300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops bust Ohio man for barking at police dog; man insists 'dog started it'

Cops have charged a drunken Ohio man with taunting a poor police dog by barking in its face.

Officers had been investigating a car accident Sunday at a bar in Mason, Ohio, when they heard their K9 partner - named Timber - barking from inside a police cruiser.

When they returned to the car they found a highly intoxicated Ryan James Stephens, 25, barking and hissing at the pooch through the window.

"Timber responded as trained and started to bark," Officer Bradley Walker wrote in his report.

Stephens insisted, "The dog started it."

He was given a ticket and released to the custody of a bar employee who drove him home.
    I heard that he told the bar employee he had a ruff night!
    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

It's illegal to bark at a dog?

Comment

Did he get a barking ticket?

Comment

I don't believe that's illegal. He was probably cited for public intoxication or something of that nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
          I don't believe that's illegal. He was probably cited for public intoxication or something of that nature.
          Some states have an 'annoying a police dog' section in their penal code....which another article stated is what he was arrested for.
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
            Some states have an 'annoying a police dog' section in their penal code....which another article stated is what he was arrested for.
            lol.. seriously? Do they have 'annoying a cop' section too? ha.

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
              lol.. seriously? Do they have 'annoying a cop' section too? ha.
              I wish......there would LOTS of arrests for it though......
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Iowa does

Still reminds me of Hill St Blues and Belker
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

In Michigan it is illegal to harass a police dog...we had a drunk do the same to one of our k9's and he was given a ride to jail by a deputy instead of a citation and a ride home.

Comment

He's just getting that insanity defense started early. Oh, and even if the dog started it, I gaurantee you he will finish it too.
                    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                      I heard that he told the bar employee he had a ruff night!
                      The irony, is that the story gives the upper hand to the dog. As regards IQ, the dog did what he was trained to do and Mr. Stephens.....well you get the picture.
                      Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
                      ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
                      ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
                      — Horace Mann

Comment

Maybe the Officers were wrong about this, maybe the guy was giving a McGruff some tips on illegal activity in the area.
                        Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

I believe we're getting one this legislative session. Should take effect September 1.

Comment

LOL I don't think I could consciously cite that guy..

Comment

Originally posted by irish21 View Post
                              LOL I don't think I could consciously cite that guy..
                              Yea, the article is somewhat funny, but I really don't see the point. He made the dog bark while he was in the back of the car... big deal. I would understand if the intent was to cause injury to the dog. I guess I should look up the wording for one of these statutes because I must be missing something

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3761 users online. 200 members and 3561 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X