300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to be tried by military tribunal

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the U.S., will be tried by a military commission at the U.S. Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, NPR's Dina Temple-Raston reports.

CBS News, Reuters, CNN and other news outlets also are saying they've been told by sources with direct knowledge of the decision that Mohammed will indeed by tried at Guantanamo rather than before a civilian court in the U.S. — as the Obama administration once said would happen. The Associated Press adds that "four co-conspirators" will also face a military commission.

In early March, President Obama signed an executive order that ended a two-year ban on military trials at Guantanamo Bay.

While Obama had campaigned on a promise to close the detention facility, and wanted to bring suspected terrorists to justice in civilian courts, Congress passed laws that conducting such trials almost impossible.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Well there goes there chance of living.
    Semper Paratus/Always Ready
    Originally posted by jakflak
    The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
    Originally posted by Michigan
    I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Comment

The hell with trials, I say we go Medieval on his ***.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
        Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the U.S., will be tried by a military commission at the U.S. Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, NPR's Dina Temple-Raston reports.

CBS News, Reuters, CNN and other news outlets also are saying they've been told by sources with direct knowledge of the decision that Mohammed will indeed by tried at Guantanamo rather than before a civilian court in the U.S. — as the Obama administration once said would happen. The Associated Press adds that "four co-conspirators" will also face a military commission.

In early March, President Obama signed an executive order that ended a two-year ban on military trials at Guantanamo Bay.

While Obama had campaigned on a promise to close the detention facility, and wanted to bring suspected terrorists to justice in civilian courts, Congress passed laws that conducting such trials almost impossible.

Rightfully so,.........
        Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
        ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
        ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
        — Horace Mann

Comment

Yeah, and Holder has his panties in a wad over Obama's decision. Trial by Military Commission has ample precedent, and really is the proper venue. Holder simply doesn't understand that.

Comment

Unfortunately we wont see this guy tried for years as his lawyers bring challenges against the constitutionality of being tried by military commission.

Comment

Why is he even still alive?
              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                Why is he even still alive?
                I agree 1000000+

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2619 users online. 136 members and 2483 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X