Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MagnumForce View Post
    grants for local police
    I sure hope you don't want to be a LEO someday and spout that off to fellow officers and Admin.....I would predict you would have a short stay working there.....

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
      People like you are why I don't associate with the tea party. People jump on this bandwagon about smaller government, but have zero clue what they're talking about....

The programs you mentioned have been around since the 60's... where has the outrage been for the past 50 years?
      So you are fine with the federal government pulling power out of thin air because there is a desire for something, somewhere in our society? Nevermind the fact that we have an amendment process to grant powers to the federal government.

Comment

So you are fine with the federal government pulling power out of thin air because there is a desire for something, somewhere in our society? Nevermind the fact that we have an amendment process to grant powers to the federal government.
        You are doing nothing but repeating what you hear on tv. Where does this thread topic have anything to do with this?

Do you think that our founding fathers really thought society would be to the point that all officers needed body armor? Or that the technology existed to make a vest?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
          I sure hope you don't want to be a LEO someday and spout that off to fellow officers and Admin.....I would predict you would have a short stay working there.....
          You swear an oath to uphold the constitution and then you become an outcast if you want to adhere to constitutional principles?

Comment

You swear an oath to uphold the constitution and then you become an outcast if you want to adhere to constitutional principles?
            So.....I guess you want to join an agency and have to pay for ALL your equipment....to include car, weapons, uniforms, vest, etc.....since you don't want the Feds to give the agency you are working for any money..... Is that what you are sayin...?

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
              You are doing nothing but repeating what you hear on tv. Where does this thread topic have anything to do with this?

Do you think that our founding fathers really thought society would be to the point that all officers needed body armor? Or that the technology existed to make a vest?
              This topic is about federal funding for local police body armor and I'm questioning where the feds even get the authority to provide these grants. I guess some people won't question if something is constitutional or not if it benefits them, they just accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                So.....I guess you want to join an agency and have to pay for ALL your equipment....to include car, weapons, uniforms, vest, etc.....since you don't want the Feds to give the agency you are working for any money..... Is that what you are sayin...?
                If a county can't afford to operate a police force, then why are they even a county? Maybe they should consolidate into another county until they can have a tax base that can decently support themselves or maybe their state should help out with the equipment funds since the local agencies are enforcing state laws and are state certified.

Comment

If a county can't afford to operate a police force, then why are they even a county? Maybe they should consolidate into another county until they can have a tax base that can decently support themselves or maybe their state should help out with the equipment funds since the local agencies are enforcing state laws and are state certified.
                  Gee....what happens if 2-3 small rural Counties can't do it....? Merge them all together and say screw it....let the State Cops handle it....? What happens when the State doesn't have enough Troopers to go away...?

You just don't get it....do you...? Towns/Counties/Municpalities want to be in charge of their own LE Forces.....they don't want the State/Feds to run it but they do want some State/Fed Tax Support so they can run it..... What goes in some communities might not work in others......

As stated, if you really want to trek about 500 miles SouthWest of Chicago....I can hook you up with some Rural Cops that need money like this to operate.....

Go back to your thesis writing....as you never, ever make it as a real LEO.......

Comment

Yes I do understand that cash-strapped local governments would be hard-pressed to refuse grants, my point is whether or not the federal government overstepped their constitutional bounds by even offering these grants in the first place. Your argument seems to be that since there is a perceived need, the federal government can just step in any situation and provide grants or funds for whatever they deem worthy regardless of the constitution.

Do my views sounds like someone from Chicago? I'm closer to St. Louis.

I guess you are saying that LEOs have a monolithic opinion. If that is true and that opinion is reflected by you, then you are right, I will never make it as a LEO.
                    Last edited by MagnumForce; 05-16-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnumForce View Post
                      my point is whether or not the federal government overstepped their constitutional bounds by even offering these grants in the first place.

And how have they done that...? USSC and Congress have upheld all this stuff...... plus folks keep voting Congress in.

Your argument seems to be that since there is a perceived need, the federal government can just step in any situation and provide grants or funds for whatever they deem worthy regardless of the constitution.

Yes...that is my argument. I'd much rather see tax dollars spent on local/fedeal LE than I would see it go to Pakistan, Oman, Egypt, or some other crap hole country.......

Do my views sounds like someone from Chicago? I'm closer to St. Louis.

Sound like typical Chicago views.....as i have friends/family there. They are all pro-LE since they are LE....but their neighbors are typical to your opinions....

I will never make it as a LEO.
                      You won't......

Comment

Last edited by Smackzone116; 07-20-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnumForce View Post
                          Your argument for smaller government is to create a larger government?

Comment

• Originally posted by jannino View Post
                            Yeap....as stated....someone needs to stay in school.....

Comment

• Originally posted by jannino View Post
                              I'm arguing against larger, more intruding federal government and your talking about geographical lines of counties. If a state wants to have 100 counties or 10, they are free to do so.
                              Last edited by MagnumForce; 05-16-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                                Yeap....as stated....someone needs to stay in school.....
                                Yea...like since when did the USSC ever have jurisdiction over federal funding. Their website mentions involvement with sentencing guidelines, training, and research pertaining to sentencing.
                                Last edited by MagnumForce; 05-16-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4601 users online. 267 members and 4334 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X