300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can one be a "recruit" and the "acting deputy commander?"

At the -bare- minimum, they need to loose the uniforms, badges, walkie talkies(who would they be talking to, anyways?), "self defense utility tools," and their first aid kits. Nothing should stop them from walking around the parks, reporting suspicious activity, but the "kit" not only makes them a target, it indicates a whacker mentality to me. I understand that this kid wants to be in law enforcement, but this isn't the way to do it.

Not to mention their "badge" uses the Explorer's center seal, which I think the Explorers organization would take some exception to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra259 View Post
      How can one be a "recruit" and the "acting deputy commander?"

At the -bare- minimum, they need to loose the uniforms, badges, walkie talkies(who would they be talking to, anyways?), "self defense utility tools," and their first aid kits. Nothing should stop them from walking around the parks, reporting suspicious activity, but the "kit" not only makes them a target, it indicates a whacker mentality to me. I understand that this kid wants to be in law enforcement, but this isn't the way to do it.

Not to mention their "badge" uses the Explorer's center seal, which I think the Explorers organization would take some exception to.
      Are you suggesting plain clothes details? Not sure if those are in his budget.
      NYPD
      Exam Taken 10/31/09
      Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
      List Number: 5xx

PPB
      Exam: Passed
      PAT: Passed
      Oral Board: Passed
      Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
      Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Phouse70 View Post
        Are you suggesting plain clothes details? Not sure if those are in his budget.
        Haha, I'm suggesting that he not do what he's doing!

Comment

Sounds like someone who REALLY can't wait to be old enough to apply. +1 to everyone above me, kids have good intentions but safety is at question here. If someone above was able to get a pic of their "ID" cards from the internet rather easily, the information is very public. Especially the phone numbers - which at that age, are probably either their parents' phone lines, or their cellphones which are under the parents' names. In this internet age, someone who wants to retaliate against these kids will have no issue in finding them.

They'd be better off organizing a neighborhood watch program.

Comment

Originally posted by mtxpro752 View Post
            I wonder what "level 4 access" gets him. A key to his moms garage?
            Thank you for the laugh. You think they have a secret fort built in a treeline somewhere?

Comment

oh this will end well...

Comment

Their intentions might be good, but they are more of a liability than being resourceful.

Comment

While I agree with pretty much everything that's been said, my overall feeling is one of sadness that there isn't a program to guide/shape/mold this youthful enthusiasm.

When kids are left to their own devices of directing their time/energy/enthusiasm there's just so many ways for it to end up badly. It's a shame that Renton doesn't an Explorer program (perhaps this story will get something going).
                  This Space For Rent

Comment

you could

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                    This ritard has his cell phone number listed on the site.. should I call in tips?
                    call him and invite him to come here O.com. guys here can give him good tips and stern lectures.

pssst, dont tell him about my pitchfork. dont want him to borrow mine!
                    break censorship chains

Comment

Dogo 3 in Renton causing quite the stir-up!
                      T.A.C. officers have constantly wittnessed vehicles being parked blocking driveways, and vehicles driving the wrong way down Williams AVE South in Renton. Where are they coming from? The new Dogo 3 dance/Martial arts School. Accordign to Renton police they are reciving complaints about the loud music that is being heard as late as 9:15 pm! After TAC officers wittnessed this happening almost everyday, the most recent being on the 30th of March. Police were disbatched and contacted the owners of the vehicles and the rowdy unproffesional school about there behavior, warnings were given.
                      Really?

Comment

Originally posted by mtxpro752 View Post
                        I wonder what "level 4 access" gets him. A key to his moms garage?

Ok. If I had seen that before, I wouldn't have bothered to post the story. Sorry. Carry on people

Comment

I think you guys are ignoring a very key issue. If this kid ever does get on, he will never live this down. Ever.

Those IDs will show up at his retirement dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Chomp View Post
                            I think you guys are ignoring a very key issue. If this kid ever does get on, he will never live this down. Ever.

Those IDs will show up at his retirement dinner.
                            No kidding, this will come back to haunt him... Seriously, I understand he has good intentions, but what dang what a tool lol.

I just hope he doesn't get himself killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd_jones View Post
                              Really?
                              bahahaha - disbatch. That's what the team is missing - their own disbatcher.

Comment

Nothing good can come of this.

I am all for plainclothes neighborhood watch with cell phones ready to call 911 then sit back and we a good witness. maybe even discreet video of the crime turned over to the police to use in court.
                                Uniforms. someone will see him get beat and call an officer assist. Then the po po come and find out it's the tac commander . Nothing good can come of this

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4557 users online. 248 members and 4309 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X