• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^

What did you do??? LOL

I never made it to the priest..
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

The kid is just plain nuts, and no history of discipline. When I was a small kid (1970's)the neighbors were all older than my parents, and they all assumed they had grandparents rights to discipline, and much to MY surprise, they DID :-). One older guy a few doors down had a retaining wall in his front yard that ran along the sidewalk.. started out at nothing high and went up to about 36" high in a taper. Made of flat stones stacked with some stuff growing from between them, viny succulent stuff. Well we kids would walk up that wall....one day he told me not to, and I smart asterisked back at him, he grabbed me by the EAR and drug me home. All the while I was thinking "boy is HE gonna get it when we get there".......WRONG.......I got it when we got there.

And he was not a mean old man, he was just an adult that did not take back talk from kids. He would end up arrested in this day and age. He had been a high school shop teacher for a long time before he retired. Him telling about the 60's was highly amusing...all the students started making things to hold pills and weed in shop class, puzzled the heck out of him :-).
      Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Matt View Post
        My wife’s teacher pension will be 1.3% per year @ age 60, and as a 12 year teacher makes $40k…

Teachers at the Middle school she worked last year would get into trouble for writing to many referrals, and this year, her elementary school like the middle, the principle takes the parents side against the teacher who is being unfair to little Tommy, he's the victim, the teacher is always wrong and if you don’t like it find another job…
        As far as the income goes, nearly 4 grand a month is excellent wages, especially in this economy. As far as the job goes, she still gets a check, correct?

Comment

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/424499...-today_people/

There is a poll at the bottom of the page, current'y runnning 75% in favor to 25% against the actuions of the LPD officers. Yay, only 25% of Today show viewers are total retards (who would be crying a lot louder if LPD did something different and ended up hurting the boy). That progress at least.
          ~Gun control has always been about punishing the people that didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

Best part of the one interview I listened to was when the mom said, "I'm sure what he was doing was probably bad, but they didn't have to treat him like a common criminal..."

Hey lady, keep on giving into him and that's all he's gonna be.
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
              I'm not sure where you live, but the majority of teachers do not make high salaries, nor do they have "sweet" pensions. They are also required by many school districts to continue their education...many require not just a teaching certificate, but bachelor's and master's degrees. They also spend their own money on school supplies, not to mention spend hours of their own time developing lesson plans, grading papers and helping struggling students.
              He tends to go on rants. Teachers are being furloughed and fired all the time in GA. They are far from overpaid and have to do all of the same things you mentioned. He is always negative about others making money and how crappy he has it.

I don't have kids school age yet. I have never used fire or EMS services. I pay for roads I never travel. I help fund hospitals I never go to.

Teachers are very important. They are educating our youth that will grow up to be our leaders one day. Counties/cities that have a strong education system are the areas that have the lower crime rates, higher home values, and a better quality of life.

Comment

I wonder what the people that are defending the brat will say after he takes a gun to school and kills people? Want to bet it will be why didn't the school do anything, have him removed or why didn't the police do anything.
                It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                  Teachers are very important. They are educating our youth that will grow up to be our leaders one day. Counties/cities that have a strong education system are the areas that have the lower crime rates, higher home values, and a better quality of life.
                  Are you saying that it's because of the schools? I believe that it's the value system of the local community, schools being a reflection of their value system. Teachers are very important but they get put on pedestals a bit too much. Here, they regularly strike illegally a week before school starts, putting pressure on parents who have to work and suddenly have to make alternative plans for the kids, impossible of course in that number and time frame.

Unfortunately, in many (most?) places it is a highly political atmosphere to work in these days that uses public money to work against the public's best interest.

That doesn't mean that plenty of teachers don't work hard for the kids best interests but the system is far from doing the same.

Comment

Wish they had tased the little f---er! He looks like he could use some shock therapy!
                    -If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame-

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                      As far as the income goes, nearly 4 grand a month is excellent wages, especially in this economy. As far as the job goes, she still gets a check, correct?
                      Funny, I put 40k at just over 3k a month. And that's after 12 years. That's about $13 an hour, if teachers only worked a 40 hour work week.

The average income for most people with a bachelor's is 55k...master's is 75k

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/...lary/by_Degree

Average teacher's salary:

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/...eachers/Salary
                      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                        Are you saying that it's because of the schools? I believe that it's the value system of the local community, schools being a reflection of their value system. Teachers are very important but they get put on pedestals a bit too much. Here, they regularly strike illegally a week before school starts, putting pressure on parents who have to work and suddenly have to make alternative plans for the kids, impossible of course in that number and time frame.

Unfortunately, in many (most?) places it is a highly political atmosphere to work in these days that uses public money to work against the public's best interest.

That doesn't mean that plenty of teachers don't work hard for the kids best interests but the system is far from doing the same.
                        I'm saying that a strong education system is an integral part of it. I don't understand what a 'value system' is? What do you think the biggest factor is in attracting 'people of value'? What about the effect of school systems on property values? If property values can hold on that means funding for all public employees and services are less likely to be cut.

People relocate to specific school districts. Good school districts keep home values up because the demand is always there. Steady home values lead to better public safety funding which directly affects crime rates.

Teachers don't strike in GA. Do you know why they strike? If it's illegal why are they allowed to do it?

All public service positions are highly political. And there are bad apples in every profession. I'm speaking for my county only, but bad teachers don't last because there is such active involvement from the community that it wouldn't be tolerated.

Comment

If teachers are making more than police and fire somewhere, I say raise the public safety pay not lower the teacher pay. In an area that officers are paid more should we cut their benefits to be equal with other public employees or should we be happy for them?

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                            Funny, I put 40k at just over 3k a month. And that's after 12 years. That's about $13 an hour, if teachers only worked a 40 hour work week.
                            They don't work 12 months out of the year.
                            The average income for most people with a bachelor's is 55k...master's is 75k
                            A BA degree isn't exactly uncommon but even so, they should know the salary before they look for the job. You also need to figure in a few months of earnings for an comparable annual salary. Most teachers I know went for it because they could enjoy summers off. Others have summer jobs.

Comment

I don't mind teachers making good money. Just question why I have to pay taxes for your kids. Review your local county budgets and you'll see the largest source of taxation is for the bloated school budget. I don't mind paying some amount for an effective school system. But I darn sure don't agree with funding what amounts to 10yrs of public daycare untill that student drops out or gets kicked out.
                              Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by ryker View Post
                                I don't mind teachers making good money. Just question why I have to pay taxes for your kids. Review your local county budgets and you'll see the largest source of taxation is for the bloated school budget. I don't mind paying some amount for an effective school system. But I darn sure don't agree with funding what amounts to 10yrs of public daycare untill that student drops out or gets kicked out.
                                For the same reason people who have never called the police pay for your salary and benefits. Or roads...or anything else that society as a whole needs.
                                For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4109 users online. 295 members and 3814 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X