300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    Like when school is closed? I think they all go in knowing when, what's to complain about?
    I dont' hear anyone complaining except you and ryker.

The fact is still the fact-------------------------you get to pick your vacations, they don't.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      I dont' hear anyone complaining except you and ryker.

The fact is still the fact-------------------------you get to pick your vacations, they don't.
      How am I complaining by pointing out the facts? If you seek a job with a known vacation period, and a long one at that, how is that a flaw?

Comment

Originally posted by ryker View Post
        Teachers often do have the ability to work over-time. They get paid extra for early classes, late classes, study sessions, and remedial summer school. Also sports.

Best part is they get vacation weeks in addition to every holiday off. Winter break and long summer breaks.
        They have scheduled time each day for prep work and grading. It's also not uncommon for students to grade each other. Computer scan sheets.... Or "watch this video tape" for an hour while the teacher does other things.

I'm ok with all of it: just don't make childless people fund it through mandated taxation.

No extra pay here, planning half period is taken away by meetings almost every day, mandatory after school meetings once a week until 6pm, she works about two hours a night on school work, goes in on every other Saturdays to work in her class, all for no extra pay. They are not allowed to show tapes without approval (rarely happens), even the ones the school pays for in the science kits…

BTW, I’m not a fan of the government run public education system either and whish it was replaced by a capitalist system, but your full of BS.
        Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Teachers often do have the ability to work over-time. They get paid extra for early classes, late classes, study sessions, and remedial summer school. Also sports. ...
          Emphasis added

Where are you getting your information? In my experience, "often" is a stretch. Perhaps 1 teacher per elementary school can get paid extra for some extra activity. That's 1 out of every 30 (at the best) elementary school teachers. Sure there are more in MS and HS, but still it's not a majority.

Imagine in LE if only specialty assignments got overtime opportunities (SWAT, FTO, K9, etc). Anyone else didn't get OT. That's what it's like in public education. Sure, some do get OT, but most don't. How do you figure "often?" What's your personal experience with K-12 public education other than a taxpayer? Are/were you or your wife in the public schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Thank you Mr Security Guard.

If you note------------------EVERY trained, sworn officer on this forum that has answered has stated they would not have gone hands on ....................
            Yes, and if you'll notice, I never said anything about a sworn Police Officer taking charge, I asked why one of the "Adults" already present didn't...

LEO's have better things to attend to than a belligerent schoolchild; If the parents had brought the child up better, this whole incident would have been a non-issue...

But, I do thank you for at least calling MISTER Security guard...
            "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left..."
            "I swear to God, I'm gonna pistol whip the next guy who says 'Shenanigans' !"

Comment

So teachers don't get earned vacation days above and beyond the summer amd winter breaks?

Employees accrue paid vacation starting with 10 hours per month, 12 hours per month after 5 years, up to 14 hours per month after 10 years.

Again I don't mind teachers getting paid well- just question why childless homes must pay for it!
              Last edited by ryker; 04-09-2011, 10:06 AM.
              Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by hopperja View Post
                Emphasis added

Where are you getting your information? In my experience, "often" is a stretch. Perhaps 1 teacher per elementary school can get paid extra for some extra activity. That's 1 out of every 30 (at the best) elementary school teachers. Sure there are more in MS and HS, but still it's not a majority.

Imagine in LE if only specialty assignments got overtime opportunities (SWAT, FTO, K9, etc). Anyone else didn't get OT. That's what it's like in public education. Sure, some do get OT, but most don't. How do you figure "often?" What's your personal experience with K-12 public education other than a taxpayer? Are/were you or your wife in the public schools?
                http://www.fldoe.org/ARM/files/Teacher_Pay_Review.pdf

In Fla there are over 15 different ways. See page 37.
                Base pay, bonus pay, extra pay and headcount pay. Can range to
                An extra 10k per teacher in Fla. See page 36 for the amounts.
                Last edited by ryker; 04-09-2011, 11:18 AM.
                Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

So teachers don't get earned vacation days above and beyond the summer amd winter breaks?

Employees accrue paid vacation starting with 10 hours per month, 12 hours per month after 5 years, up to 14 hours per month after 10 years.

Again I don't mind teachers getting paid well- just question why childless homes must pay for it!

Do you often use the county road system? Even if it is on the other side of the county and you've never been in that area? Same concept.
                  Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                  I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                  Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                  as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Not even close to the same. As I could use the county roads if I wanted. Then such road taxation is based on the amount I drive using fuel taxes.

Yet the amount I pay for your kids school is based on how nice my house is. This summer when I add a garage i will then e taxed MoRe. All the while parents get nice fat tax breaks on income taxes.

Don't mind paying a small amount to help your kids and maybe if they become productive members of society then perhaps it's worth it. Just don't see why I must pay for school taxes for the next 60yrs. My wife and I will never have kids. and for damn sure don't like paying for kids like this!
                    Last edited by ryker; 04-09-2011, 11:29 AM.

nom de plume

Comment

Not even close to the same. As I could use the county roads if I wanted. Then such road taxation is based on the amount I drive using fuel taxes.

Yet the amount I pay for your kids school is based on how nice my house is. This summer when I add a garage i will then e taxed MoRe. All the while parents get nice fat tax breaks on income taxes.
                      O
                      Don't mind paying a small amount to help your kids and maybe if they become productive members of society then perhaps it's worth it. Just don't see why I must pay for school taxes for the next 60yrs. My wife and I will never have kids. and for damn sure don't like paying for kids like this!
                      It is what it is. Education is a part of the community. You just refuse to see that. You pay for police and fire without using them. You pay for roads wihout using them as well as other infrastructure.
                      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I actually agree with Ryker.
                        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Stpn2me View Post
                          I see the mom and other's keep complaining that the teachers and cops werent trained to handle a "special" child. Funny, I thought we trained teachers to teach, not administer to retard kids...
                          was my first thought as well. funny how everyone needs a class on how to parent her brat except her....
                          Originally posted by crass cop
                          Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

But some one educated by the school system you pay taxes to will never provide you a service at some point?
                            Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                            I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                            Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                            as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Just more politically correct bs. The police would of never had to come if the mom had properly raised her child with values such as respect and good behavior etiquette. The police would of never had to come if someone at the school had the stones to discipline and set ground rules for that child. So the police show up and do the only reasonable act and get hammered for it. Its a slippery slope and society slipped a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                                I bet when you went to the confessional, the Priests saw you coming and you had to do a gazillion Hail Mary's. Am I right, LOL?
                                You know it's bad when you walk in and kneel down and the priest goes uhhnnn, not you again...

eta (I think we're hijacking this thread... )
                                It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                                Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4191 users online. 286 members and 3905 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X