Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Control

Hey guys,

I know im breaking a rule that my dad always told me not to break and that rule is talking about politics with people you don't know but here we go. What are your opinions on gun control since you guys are around it every day? I am far from anti-2nd amendment, i enjoy harvesting the whitetail deer population but i want to get the opinion of you guys who face the dangers of firearms everyday. I know i would re-think my opinoins if i was ever injured in the line of duty by an illlegally obtained weapon but anyways thanks guys

ks
    Sgt. Siek: Now to the rest of you, do you have what it takes to be the meanest, the cruelest, the most sadist unforgiving mother ****ers in God's cruel kingdom?
    All Marines: Yes, Staff Sergeant.
    Sgt. Siek: Will you be able to one day say, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the God damn valley?"
    Sgt. Siek: We shall ****ing see.

Gun control laws do absolutely nothing to stop the illegal use of firearms, or the illegal acquisition of firearms.

These laws are about CONTROL, pure and simple.

I worked patrol for over 16 years in LA County......and can I count on the fingers of one hand (and have some left over), the number of legally owned firearms that I either seized, or that were used in crimes that I investigated.
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

World_So_Cold

Comment

I would of course prefer that nobody in the world except me had a gun, however that wouldnt be fair to those who were like me...(good, law abiding people)

Criminals dont abide by gun laws....the only people who are carrying in a "no weapons here" place are the bad guys....and me

The vast majority are good law abiding people and some, fortunately, get to use their weapons to shoot down a bad person and prevent themselves or others from being victims of terrible, brutal crimes
        Last edited by crass cop; 04-02-2011, 08:04 PM.
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
          Gun control laws do absolutely nothing to stop the illegal use of firearms, or the illegal acquisition of firearms.

I worked patrol for over 16 years in LA County......and can I count on the fingers of one hand (and have some left over), the number of legally owned firearms that I either seized, or that were used in crimes that I investigated.
          Those both sum it up exactly.

I will also state, I have worked several cases where if the homeowner had access to a gun, tragedy may have been averted.

Comment

So far as I can determine, at no place in the United States has violent crime gone up when right-to-carry laws were enacted and conversely, at no place in the United States has violent crime gone down when more strict gun-control laws were enacted. At the least we can demonstrate that gun-control laws are ineffective, and at most we can demonstrate that they may actually be counterproductive.
            "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
            But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
            "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
            We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

thanks for the responses......... how in your opinion do you think that crimes that involve illegally obtained weapons can be controlled or decreased?
              Sgt. Siek: Now to the rest of you, do you have what it takes to be the meanest, the cruelest, the most sadist unforgiving mother ****ers in God's cruel kingdom?
              Sgt. Siek: Will you be able to one day say, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the God damn valley?"

Comment

Originally posted by celtics009 View Post
                thanks for the responses......... how in your opinion do you think that crimes that involve illegally obtained weapons can be controlled or decreased?
                Stop playing 'lets make a deal' and actually take them to trial......and then hammer the dog crap out of them when they get found guilty.

The use of a firearm in a violent crime here in CA is supposed to be a mandatory 7 year (I think) enhancement.....that gets added on top of whatever you got for the original offense.....that very rarely occurs in most cases.
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

A gun is a tool. To the criminal it is a tool for them to take control of the situation via force for monetary gain.

imho there is no law effective to trump greed and the mentality of the criminal mind.

There are of course more barbaric and incredibly effective ways of dealing with the actual use of the tools by the criminal. But we are a polite society in that regard unfortunately.
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
                  After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

"Gun control" is a term that has a variety of meanings. A general discussion of gun control is not very meaningful.
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                      Stop playing 'lets make a deal' and actually take them to trial......and then hammer the dog crap out of them when they get found guilty.

The use of a firearm in a violent crime here in CA is supposed to be a mandatory 7 year (I think) enhancement.....that gets added on top of whatever you got for the original offense.....that very rarely occurs in most cases.
                      I know in my home state of NY the gun laws are pretty heavy but just like in CA it rarely occurs unless your a professional athlete or rapper....

Comment

and 10-7, I completely and 100% agree with your last sentence

Comment

I know in my home state of NY the gun laws are pretty heavy but just like in CA it rarely occurs unless your a professional athlete or rapper....
                          In fact, quite a few gang bangers and felons get arrested in California for carrying or possessing a weapon.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, I had no problem getting a rifle or shotgun. I filled out a form and they called the FBI and I walked out with them..ammo and all. I am currently waiting on a pistol permit that I was told is only taking 6 months because of the amount of applicants.

There should be some kind of check. It shouldn't be like shopping for socks.

World_So_Cold

Comment

GUns are not the issue. It's people with bad intentions are the issue with LEOs. If there were no guns, then they will use baseball bats, molotov cocktail, bucket of urine and whatever else they can get their hands on to harm others.

I'm all for Gun control as people definitely need to learn how to shoot their intended target with the speed and accuracy.

Now go out and visit your local gun store and buy more guns and ammo!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6191 users online. 343 members and 5848 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X