Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Android App

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes:

I created an Android App for traffic cops. Includes various crash formulas, VIN decoder, links to all 50 state traffic codes online, USDOT Company Snapshot, ERG 2008 and more.

It can be found at:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Thanks...and if this post needs to be moved to a more relevant area, feel free to move it.
    Dig
    Never...EVER...do anything to encourage a mime!

Yes more relevant would be an I-phone app. Please, thanks,
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Wow! Wish I was a cop again just to use it.
      Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

An Iphone app like this would be amazing and probably well worth shelling out some money for. If you wanted to venture into the ios operating system.

Comment

USA cop is a good one and we have a really good one by the same developer called Ohio cop. It's got EVERYTHING. Crash formula's, Spanish for cops, 4th ammendment stuff. I don't know about the USA cop one but if it's anything like the Ohio version, it's a must have.
          "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
          I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
            Yes more relevant would be an I-phone app. Please, thanks,
            Pff, there will be more Androids than iPhones in another year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Chomp View Post
              There are more Kias on the road then Ferraris, Doesnt mean the Kia is better.

Comment

Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
                USA cop is a good one and we have a really good one by the same developer called Ohio cop. It's got EVERYTHING. Crash formula's, Spanish for cops, 4th ammendment stuff. I don't know about the USA cop one but if it's anything like the Ohio version, it's a must have.
                U.S.A. Cop is one of my favorite apps on my android.

To OP, I have been searching the market for your app and can't find it. I would love to check it out.

Comment

According to the news today, Android is 33% of the smartphone market and Apple only holds 25%

Comment

Originally posted by whitemach1 View Post
                    There are more Kias on the road then Ferraris, Doesnt mean the Kia is better.
                    I understand that the iPhone is more trendy and that women will fall all over you if you have one, but the Android is a better overall product and their app development process is so much better than Apple's that it's ludicrous.. which is one of the main reasons why Apple is now losing the market. But you go ahead and cling to that shiny brick.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I am working on re-purposing the code in the app for the Iphone. They run on totally different systems, so a takes a bit to make the switch.

About the USA cop, it's a good app too. I don't make that app, someone else does, and it has a lot of very useful stuff in it. I think for 2 dollars, you can't go wrong having both of these on you phone.
                      Dig
                      Never...EVER...do anything to encourage a mime!

Comment

I understand that the iPhone is more trendy and that women will fall all over you if you have one, but the Android is a better overall product and their app development process is so much better than Apple's that it's ludicrous.. which is one of the main reasons why Apple is now losing the market. But you go ahead and cling to that shiny brick.
                        LOL yeah enjoy that short battery life in the android phone. Also Android does not have as high of standards for their apps. There are many apps which do not function properly with the androis such as security camera monitoring. Apple apps all work.

Also the Iphone went to Veizon so it will surpass the sales of Android, the only reason it did not initially is because everyone knows the Iphone 5 is coming out and there is no reason to buy the 4 right now. At least you Android will work as a paper weight for you.
                        Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
                          According to the news today, Android is 33% of the smartphone market and Apple only holds 25%
                          Yes but those comparisons are biased for the fact that when you compare android to iphone you include all android based phones while you only include the iphone.

The iphone operating system is used in millions of ipods, ipads.

Comment

iPhone fans are like battered housewives, they won't leave him no matter how much logic and common sense you try to use. Apple still loves me! He promised that it's the last time!

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
                              LOL yeah enjoy that short battery life in the android phone. Also Android does not have as high of standards for their apps. There are many apps which do not function properly with the androis such as security camera monitoring. Apple apps all work.

Also the Iphone went to Veizon so it will surpass the sales of Android, the only reason it did not initially is because everyone knows the Iphone 5 is coming out and there is no reason to buy the 4 right now. At least you Android will work as a paper weight for you.
                              I doubt iphone going to verizon will gain apple that much market share. Just don't think that many people were dying for the iphone to make the jump to another carrier. I'm sure there will some bump in sales, but it won't take Android down.

I also like the open nature of Android apps, there are duds here and there. But I can put anything I want on my phone, no problem. Heck if I don't like the OS or UI, I can put a different verison on my phone. My old phone was running a bit slow with newer apps and I don't want to upgrade quite yet? Solution? Rooted and overclocked that bad boy. Can't do any of that on iphone

If you like the iphone, cool beans, they are decent enough phones. Plenty of people are happy with them. But just not for me, the Android is much more flexible and open system.
                              Last edited by Dingo990; 04-07-2011, 02:31 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6352 users online. 380 members and 5972 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X