Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer pepper spray's baby squirrel; public outraged

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/outr...l-20110408-ncx

MESQUITE, Texas - A YouTube video of a police officer using pepper spray on a baby squirrel has sparked outrage in the city of Mesquite, Tx.

A student recorded the incident. In the video, the officer is seen spraying the animal after it began chasing students around at Kimbrough Middle School.

Students are heard begging the cop, reffered to as Officer Davis on the video, to stop with cries of "No!" and "Don't spray him!"

Mesquite Police Department has defended the officer's actions.

Sgt. Wes Talley said the officer stood between a group of students and the animal because he thought it may have been rabid.

Talley said after several unsuccessful attempts to scare the squirrel away, the officer used his pepper spray on it to protect the welfare of the students.

One parent questioned why the students weren't simply moved away from the squirrel.

Two students told Fox 4 in Dallas that a school official had kicked the squirrel before the officer arrived. The district denied that ever happened.

Animal control officers took the squirrel back to the shelter after the incident. It was cared for and released back into the wild, Talley said.

I bet every one of those kids grows up to be a cop-hating PETA liberal...

I pepper sprayed a mouse once..

Comment

Officer was charged with one count of animal cruelty and has been sentenced to do 300 hours of community service by working for PETA.

Comment

Originally posted by Stpn2me View Post
        http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/outr...l-20110408-ncx

Students are heard begging the cop, reffered to as Officer Davis on the video, to stop with cries of "No!" and "Don't spray him!"
        If we learned anything from the "Don't tase me bro!" video, we know that police don't change their gameplan because the people watching them suggest it.

One parent questioned why the students weren't simply moved away from the squirrel.
        I can see it now. "Officer Davis grabbe my son by the shoulders in a harsh manner and told him he must move! He then interrogated my son as to why he wouldn't follow directions. He did all of this without notifying me, his legal guardian, first!

Two students told Fox 4 in Dallas that a school official had kicked the squirrel before the officer arrived. The district denied that ever happened.
        Sounds like the officer saved the children's and the squirrel's life from the maniac teacher.

Comment

Duplicate post: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ine-of-silence...
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Keep on mind the same pool of people who are complaining are the same ones who called 911 over a 'baby squirrel' in the first place.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2620 users online. 140 members and 2480 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X