300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Called 911 To Avoid DUI Charge

Police in Illinois said a passenger allegedly tried to distract officers with a 911 call about people with guns outside of a bar during a traffic stop.

Orland Park police said they pulled over Brian Elitzer, 25, at about 3 a.m. Sunday on suspicion of driving under the influence and passenger Stephen Fratto, 24, called 911 during the traffic stop to report men with guns outside of Zante's in Orland Hills, the Chicago Southtownstar reported Tuesday.

Police said the 911 dispatcher could hear the officer conducting the traffic stop during the call and became suspicious. Police accused Fratto of making a false 911 call to attempt to distract the officers and prevent Elitzer from being charged.

However, Elitzer was cited for driving under the influence and Fratto was arrested and charged with false reporting of an offense.

That's hilarious. Obstruction charge would work here in MD, too.

Comment

nothing but a car full of idiots.
      He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Comment

Beavis & Butt Head popped into my mind lol
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

You know that made perfect sense to him as he was probably rocked out of his mind. "Oh, dude, I got an idea!" LOL

Comment

Good job on the dispatcher.
            Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Point and laugh!!!!
              Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
              I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
              Originally posted by weinerdog2000
              as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

I have talked to someone who claims he got away like this. The officers were forced to abandon the traffic stop to respond to the high priority call. The guy told me he keeps a prepaid cell phone in his car at all times now, just-in-case. Just what he said, but it seems reasonably possible.

Comment

I'm thinking it would be entirely feasible to run with a felony Reckless Endangerment charge if the fake report is such that an Officer would respond lights and sirens.

-V

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3226 users online. 181 members and 3045 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X