Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer, please write me a ticket ?

http://peopleofwalmart.com/wp-conten...009/09/133.jpg

I have seen some jacked up headlight "repairs" but this takes the cake.
    Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

I thought mine was bad. Every time I start the car I do a walkaround to double-check my headlights. 1/10 times I'll have to beat the **** out of the front left headlight before it turns on. Once it's on, it's golden.

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
      I thought mine was bad. Every time I start the car I do a walkaround to double-check my headlights. 1/10 times I'll have to beat the **** out of the front left headlight before it turns on. Once it's on, it's golden.
      They make a special grease you put on the connector once you clean it that will help prevent that. OR, you could just get a flashlight :-).

Comment

I believe that would actually be legal in Texas - I'd have to check to be sure. But it would cost a fortune in D batteries if you were going very far.
        If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by School Cop View Post
          I believe that would actually be legal in Texas - I'd have to check to be sure. But it would cost a fortune in D batteries if you were going very far.
          Well I have been told here in Ohio that all lights that came from the factory most be operative. In theory for example you might be able to meet the legal req with a home built car that has only 1 brake light/ tail light...but since most of ours came with two, they both must work.

Comment

Originally posted by School Cop View Post
            I would think it violates 547.333 which requires multiple-beam lighting equipment.

Comment

I've seen something similar to that before at walmart. Kind of weird that's in Ohio too lol. This state is full of nutcases
              Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac View Post
                I would think it violates 547.333 which requires multiple-beam lighting equipment.
                If he doesn't drive faster than 20 mph, is he okay under 547.335?

Comment

Had to be a buckeye........go figure
                  I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it

"But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet
                  it" - Thucydides

sigpic

Comment

Ahh...I bow to your superior Transportation Code knowledge. Very nice, very nice.
                    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by sp23 View Post
                      Had to be a buckeye........go figure
                      I would hazard a guess that it was an urban setting where the picture was taken, and urban folks are a race, color, creed all of their own, they are not citizens of any state, I think you can move them from one city to another, and they don't even break stride.

That is a tough statute to read and understand. I know some vehicles have a combination of low beam only and multiple beam lights. I had not seen the 300 foot rule when following, maybe we learned it in drivers ed, one guy I worked with was irate that I followed him a mile back with high beams on...1/4 mile sounds more lucid :-).

And MC are exempt, but most that I have seen use multiple beam lamps.

I remember seeing a car setting in a roadside rest, nobody around it, Datsun 280z or some such, it had the top half of the headlight lenses covered with black tape...my guess was that you could run the high beams without d***ling oncoming traffic ?

Bill
                      Last edited by willbird; 04-01-2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Factory lenses required to be inproper order.
                        Must have single switch to control high and low beam.
                        Lenses also have federal codes on them.
                        Front marker lamps.
                        Side marker lamps.
                        Front turn signal.

Btw I'd bet that car has at least two bad tires and at least one lighting violation on the rear.
                        Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5564 users online. 329 members and 5235 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X