300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu Police: Man run over by tour bus after stealing beer

A man, fleeing on foot after stealing two 12-packs of beer, died after being run over by a tour bus in Waikiki last night, police said.

The 21-year-old man, with no local address, was running away after stealing the beer from the ABC store at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki hotel when he tripped and fell at about 10:37 p.m., police said. The man dropped the beer on Koa Street and kept running, but tripped again.

Police said a yellow MCI tour bus, owned by Travel Plaza Transportation, had just made a legal right turn and the man fell under the rear wheel of the bus and was dragged 100 feet.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...ling_beer.html

All for some beer

Comment

Should have just grabbed an 18 pack, he might have been more nimble

Comment

That's what happens when you steal other man's beer.

Comment

Was the beer okay?
          "Did that hurt? It looked like it hurt"

Comment

I got off work early yesterday and took a much needed nap......woke up & hit Taco Bell....and rolled by the scene about 20 mins after it happen.....

HPD guys on scene said it was a mess..... Worst part is a poor bus driver is now tramuatized for life because of this jackass.....

Comment

Bearcat,

You sure he didn't steal your beer and you helped him to trip over in front of the bus? j/k

How are you doing my friend?

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                You sure he didn't steal your beer and you helped him to trip over in front of the bus?
                I drink better beer than what he apparently grabbed....

How are you doing my friend?
                Good.... waiting for the late "winter" thunderstorm move in this afternoon/tonight..... Possibilty of hail here and snow on the BI in the Mona Loa and Mona Kea areas.....

Comment

Bearcat,

Go to the local Korean market and grab few bottles of Korean OB beer and enjoy the storm.

Comment

Bearcat,

Go to the local Korean market and grab few bottles of Korean OB beer and enjoy the storm.
                    I've got a case of Kona Longboard that needs drank....

Korean markets cost to much.....I go to Safeway or Foodland....

Comment

Kona Longboard........... I had that while visiting Maui back in February. Good stuff. You think Korean markets cost too much? Wait til you either date or marry a Korean woman and they'll show you the real meaning of high maintenance.

Comment

Wait til you either date or marry a Korean woman and they'll show you the real meaning of high maintenance.
                        BTDT back in DC.... I'd rather not again.... but you never know...

Kona Brewery has a place about 5-6 miles from my house. They make the stuff there for the draught.... Yummy stuff plus decent food....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

Good.... waiting for the late "winter" thunderstorm move in this afternoon/tonight..... Possibilty of hail here and snow on the BI in the Mona Loa and Mona Kea areas.....
                          Whoa..how high up does it have to be for snow? Granted, it is a rather big mountain.

Anyway, I'm practicing for my Commercial Drivers License in one of those things. They do not mess around when something gets in the way.

Wrong place at the wrong time for the guy too - just think, out of about 1,500 ABC stores in Waikiki he chooses to shoplift from that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                            BTDT back in DC.... I'd rather not again.... but you never know...

Kona Brewery has a place about 5-6 miles from my house. They make the stuff there for the draught.... Yummy stuff plus decent food....
                            Beer with Kalbi is excellent. In fact, I think I'm going to head out to Flushing tonight and get some Kalbi with OB beer.

Comment

Originally posted by AK_Alex View Post
                              Whoa..how high up does it have to be for snow?

Mona Kea is 13,796 feet....and Mona Loa is 13,676 feet.... Not sure where the snow line is......

Originally posted by AK_Alex View Post
                              Wrong place at the wrong time for the guy too - just think, out of about 1,500 ABC stores in Waikiki he chooses to shoplift from that one.
                              There are buses everywhere....I usually avoid Kalakaua Ave as much as possible because of it. Plus, they are doing street work out here....so it's a pain to get through......

This dumbass is just that..... a dumbass that is now the 14th traffic fatality this year on Oahu.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3432 users online. 229 members and 3203 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X