been released from jail.

Keemonta Peterson posted $500 and was released from jail with the requirement that she regularly check in with a Close Street Supervision deputy. Her first name is also spelled Keemonte.

Portland police began investigating Peterson after responding to a call for medical help at 2 a.m. Oct. 24 at a house near East Burnside Street and 127th Avenue. The boy was rushed to a local hospital and initially listed in critical condition. Information about his health status today was not available.

It's unclear why Peterson attempted to circumcise her son herself, but papers filed with the court make a vague reference to "religious reasons."

A month ago, after a long investigation, Peterson was charged with first- and second-degree assault and first-degree criminal mistreatment. She was booked into jail, where she was held in lieu of $550,000 bail. Earlier this week in Multnomah County Circuit Court, Judge David Rees agreed to lower her bail to $5,000 - meaning she'd have to post $500 to get out.

Prosecutor John Casalino opposed the lowering of Peterson's bail. But the Close Street Supervision deputy who will monitor her supported a much lower bail - saying she presents a minimal risk to the community and won't likely re-offend. In the months after the October incident, Peterson had been receiving mental-health counseling three times a week. She is unemployed, but had recently been caring for an ailing aunt.

Peterson has no criminal convictions, but she was arrested in Texas in 2008 under suspicion of abandoning or endangering a child. According to a report, she told authorities that "she and her kids got lost and was without water."

All four of Peterson's children are currently in foster care, although she has been allowed to see them with supervision. Her trial is scheduled for late June.

Words cannot describe the stupidity............

Comment

Originally posted by marcusindc View Post

"Peterson has no criminal convictions, but she was arrested in Texas in 2008 under suspicion of abandoning or endangering a child. According to a report, she told authorities that "she and her kids got lost and was without water."

AH-------------yes
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Times are hard and circumcisions cost $$$ :P

Comment

Why was she performing the "surgery" at 2am?

Comment

Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
            Probably sounds like a good idea when you high on crack.
            Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
              Why was she performing the surgery period? If wanted isn't that done before the child leaves the hospital? I think she needs to stop having children.
              It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
                Why was she performing the surgery period? If wanted isn't that done before the child leaves the hospital? I think she needs to stop having children.
                I think she should never have started...

Comment

I hope the baby didn't loose his man-hood due to his idiotic mother.

Comment

I credit the Officer's for NOT smacking her upside her head and not telling her how fuc-ing dumb she is.
                    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

2 separate offenses involving kids and they still let her be around them... sounds like the prosecutors need a slap too

Comment

Keemonta Peterson told police she watched some YouTube videos about circumcisions. Then around midnight on the morning of Oct. 24 - using a box cutter as a scalpel and a pair of pliers as a tourniquet - she began the procedure. She had no experience.

When the bleeding wouldn’t stop, she tried to stitch her baby up. Her 13-year-old son watched on in distress. After two hours of uncontrolled bleeding, Peterson decided she needed help and called 9-1-1 to her home near East Burnside Street and 127th Avenue.

Mulitation or mayhem comes to mind. And her bail was reduced? What a joke. Poor kids.
                        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

That is a nice neighborhood from what I remember.

So refresh my memory...

You need a license to drive a motor vehicle on a public roadway. The state requires this MV license because you may cause injury to yourself or others on said public roadway.

BUT.... you DON'T need a license to reproduce a human life... Which may not only effect you, but many others along the line (along the line of life), and we are not even talking remotely about public roadways. Look at all the other social concerns here. Seriously.

Don't get me started.

Comment

Oh that poor baby!

I'm practically speechless here, that is just awful!
                            Originally posted by JasperST
                            "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                            It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                              Keemonta Peterson told police she watched some YouTube videos about circumcisions. Then around midnight on the morning of Oct. 24 - using a box cutter as a scalpel and a pair of pliers as a tourniquet - she began the procedure. She had no experience.

When the bleeding wouldn’t stop, she tried to stitch her baby up. Her 13-year-old son watched on in distress. After two hours of uncontrolled bleeding, Peterson decided she needed help and called 9-1-1 to her home near East Burnside Street and 127th Avenue.

Mulitation or mayhem comes to mind. And her bail was reduced? What a joke. Poor kids.

No kidding....he was probably thinking he was next.....
                              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6332 users online. 348 members and 5984 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X