300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you lose people

Tonight I'm almost home and a car got behind me and then turned down a couple streets I did. Instead of going to my house I took multiple side streets. Maybe like 20+. So they followed me the whole way and I got on the phone with 911. I couldn't ID the car except color because the headlights blinding me and cops weren't in my area so I started heading torwards the police station. Now I turned down a street to go to the main road and the car went straight at this point. I wanted to get a license plate number so I turned around and went as fast as possible to the street (30ft away from where I turned around) and the car was no where to be seen. I circled the block looking and didn't see any cars anywhere. Just like that the car was gone. How often in the business do you lose track of people that easy?
    Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

There was no car following you...... it was all in your head. Take two tylenol and call a psychiatrist in the morning.

Comment

A SUV tried to tailgate follow me once, after maybe 5 minutes of it (he changes lanes when I do to stay behind me) I found a cloverleaf highway ramp and took the ramp at 40-45 mph. Lets just say a Chevy Tahoe can't perform at the same speed on that ramp as a Subaru Impreza can, then gunned it down the empty highway (2 a.m.) and I managed to shake him.
      Life is what you make of it

Comment

My mom and I were tailgated once. Right into a police department parking lot.
        NYPD
        Exam Taken 10/31/09
        Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
        List Number: 5xx

PPB
        Exam: Passed
        PAT: Passed
        Oral Board: Passed
        Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
        Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOhio View Post
          Tonight I'm almost home and a car got behind me and then turned down a couple streets I did. Instead of going to my house I took multiple side streets. Maybe like 20+. So they followed me the whole way and I got on the phone with 911. I couldn't ID the car except color because the headlights blinding me and cops weren't in my area so I started heading torwards the police station. Now I turned down a street to go to the main road and the car went straight at this point. I wanted to get a license plate number so I turned around and went as fast as possible to the street (30ft away from where I turned around) and the car was no where to be seen. I circled the block looking and didn't see any cars anywhere. Just like that the car was gone. How often in the business do you lose track of people that easy?
          If I lose track of somone I call Chuck Norris. He knows where everyone is.

Comment

Originally posted by badge17 View Post
            There was no car following you...... it was all in your head. Take two tylenol and call a psychiatrist in the morning.
            Actually badge17, there was someone following him. It was me. I was driving around Ohio last night and wanted to do something nice so I decided the first person I saw I was going to give $10,000 in stolen cash. I saw this guy driving and hurried to catch up. I was following this vehicle when they started to turn down a couple of streets then they started to turn down more streets, probably 20+. Finally, I gave up after they turned down another street heading back to the main road. I turned my invisible mode on so he couldn't track me, he looked like a crazy... you can never be to careful.

Anyways, I got about 6.32 miles away and turned my invisible mode off. About 21 seconds later I got pulled over by the cops. They obviously apologized after they realized who they pulled over. To make a long story short, I drove home and went to bed.

Comment

Well this was a real question out of curiosity. But I guess you guys are too embarassed to say =P
              Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

The question doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I don't follow anyone for 20+ blocks. I have a fast car with lots of bright flashing lights. I have a radio. My eye sight is excellent. I probably already have your plate number and information...

I've never "lost" anyone before.

Comment

What is there TO do if all you have is a color?
                  When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                    The question doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I don't follow anyone for 20+ blocks. I have a fast car with lots of bright flashing lights. I have a radio. My eye sight is excellent. I probably already have your plate number and information...

Well I didn't mean following people. I just meant like people taking off and not being able to find them. Of course a radio helps, and it's your job to be out there until you find them, but I was curious how often it happens that a person can just take one turn to throw you off track.

Originally posted by OrlandoExp103 View Post
                    What is there TO do if all you have is a color?
                    not a lot. hence why once they stopped i turned around and tried to find them to get a plate number.

Comment

DITTO.

If I am following some one I usually have an idea of where they are going. So I wont be right on their tail.

Next time though, when you get in that situation I'd head towards the PD after about 3 turns when you are sure they are following you.

Comment

where I used to live, a long highway before the city pops up from a major interstate, speed limit around was 65 mph....I'm thinking I was going 75 back home.
                        some car tailing me, I look behind and the headlights look like it's coming from a smaller vehicle, I change lanes and up beside me is a beat up toyota corolla, older year.
                        I finally get in from the edge of the city and it's lit up with street lights, etc. and this clown comes up besides me again, this time I could see the white corolla is really beat up, and the passenger door had a different color, red I take it. The guy was yelling at me to "slow down!!!" WTf?!? so I keep driving, I'm going 45 at this point on the road and this clown gets behind me and I see reds and blues from his dash of his vehicle - I pull to the next lane, he passes and flys right by me....he happens to slow down for a left turn into the general direction of where I live, I'm behind him and I get his license plate number and it turns out, this clown was a security guard coming from a late shift and playing vigilante tailing vehicles and turning on his reds and blues on his dash.
                        Great stuff, I received the phone call maybe 30 minutes since arriving home that night from the locals at the city pd, turns out one of the officers lived up the street from me - later I found out, the clown had a taser, a "police" traffic vest, 6 pairs of handcuffs, you name it - the police officer that lived up the street told me they were trying to nab this guy as they had reports from people that there was some dumbass in a beat up smaller vehicle with "cop" lights tailing people. He would turn them on when he thought they were going tooo fast, and once people reacted by pulling over or changing lanes, he would speed off.

Comment

In the last 2 years I have been "burned" by someone I was trying to pull over twice. In the mountains it can be challenging to make a u-turn and catch someone before they turn off and black out at night.

Comment

Actually badge17, there was someone following him. It was me. I was driving around Ohio last night and wanted to do something nice so I decided the first person I saw I was going to give $10,000 in stolen cash. I saw this guy driving and hurried to catch up. I was following this vehicle when they started to turn down a couple of streets then they started to turn down more streets, probably 20+. Finally, I gave up after they turned down another street heading back to the main road. I turned my invisible mode on so he couldn't track me, he looked like a crazy... you can never be to careful.

Anyways, I got about 6.32 miles away and turned my invisible mode off. About 21 seconds later I got pulled over by the cops. They obviously apologized after they realized who they pulled over. To make a long story short, I drove home and went to bed.
                            Well if I happen to be the lucky 10K winner in your next 'Tailgaters Sweepstakes' how will I we be able to identify our screen names for verification purposes?

EDIT - Oh wait, you said the 10K was stolen... Does this mean we have to split it now?
                            There are 3 sides to every story - Your lawyer, their lawyer, and forensics.

Comment

I thought I was being tailed on Saturday night. I was coming home from the movies with a date and a truck was making every turn I was from the theater. I wasn't too nervous because I keep my G17 in the car. So I was almost to my neighborhood. I sped up going down the hill, then back up and noticed him speeding up too. I was like "okay, wtf's going on". So I was turning into my neighborhood, but I passed my house and proceeded to the stop sign. I was getting a little angry at this point because my date noticed I was acting weird and I had my hand on the Glock case. We went around the circle in my neighborhood and I saw him slowing down and he turned into a driveway.

I realized I've seen his truck in my neighborhood before.
                              Last edited by Seann1; 04-11-2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4459 users online. 279 members and 4180 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X