Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a good way to start the baseball season!...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good way to start the baseball season!...

This is messed up...Poor guy just went to watch a ball game and now is fighting for his life...I hope they get who ever did this...They're offering a reward for info...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/S...-attack-040211

Giants fan remains hospitalized

Updated Apr 3, 2011 1:41 AM ET
    LOS ANGELES (AP)

A savage beating by two men outside Dodger Stadium left a San Francisco Giants fan in a medically induced coma as police on Saturday urged any witnesses to help identify the attackers.

The assault after Thursday's season opener between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the rival Giants left a 42-year-old paramedic from Santa Cruz in critical but stable condition.

Police released composite sketches of the two suspects, who were wearing Dodgers clothing.

Detective Larry Burcher said security cameras had yielded nothing of great value, but investigators were confident there were many witnesses with valuable information. Los Angeles County Supervisor Mike Antonovich offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of the suspects.

The two suspects cursed and taunted three men in Giants gear as thousands of fans left the stadium after the 2-1 Dodger victory, Detective T.J. Moore said.

The Giants fans ran and two got away, but the assailants caught up to one in the parking lot, struck him on the back of the head and as he fell, he hit his head on the asphalt, Moore said.

Both attackers then kicked the victim, then ran, Moore said. They fled in a four-door sedan driven by a woman with a boy, Moore said.

The victim's friends returned and found him on the ground.

Police have not released his name, but friends and family told his hometown paper, the Santa Cruz Sentinel, that his name was Bryan Stow, a married father of two who works for a San Jose ambulance company.

Family members were at County-USC Hospital, where doctors put him in a coma to deal with his brain injuries, according to City News Service.

Rebecca Mackowiak, Stow's co-worker at American Medical Response, started a fund to help pay his medical bills.

"He is a really friendly guy and easygoing," she told the Sentinel. "There's not one person in this world who knows him who would think of him as a fighter."

The Dodgers said they were co-operating with investigators and wished the victim a speedy recovery.

After offering the reward, Antonovich called for enhanced security and strict limits on alcohol sales at Dodger Stadium, which is owned by the team and regulated by Los Angeles and the state Alcohol Beverages Control Board.

Dodgers owner Frank McCourt defended the organization, saying the violence was awful but that it can't always be stopped.

"I'm quite confident that all of our measures were in place, and it's just one of those things that you could have 2,000 policemen there and it's just not going to change that random act of violence. It's a sad, sad thing,'' McCourt said at the dedication of a Dodger-sponsored Little League field in South Los Angeles. "Let's keep in mind that opening day is 56,000 people, it's a lot of people, and the incidents we had relative to that were very, very few. But, that said, one is too many."

Southern California ballparks have seen violence in recent years. In April 2009, a man stabbed his friend in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after the team's home opener. Arthur Alvarez said he acted in self-defense and was acquitted by a jury.

Two months later at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, an off-duty police officer shot and wounded two men who assaulted him in the parking lot after a game.

The West Coast rivalry began on April 18, 1958, the first game played in California after both teams had moved from New York. The Dodgers beat the Giants 6-5 in a game played before nearly 79,000 fans at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
    sigpic

Disgusting. Not what anyone expects from even the most rabid baseball fans. Hopefully they are caught soon and sent to prison for a long time, and the victim will be enjoying lots of sunny afternoons at the game while they are being raped in the shower.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Wow. Im definitely carrying if I go to Dodger Stadium. I hope the Giant's fan makes a full recovery.
      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Thought that only happened at Raider games.

SF and LA have a long standing rivalry....it's a game. Sadly this fellow is now fighting for his life. AMR folks are part of the "family". Thought and prayers sent.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

This is why I will not go to Dodger games, even when they play at Angel Stadium. First, they will search at Dodger Stadium, so carrying is not an option. We can carry at Angel Stadium (which is how the off-duty officer was able to defend himself against DODGER fans). It is sad. Angel fans have a lot more class.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Smurfette
          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
          Originally posted by DAL
          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I never understood that. I would never want to physical hurt someone over a team win or lose. Some need to get a life my God.

That's why I don't bring the kids to Pro sporting events.
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Very sad. When I hit games with my son it is something very special and a good time. The very last thing I would want to have to deal with is some ignorant person trying to ruin it. I hope they find the pieces of crap who did this.

Some fans are very ignorant people. I would type what I really think of them but I don't want to get banned again. I sure can't fathom why people like this go to the games cause they sure as hell don't care about the sport.

When I lived in DC I used to go watch the Capitals play a lot. When they played the New York Islanders I would wear my Islanders jersey. On more then one occasion I would have some drunk pos grab my jersey and make lewd comments. I was always getting harassed but it just resolved to me that I needed to continue wearing my jersey and not let them get to me. Fans like that need to be banned for life so the true fans can sit and enjoy the game and their time with the family.
              Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4028 users online. 218 members and 3810 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X