Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hero Police Dog Killed

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...=news/national

A heroic police dog in the state of Washington was brutally killed in the line of duty this weekend during a struggle with a heartless car thief.

The black Dutch shepherd, Kane, was chasing hooligan Keegan Graves shortly after midnight on Saturday in Vancouver, Wash., after he and a female pal tried to ram a police vehicle in a stolen car, police said.

Kane, who was trained to bite and hold fleeing crooks, had run down the 31-year-year old Graves when the punk struck with a knife, stabbing the deputy K-9 several times, cops said.

The dog was rushed to a local animal hospital, where he died from his injuries.

Cops eventually caught the creep and his 22-year-old accomplice, Natasa Cresap.

He was charged with harming a police dog, attempting to elude an officer and theft, police said.

Kane had worked for the sheriff's office since 2005 and was a decorated member of the force.

He and his partner were one of the few K-9 teams certified to fly harnessed below helicopters while tethered with a rope, according The Columbian newspaper.

The team had received an award from the Office of National Drug Control Police for their work busting up marijuana growing operations in 2008.

More than 300,000 pot plants were seized in the operations.

The hero pooch was scheduled to retire in 2012, The Columbian said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1Igo05Dmk

What charges would apply to the cretin who stabbed the dog? Are the penalties strict?
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
    — Horace Mann

So you're 31 years old thief and you steal a car and get caught. Now heres someone should start to cut their loses and just give up, but no you commit aggr assault which is worse then the original crime you committed in the first place. You then flee from the police and stab a police dog some people are just so stupid.

Comment

Class C felony for harming a police dog. 5 years max according to statute.
      "Did that hurt? It looked like it hurt"

Comment

this is just horrible!!! I hope when this jerk off lands in state prison he will get stabbed over and over and over like he did to K-9 Kane.. My heart goes out to the untire Sheriffs department for loosing one of there partners!

Comment

Shouldn't this be in the officer's down section? Technically the dog was an officer.

This is very unfortunate though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinister_kid View Post
            Shouldn't this be in the officer's down section? Technically the dog was an officer.

This is very unfortunate though.
            No. And not to take away from police K9's, but I would be very hesitant to ever consider a dog a hero.

I do hope that Washington does have a law that offers more punishment for killing a police K9.

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
              No. And not to take away from police K9's, but I would be very hesitant to ever consider a dog a hero.

I do hope that Washington does have a law that offers more punishment for killing a police K9.
              At my citizen's academy class last week we had a K9 officer presenter. These dogs truly are amazing, as their handlers. Someone asked if the officer could do anything if the "bad guy" starts hurting the dog, and the short answer for that was "not really".

It makes sense from the legal standpoint, but man, that has to be tought to go through as a handler.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3674 users online. 184 members and 3490 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X