Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pepper spray or hands on.... I guarantee if they went hands on the kid would of unintentionally been injured. What if this kid had a gun....? I hope both him and his mother realize that we deal with deadly force with deadly force, regardless of the person's age, race, gender, sex or mental capacity.

As a parent if you don't want your kids to have a negative encounter with the police, then it's up to you to prevent it. If you don't deal with it your way, we'll deal with it ours.

Comment

"The police pepper sprayed an 8 year old!" instead of "An 8 year old was acting out so badly he got pepper sprayed!".
      It's always in the wording and the articulation by the author. You know where his opinion was on the matter.

All I know was The Unabomber, Timothy Mcvain, Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dalmer all had in common. This makes national news yet I barley hear a thing about the increased LOD this year.. I'm just saying
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
        I don't have any children and have paid for public schools too, it bothered me until I realized that it is to my benefit that the children get a good education. They are the ones that will be my doctors, police, firefighters, politicians and everything else, children are our future. Even tho we don't have our own it is our responsibility to give them the best education we can.

It is the parent's responsibility to teach them to be honest and non violent people.
        Your assuming every kid put into public school graduates and then moves on to become sucessfull members of society.

Review the history of public education and know that doctors, lawyers, firemen etc etc was educated without massive amounts of public taxation to pay for plump teacher salaries and pensions. For what really amounts to public daycare while the parents are at work.

My dad went to a one room school house-- compared to our local highschool which looks like a ski resort.

I agree with you to a degree. However, I don't agree with how much I have to pay for kids to attend school and **** it away. Nor should I be forced to pay for teachers high salaries and sweet pensions.
        Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by ryker View Post
          Nor should I be forced to pay for teachers high salaries and sweet pensions.
          What would your salary and pension look like as a public employee if the teachers thought the same as you?
          Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
          I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
          Originally posted by weinerdog2000
          as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

About 7 dollars an hour less than National LE average, that's what my pay looks like.

LE serves the whole community. Public schools really only serve a small portion of the community. Those that don't have kids or those that pays for private school still must pay taxes into something they don't get equal benifit from.
            Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

I'm sorry for the poltics on taxation- but yesterday my house payment increased 50.00 or 600.00/yr for increases to pay for schools. Not to mention the extra .01 sales tax primarly for the school. I've got to work over 9 days Each year to pay the increase in school taxes. Taxes for a system that I have no kids in. My parents and grandparents still pay property taxes. All three of my neighbors pays for schools and don't have kids.

The public school taxation is massive! That's what got me irked. We buy used junk cars for patrol. Carry. Shotgun older than I am... Yet teachers roll it in. Weekends off. Holidays off. Summer months off.

Again I'm sorry but the tax hike has me ticked off. Don't mind paying some amount but there has to be a line.

nom de plume

Comment

About 7 dollars an hour less than National LE average, that's what my pay looks like.

LE serves the whole community. Public schools really only serve a small portion of the community. Those that don't have kids or those that pays for private school still must pay taxes into something they don't get equal benifit from.
                Hmmmm same as me.

So should LE services be privatized as well as school systems? That way it would be fair?
                Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

There is more to the story.

Eight-year-old Aidan Elliott had thrown a TV and chairs at his Colorado elementary school and was trying to use a cart to bust through a door to an office where teachers and other students fled for safety.
                  No one could calm the boy, not even the staff in a program for children with behavior problems like him. So they called police, who had intervened with Aidan twice before.
                  Police found him with a foot-long piece of wood trim with a knife-like point in one hand and a cardboard box in the other.
                  "Come get me, f-----," he said.
                  When they couldn't calm him down, one squirted Aidan with pepper spray. He blocked it with the cardboard box.

A second squirt hit the youngster in the side of the head, and down he went, according to an account of the Feb. 22 standoff in a police report first obtained by KUSA-TV.
                  Aidan and his mother went on national talk shows on Wednesday to say using pepper spray on an unruly 8-year-old was too much.

Police and officials at Glennon Heights Elementary in Lakewood, Colo., say it could've been worse.
                  "Had the officers chosen to be hands-on with him, the potential for him getting some type of injury and, maybe even officers, would have been much higher," police spokesman Steve Davis said.
                  "It was the best choice made," he said.

Aidan started acting up while on the bus to school, the police report said. He began screaming and then continued after breakfast while throwing chairs at his teachers.
                  "He was being very aggressive, very violent," said Melissa Reeves, the school district spokeswoman.
                  There were eight students with Aidan in the classroom, Reeves said, and teachers removed them after he became violent. They barricaded themselves in an office, as he tried to bust in, Davis said.
                  Aidan was swearing and shouting expletives at his teachers and threatening them, Davis said. He taunted police when they arrived.

"I wanted to make something sharp, like if they came out, 'cause I was so mad at them," the boy said on NBC's "Today" show. "I was going to try to whack them with it."
                  After hitting him with the second squirt, officers took Aidan outside for some fresh air to help dissipate the spray. Paramedics were treating his red, irritated face with cool water when his mother arrived.
                  According to the report, Mandy Elliott asked her son what he did.
                  When he told her he had been hit with pepper spray, she is quoted as saying, "Well, you probably deserved it."

It wasn't the first time officers had been called to pacify Aidan, Davis said. They'd been able to talk him down in two other incidents.

On Wednesday, Mandy Elliott said she wished authorities had chosen to talk him down. She also wanted police to get special training in dealing with children. Aidan has since transferred to another school.
                  When asked about the pepper spray and what he did, Aidan said: "I kind of deserved it."
                  ___

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/06...#ixzz1Imz4Xxat
                  It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

The idiot mom getting on Good Morning America is no mystery. The mainstream media never misses an opportunity to dump on the cops and give a retard her fifteen minutes of fame. Unless the current behavior trend is reversed,in less than ten years, Mom can cry to GMA how the brutal cops shot and killed her baby.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                      The idiot mom getting on Good Morning America is no mystery. The mainstream media never misses an opportunity to dump on the cops and give a retard her fifteen minutes of fame. Unless the current behavior trend is reversed,in less than ten years, Mom can cry to GMA how the brutal cops shot and killed her baby.
                      I thought Vargas did a pretty good job with both mom and son this morning............................
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

This is a no win situation. The officer used OC and everyone said "why did he have topepper spray a second grader?!?!!?!?" If the officer went hands on and took the kid down, everyone would have said, "he's only a second grader! why did the officer need to 'throw' him to the ground. Couldn't he have just used his pepper spray or something?"
                        Everybody counts or no one counts.
                        -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
                        -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Your assuming every kid put into public school graduates and then moves on to become sucessfull members of society.

Review the history of public education and know that doctors, lawyers, firemen etc etc was educated without massive amounts of public taxation to pay for plump teacher salaries and pensions. For what really amounts to public daycare while the parents are at work.

My dad went to a one room school house-- compared to our local highschool which looks like a ski resort.

I agree with you to a degree. However, I don't agree with how much I have to pay for kids to attend school and **** it away. Nor should I be forced to pay for teachers high salaries and sweet pensions.
                          I'm not sure where you live, but the majority of teachers do not make high salaries, nor do they have "sweet" pensions. They are also required by many school districts to continue their education...many require not just a teaching certificate, but bachelor's and master's degrees. They also spend their own money on school supplies, not to mention spend hours of their own time developing lesson plans, grading papers and helping struggling students.
                          Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

This kid was playing with the teachers keys today at my kids school, and the teacher had pepper spray that "looked like a flash light" the room was evac'd, kids were coughing up blood 2 kids got sprayed and the teacher.. EMS was not called..

Comment

Sounds like a good test subject for this.
                              http://www.thetotaltransformation.com
                              Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

It's a shame that with so many adults around the police had to be called. I would have liked to ask the mom how many whacks she gave the brat when she got him home. "None, you say? How's that working out?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2919 users online. 146 members and 2773 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X