Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not a big fan of the death penalty, but I can make an exception for this lady...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a big fan of the death penalty, but I can make an exception for this lady...

A 30-year-old housekeeper admitted Thursday that she fatally abused her infant son through shaking, beating and severe burning, by inflicting injuries that dated back to when he was born 57 days earlier, authorities said.

Josela Posada pleaded guilty before Washoe District Judge Steven Elliott to the first-degree murder of her 8-week-old baby, Kristopher, who died Feb. 13, 2010. She was scheduled for a May 26 sentencing where she faces a term of life in prison. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials have also placed a hold on the El Salvadorian woman whom they said is in the country illegally.

During a preliminary hearing, baby Kristopher’s father, Orlando Vasquez, testified that Posada referred to the infant as a gay slur and had never wanted the child. Vasquez and Reno police detectives testified Posada admitted to them she struck the baby when she was angered by his crying.

Posada has an older daughter who was 15-months old when Kristopher died after Posada said she had put him to sleep in his crib. Deputy District Attorney Elliott Sattler said the girl was healthy and well cared for, and that she is in the custody of relatives.

Vasquez testified he was trying to get custody of his son and that Posada wouldn’t let him see the boy.

At the time of the baby’s death, Posada had been working as a housekeeper for an apartment complex on Kuenzli Street, where she also lived with her children.

Sattler said when Posada discovered her baby had died, she waited 45 minutes before a friend called police. She also did not seek medical attention for the child.

He said an autopsy showed the underweight baby had injuries to his brain that were consistent with shaking, that both of his retinas were detached, and that he suffered several rib fractures, a broken femur, had whiplash, spinal cord injuries, and first and second-degree burns on his abdomen and groin area.

The autopsy also showed that the injuries dated from the time he was born until the day he died.

A teenage girl who babysat Kristopher testified that he was always screaming and shrieking as if he were in severe pain. Posada blamed the boy’s burn blisters on “diaper rash,” the girl said.

The injuries dated back to the day he was born? Good Lord.

Comment

After reading this I wondered to myself..... "would anything people do in this world ever surprise me again?" .... My conclusion: no.

Comment

I am a HUGE fan of the death penalty and have offered my services to carry out that penalty free of charge.
        How horrible...this poor baby. Can you imagine the pain and suffering?

Burn in hell you illegal POS
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I honestly wish I didn't read that. As a father and a human I can't imagiane that or the pain that baby felt. Things like this make me waiver in my faith in the Lord I am so sorry to say.
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

My GOD! Please deliver this piece of S**T to HELL!

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
              I honestly wish I didn't read that. As a father and a human I can't imagiane that or the pain that baby felt. Things like this make me waiver in my faith in the Lord I am so sorry to say.
              For me, it is my faith in people that gets shaken by things like this, not my faith in God.

The frightening and unfathomable thing about having been given free will is that God will not stop us when we choose to be evil. We'd like God to give us free will but also stop people from abusing their freedom. And it just doesn't work that way. If you get the freedom, you have to take the responsibility that comes with it-- and the horror of people abusing their freedom and choosing cruelty and malice when they could choose love and nobility.

But when I look at that woman, I do not see anyone looking back at me from those dead eyes. As horrible as that baby had it, the baby is now free of her, and is no longer in pain. She cannot hurt or influence it anymore. I believe it is with God, and is being healed and comforted.

That woman still has to live with whatever the hell it is that told her to do that inside her head and her heart.

And do not take that as an expression of sympathy for her from me. I have none for her.

Stories like this make me wonder about demon possession.
              We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
              but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Thanks, that’s one of the worst stories I’ve ever read. She could have at least had the decency to be quick about it. Why torture the child?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Lor View Post
                  Thanks, that’s one of the worst stories I’ve ever read. She could have at least had the decency to be quick about it. Why torture the child?
                  I am relatively certain she is not mentally sound. She probably thought the child was intentionally torturing her.

Comment

I have worked death row. In doing so it only affirmed to me that the death penalty is a much needed thing.
                    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
                      I have worked death row. In doing so it only affirmed to me that the death penalty is a much needed thing.
                      After working prisons for 30 yrs in a state that doesn't have the death penalty......................I agree with you strongly.
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

That poor infant didn't know a single day without excruciating pain. My God, what that poor child had to go through. My heart bleeds for that poor child.....and my head swells with anger at the "thing" that put the baby through all that.

I, too, wish I had never read that.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Smurfette
                        Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                        Originally posted by DAL
                        You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

You know, I used to object to the death penalty on the basis of conscience, but I no longer do.

My mind was changed by a case that happened in my area, where two people picked up teenaged girls, and video-taped their torture and murder, for their own sexual gratification. And what I realized at that time was, I don't want those people in the same world as my grandkids or the kids in my Sunday school, and I don't believe there is any earthly way to redeem and change them. Whatever hope for there is for their turning away from such evil is already in their own hands, but they have rejected it-- and it is in God's hands, not mine. God is not hampered by whether or not they are alive.

So my thought is, protect the children, and let God deal with them.

I hope I am not disappointing God, by thinking this way about it, but after a lot of thought I feel if I must risk being wrong, I would rather be wrong protecting the children than be wrong protecting people who prey upon them. So at this point, anyway, that's where I am on it.

If God can heal people's souls in life, he can heal them in death. Send her to God, and let God deal with her.

Protect the children, because there is no one to protect them, if their parents turn against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain Keppy View Post
                            Y
                            I hope I am not disappointing God, by thinking this way about it, but after a lot of thought I feel if I must risk being wrong, I would rather be wrong protecting the children than be wrong protecting people who prey upon them. So at this point, anyway, that's where I am on it.

We had a chaplain at my prison for many years who was a Catholic Priest...................he actually was a full time State Employee as well as Pastor for the local parish.

He spent 25 yrs working at 3 different Correctional Facilities............................he was a STRONG proponent of Capital Punishment.

He told me one time that he had NO problems concerning his faith and the death penalty.
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Chaplains tend to have a different perspective on life than parish clergy, I think.

Standing beside LEOs and COs, we are witness to a different crew than the usual parish pastor. Parish pastors really do get to see the best of people, because they spend their time with people who are trying to serve God, or at least realize that is an option. Churches are volunteer organizations, after all, no adult is forced to attend them against their will.

Chaplains see both the best and the worst.

Some of you are the best, laying your lives on the line for the good of others.

Some of the people you deal with are the worst, like the one this thread is about.

The more a person sees, the more that person has to deal with theologically.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4913 users online. 233 members and 4680 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X