300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um...He Is Pointing A GUN At You...

Seriously, he is pointing at gun at you and you are still TELLING him to drop it???

wow! I will only say, I hope the shot officer is ok
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Just watched the video and it ****ed me off to no end. I hate to critique other officers but damn. The guy who repeatedly told him to drop the gun, when the gun was already being pointed at him, would have a very difficult time explaining to me why he should still have a job if i was chief. I mean that was really bad. Unreal.
      Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
        Just watched the video and it ****ed me off to no end. I hate to critique other officers but damn. The guy who repeatedly told him to drop the gun, when the gun was already being pointed at him, would have a very difficult time explaining to me why he should still have a job if i was chief. I mean that was really bad. Unreal.
        Ill go as far to say that sometimes, by our OWN inactions we get ourselves hurt. This is a perfect example of such. This is not the Matrix. You can not dodge bullets. It is simply IMPOSSIBLE to react fast enough to someone who has sights on you and has pulled the trigger. That round is already down range. And Im almost certain, if that officer wouldnt have had backup already on the scene, he would be listed on the officer down memorial page. Simply unbelieveable.......

Comment

In the "Squad Room", this video is posted and a forum member advised the officer was hesitant due to people in the bakery behind a-hole suspect.
          still.....
          very sad to hear him ask the other LEO to tell his wife and kids "I love them"....hopefully Im never in that position to make that request
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

According to the other thread on this subject the officer (and he said something on the clip) was worried about the backstop. People in the bakery standing in the windows. The officer was worried about hitting them.

I guess it was his call..............................he was very lucky
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Allegedly, the officer held fire because he did not have a clear background. There were people in the bakery behind the suspect. However, when shots were fired, that seemed to be the point where no-one cared about the background. Did anyone notice the rounds hitting the overheard above the suspect?
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

A very morbid video to say the least! The worst part was obviously when the officer was shot but the part that got me was when the shot officer said to his fellow officer "tell my wife and kids I love em".

I am not yet an officer and will not criticize the officer for his chosen actions but he definitely had a lot of restraint to not shoot the subject sooner.

Comment

Can't fault him for being concerned about the backdrop. He even put it over the air.

What the hell were people in the bakery thinking? The glass would stop the bullets? Dumb.

If I were an unarmed civ, I'd be heading for the back exit!

Whats the protocol on that? Is it officer discretion as to his personal safety v possibility of a backdrop issue?
                  NYPD
                  Exam Taken 10/31/09
                  Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
                  List Number: 5xx

PPB
                  Exam: Passed
                  PAT: Passed
                  Oral Board: Passed
                  Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
                  Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Phouse70 View Post
                    Whats the protocol on that? Is it officer discretion as to his personal safety v possibility of a backdrop issue?
                    There is no "protocol" on that. It's a ****ty, no-win scenario. If he could move a bit to his right or left to try and clear his backdrop.. but we can't see what kind of cover options he's got from the footage. If there were really people in the shop behind the gunman, I can't fault his actions. Takes the balls of a lion to face a long gun at that range and hold fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Phouse70 View Post
                      Can't fault him for being concerned about the backdrop. He even put it over the air.

What the hell were people in the bakery thinking? The glass would stop the bullets? Dumb.

If I were an unarmed civ, I'd be heading for the back exit!

I was on a felony vehicle stop with a convenience store in my background. I had people walking without a care in the world directly behind the suspect while I had my gun pointed at him totally ignoring me and the situation. All they were concerned about was getting inside to get their gas pump started.

Comment

He lost his eye. There is an interview video on Policeone.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          According to the other thread on this subject the officer (and he said something on the clip) was worried about the backstop. People in the bakery standing in the windows. The officer was worried about hitting them.

I guess it was his call..............................he was very lucky
                          The backstop?? He was already pointing a gun at officers. How much more does one need? He shot, they returned fire. Unfourtunately, sometimes those are risks that sometimes must be taken to ensure self preservation.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPig1 View Post
                            I was on a felony vehicle stop with a convenience store in my background. I had people walking without a care in the world directly behind the suspect while I had my gun pointed at him totally ignoring me and the situation. All they were concerned about was getting inside to get their gas pump started.
                            In urban areas you see this quite often. I don't know if its an ignorance of people realizing the danger of the situation or a natural human need to want to see whats going on, especially when seeing the police have someone at gun point. Maybe a combination of both. Even after yelling at people to leave they still want to stand around to watch with the mentality this is America and I can stand where I want too. Could also be the need to want to watch the police shoot someone in self defense so they have a shot at being in the media either condemning the officer or stating they had no choice. Usually its the condemning the officer that the media portrays.

Hopefully the officer has a quick recovery.

Comment

I heard his interview on the Michael Berry show yesterday and he was talking about the fear of hitting the people in the bakery. I admire his concern, but eff that, if some dude is pointing a shotgun at me I'm either unloading on him, or ducking for cover, don't care if there's a busload of nuns behind him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6726 users online. 355 members and 6371 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X