X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redders
    replied
    Originally posted by ryker View Post
    Nor should I be forced to pay for teachers high salaries and sweet pensions.
    What would your salary and pension look like as a public employee if the teachers thought the same as you?

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied
    Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
    I don't have any children and have paid for public schools too, it bothered me until I realized that it is to my benefit that the children get a good education. They are the ones that will be my doctors, police, firefighters, politicians and everything else, children are our future. Even tho we don't have our own it is our responsibility to give them the best education we can.

It is the parent's responsibility to teach them to be honest and non violent people.
    Your assuming every kid put into public school graduates and then moves on to become sucessfull members of society.

Review the history of public education and know that doctors, lawyers, firemen etc etc was educated without massive amounts of public taxation to pay for plump teacher salaries and pensions. For what really amounts to public daycare while the parents are at work.

My dad went to a one room school house-- compared to our local highschool which looks like a ski resort.

I agree with you to a degree. However, I don't agree with how much I have to pay for kids to attend school and **** it away. Nor should I be forced to pay for teachers high salaries and sweet pensions.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    "The police pepper sprayed an 8 year old!" instead of "An 8 year old was acting out so badly he got pepper sprayed!".
    It's always in the wording and the articulation by the author. You know where his opinion was on the matter.

All I know was The Unabomber, Timothy Mcvain, Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dalmer all had in common. This makes national news yet I barley hear a thing about the increased LOD this year.. I'm just saying

Leave a comment:

• Michigan
    replied
    Pepper spray or hands on.... I guarantee if they went hands on the kid would of unintentionally been injured. What if this kid had a gun....? I hope both him and his mother realize that we deal with deadly force with deadly force, regardless of the person's age, race, gender, sex or mental capacity.

As a parent if you don't want your kids to have a negative encounter with the police, then it's up to you to prevent it. If you don't deal with it your way, we'll deal with it ours.

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    even the kid said he kind of deserved it...

Leave a comment:

• NYCDep
    replied
    I think it would have been more useful to tase the mom then to spray the kid.

Leave a comment:

• Justsaying
    replied
    The brat admitted he wanted to kill them and hurt them. Maybe the reason he doesn't go off at home is she gives him what he wants because she is afraid of him. Is there a dad? I have a feeling we will hear more about him in the future, I hope is doesn't involve him killing others but I have a feeling it will.

Leave a comment:

• Justsaying
    replied
    What irks me to no end is that I have to pay school taxes yet we (wife and I) will never have kids. Worse yet is the homeowners with 50k value houses don't pay any taxes for school.

What amounts to free daycare and not education. If those parents can't parent then it's not my damn duty to pay higher taxes!

I don't have any children and have paid for public schools too, it bothered me until I realized that it is to my benefit that the children get a good education. They are the ones that will be my doctors, police, firefighters, politicians and everything else, children are our future. Even tho we don't have our own it is our responsibility to give them the best education we can.

It is the parent's responsibility to teach them to be honest and non violent people.

Leave a comment:

• jd08
    replied
    Deleted...
    Last edited by jd08; 09-30-2013, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The_Lor
    replied
    Strikes me as a better outcome for the boy then waiting until he actually tried to kill an officer and got himself shot.

Leave a comment:

• willowdared
    replied
    I noticed Mom said "doctors" so I'm thinking they may have been given a diagnosis but were not happy and kept changing doctors.

Meredith on the Today show also called out Mom in her interview.

This was the kid's third police contact

Leave a comment:

• btfp
    replied
    And....

You have people not in public safety screaming about a decision made. Put them in the same situation and they ( if they were not a cop) would call 911. If they were a cop they would do the same thing and think the officers did nothing wrong.

I can see how oc'ing an 8 year old can be perceived as excessive, unless you were there. Even on tv they asked him did you want to hurt/kill the officers? he replied / A little. That kid needs help and needs it now. he does not need to be paraded around the morning talk show circuit.

Leave a comment:

• codemanski
    replied
    What irks me to no end is that I have to pay school taxes yet we (wife and I) will never have kids. Worse yet is the homeowners with 50k value houses don't pay any taxes for school.

What amounts to free daycare and not education. If those parents can't parent then it's not my damn duty to pay higher taxes!
    How is it a 50K homeowner doesn't pay any school tax? How can that Be? (Just askin!)
    Last edited by codemanski; 04-06-2011, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Even my WIFE thought the officers were correct in their actions.

I had a hard time listening to the GMA interview with my wife commenting on both child and Mommy............................and she wasn't being complimentary.

I also thought the GMA interviewer did an excellent job in not taking the child's side.

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2958 users online. 207 members and 2751 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X