• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Officer shot responding to home invasion

Clairton officer shot responding to home invasion
    Tuesday, April 05, 2011
    By Moriah Balingit, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    A Clairton police officer responding to a home invasion was shot in the chest Monday night, authorities said.

The officer was responding to a home invasion at 860 Miller Ave. at around 10:45 p.m. when a bullet struck him under the arm, just outside the coverage of his bulletproof vest, according to police.

The officer, whose identity and age have not been released, was taken by ambulance to UPMC Mercy. The extent of his injuries was not known as of early this morning.

Police, heavily armed with automatic weapons, were looking for two suspects and had cordoned off a large area to intensify their search overnight.

Police from dozens of surrounding communities responded to the scene. Officers used search dogs to scour the area while helicopters searched overhead block by block.

One neighbor said she heard about five gunshots around the time the officer was wounded and then heard ambulances speeding down the street.
    http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11095/1137121-100.stm

This happened on the 2 year anniversary of 3 Pittsburgh Police Officers being killed in an ambush, and only a few miles away. Prayers are with the Clairton Officer, whose injuries appear very serious.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

I hope the officer is ok
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

WTF is it open season on Officer's? My God Be Safe Out There. This is getting ridiculous. Yet I barley hear a peep about this on the news. That pis-es me off more than anything.

Thoughts & Prayers en route.
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
        WTF is it open season on Officer's? My God Be Safe Out There. This is getting ridiculous. Yet I barley hear a peep about this on the news. That pis-es me off more than anything.

Thoughts & Prayers en route.
        Well duh, Charlie Sheen's drug use and Justin Bieber's new haircut are way more newsworthy events... How unamerican of you to demand legitimate news information!

This country infuriates me when it comes to what they consider "newsworthy," "important," and "priority."
        I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

my goodness I pray for the police officer to be ok and I hope to god they find these two animals and blow their dam heads off!! This is geting crazy with cops being killed from Alaska to Pa, to Michigan to Texas! It should be in every state.. if you kill a cop.. you will be hunted down and killed! I am ****ed off!

Comment

Last I heard on the radio (albiet - earlier today) the bullet severed the officer's spinal cord & that he is in a medically induced coma.
            Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6449 users online. 350 members and 6099 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X